Options

Worst titan ever?

Comments

• Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,129 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited April 24

Wicket329 said:

To everyone who thinks Blade is a decent champion. 7* champion kills Winter Solider in 160 hits.

All this tells me is that you either aren’t using him properly or have a bad mastery setup for a bleed dependent champion.

This is a 6* r3 Blade. And I goofed at one point, took a couple hits, and got power drained. I run 5/5 deep wounds as part of my standard mastery loadout. Notice that your bleed damage percentage is only 10%, but mine is 29%? And how my hit counter is substantially higher, but my fight time is only a little bit slower despite there being a huge difference in the stats of our champions?

That’s deep wounds. Higher bleed uptime means more power gain, which means more sp2 spamming. Blade’s sp2 is I believe 10 hits, and I threw a *lot* of specials.

Oh, and for the record, his regen absolutely isn’t useless in content because it makes him recoil friendly. I decided to push up through Rhino using recoils for every fight to see what that would look like.

My Blade is only sig 20, so healing was not super efficient and I was still trying to do these fights with speed in mind. So I hovered around 30-40% health, enough to sustain chip damage in relevant content.

Final note is that the difference in attack between an r3 6* and an r2 7* is about a 66% increase. So if you’re curious how Blade would scale from my results to an r2 7*, use that plus the benefits from stat focus (I’d likely recommend crit chance to maximize bleeds on sp2), and generally higher base stats.

Blade is not what he used to be in the meta. To try to claim otherwise would be ridiculous on its face. But to say he has no damage or utility and that he’s a β€œworthless” champion is equally laughable. He’s very solid. Do I want him out of a Titan? No, not in particular. Would I want him from a basic? Yeah, absolutely. Which means he’s gotta go through the Titan, because that’s how it works for now.
    2:30 seconds with 5/5 deep wounds is still mid af. It's even worse than I thought. Oh man, again this "he's a very solid" guy😫 Solid for what? Groot also kills Winter Solider and he's more recoil friendly than Blade. My deep wounds mastery is level 1 and I'm not planning to rank it up because it's too expensive and I don't care about Blades bleed damage. Do you want to see bleed damage champion? Play with Venom without deep wounds. The match will finish in under 1 minute.
    Blade wasn’t known for his damage, his damage’s ok, he’s known for Danger Sense and the ability to shut down certain defenders

Also if you wanna see a Groot kill on ROL opponents
    https://youtu.be/8wo7SGaInSk?si=HZ5qIK6IvFLnaZUU
  • Options
    QalibZamanQalibZaman Posts: 98 β˜…β˜…
    EdisonLaw said:

Wicket329 said:

To everyone who thinks Blade is a decent champion. 7* champion kills Winter Solider in 160 hits.

All this tells me is that you either aren’t using him properly or have a bad mastery setup for a bleed dependent champion.

This is a 6* r3 Blade. And I goofed at one point, took a couple hits, and got power drained. I run 5/5 deep wounds as part of my standard mastery loadout. Notice that your bleed damage percentage is only 10%, but mine is 29%? And how my hit counter is substantially higher, but my fight time is only a little bit slower despite there being a huge difference in the stats of our champions?

That’s deep wounds. Higher bleed uptime means more power gain, which means more sp2 spamming. Blade’s sp2 is I believe 10 hits, and I threw a *lot* of specials.

Oh, and for the record, his regen absolutely isn’t useless in content because it makes him recoil friendly. I decided to push up through Rhino using recoils for every fight to see what that would look like.

My Blade is only sig 20, so healing was not super efficient and I was still trying to do these fights with speed in mind. So I hovered around 30-40% health, enough to sustain chip damage in relevant content.

Final note is that the difference in attack between an r3 6* and an r2 7* is about a 66% increase. So if you’re curious how Blade would scale from my results to an r2 7*, use that plus the benefits from stat focus (I’d likely recommend crit chance to maximize bleeds on sp2), and generally higher base stats.

Blade is not what he used to be in the meta. To try to claim otherwise would be ridiculous on its face. But to say he has no damage or utility and that he’s a β€œworthless” champion is equally laughable. He’s very solid. Do I want him out of a Titan? No, not in particular. Would I want him from a basic? Yeah, absolutely. Which means he’s gotta go through the Titan, because that’s how it works for now.
    2:30 seconds with 5/5 deep wounds is still mid af. It's even worse than I thought. Oh man, again this "he's a very solid" guy😫 Solid for what? Groot also kills Winter Solider and he's more recoil friendly than Blade. My deep wounds mastery is level 1 and I'm not planning to rank it up because it's too expensive and I don't care about Blades bleed damage. Do you want to see bleed damage champion? Play with Venom without deep wounds. The match will finish in under 1 minute.
    Blade wasn’t known for his damage, his damage’s ok, he’s known for Danger Sense and the ability to shut down certain defenders

Also if you wanna see a Groot kill on ROL opponents
    https://youtu.be/8wo7SGaInSk?si=HZ5qIK6IvFLnaZUU
    Yeap and his danger sense work against 2-3 meta defenders and I have better champions to beat them. Don't show this video to kabam please, next time Groot will be in the titan crystal 🫣
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,134 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

GMAX77 said:

There are so many below-average champions in Titan now. Luke, Blade, Thing. Even Jabari was better than them. From Warlock to Penny, from Shang Chi to Blade? This is just terrible. Basic has 10x times better options.

Umm...so just for clarification are you saying that Luke, Blade, and Thing are bad because you consider them "bad" or because they need extremely high to max sig for them to be at their best?
    So max sig Blade is beyond god champion? He's still trash. Not even a single player uses him and no one ever will use him. It's just there for nothing
    ……
    Yeap, he's trash with or without sig ability. I would love to see these people's faces when they got him from Titan lol. I would love to see what rank is their Blade. People think he's beyond god. This is the most absurd thing I've ever read in a forum.
    No one is telling you he's "beyond God tier". You're the one spouting all this nonsense. Blade is a SOLID champion. No one is saying he's better than some other champs in the game but if you have Blade and not other counters, he's a good champ.

We get it, you have a strong opinion against Blade and it's a hill you seem to want to die on but you need to preface that it's YOUR opinion and that you don't speak for the entire community.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,935 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

well since we got nothing better to do than to argue on a video game forum :)

go back and look at the champs. compared to blade, all of them were useless. remember that 2017 was the year of 12.0, blade was a breakthrough in utility, most champs were basic, and the good ones you see weren't buffed back then.

2015:

notable champs:

magik: great atttacker but no active regen, no debuff management, and no AAR.

all the OG gods were nerfed and not available as a 5*.

ultron: people brought him for his regen in AQ, but he was called pillow hands for a reason

wolverine: regen for AQ.

2016:

x23: regen for AQ

ghost rider: regen for AQ

voodoo: regen, AAR. very good.

hyperion: very good. regen, good attack.

2017:

gwenpool: AAR, no regen, no debuff mitigation.

AA: AAR, but no regen and very hit or miss in war back then because of hidden tiles. regained a ton of value after defenders became visible years later.

iceman: great at the time but didn't rival blade

stark spidey: great at the time

medusa: meta defender

mephisto/morningstar/modok: meta defenders that blade ran through.

in 2017 the attackers that really stood out and had good use in many areas of the game, not just AQ, were blade, stark spidey, magik, voodoo, hyperion, iceman, and mayyybe AA.

that's it, it was a really small pool. if you still think blade's "great" today, you're looking at things using the old perspective.

blade was made irrelevant in 2018 when corvus, ghost, and omega took over. it's so silly to think he's still "good". i mean he's alright but they added 150 more champs that do everything better. it's not 2017 anymore lol.

-cheers

Sparky is still fantastic now too. Battlegrounds monster and easily one of the most versatile, hard hitting champs of the old era
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,061 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

GMAX77 said:

There are so many below-average champions in Titan now. Luke, Blade, Thing. Even Jabari was better than them. From Warlock to Penny, from Shang Chi to Blade? This is just terrible. Basic has 10x times better options.

Umm...so just for clarification are you saying that Luke, Blade, and Thing are bad because you consider them "bad" or because they need extremely high to max sig for them to be at their best?
    So max sig Blade is beyond god champion? He's still trash. Not even a single player uses him and no one ever will use him. It's just there for nothing
    ……
    Yeap, he's trash with or without sig ability. I would love to see these people's faces when they got him from Titan lol. I would love to see what rank is their Blade. People think he's beyond god. This is the most absurd thing I've ever read in a forum.
    No one is telling you he's "beyond God tier". You're the one spouting all this nonsense. Blade is a SOLID champion. No one is saying he's better than some other champs in the game but if you have Blade and not other counters, he's a good champ.

We get it, you have a strong opinion against Blade and it's a hill you seem to want to die on but you need to preface that it's YOUR opinion and that you don't speak for the entire community.
    I'm pretty sure no one plays with him in the entire community. They are just there to defend him. You are all living in the past. Blade isn't even your 100th rank-up option. Yet you are saying he's "solid". He's solid for wasting 20k Titan shards. I just can't believe how Kabam added him to the titan.
    Blade was a staple alliance war attacker in T1 during the Sugar Pill/Decay meta. My alliance had multiple R5 Blades, some ascended. And while that meta has now passed, I would not be surprised to see Blade show up as a Saga champ at some point in the near future and he’ll be right back to that level of use.
  • Options
    Gentry2099Gentry2099 Posts: 236 β˜…β˜…

GMAX77 said:

……
    Okay…?
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,061 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Wicket329 said:

Closer to a minute and a half, actually. 7*, r1, 4* venom relic, still maxed out deep wounds. Also I didn’t have a relic on Blade in my testing, I’m sure there’s some skill relic that would have helped his damage output further or at least made it easier to chain specials.

I don’t know why you’re so insistent on this. Blade is better than you give him credit for. Again, he’s not a top skill champ. Nobody’s claiming that. But you are trying to make it sound like it’s some insane thing to find value in this champion, and there’s absolutely value to be found.
  • Options

GMAX77 said:

……

I'm pretty sure no one plays with him in the entire community. They are just there to defend him. You are all living in the past. Blade isn't even your 100th rank-up option. Yet you are saying he's "solid". He's solid for wasting 20k Titan shards. I just can't believe how Kabam added him to the titan.
    He's not just a 7* my dude. He's available from 2 to 7*. He can help with newer players growing rosters.

Again, you're trolling so this will be it for me. I hope you only pull Blade, even when he's out of the Titan.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

Closer to a minute and a half, actually. 7*, r1, 4* venom relic, still maxed out deep wounds. Also I didn’t have a relic on Blade in my testing, I’m sure there’s some skill relic that would have helped his damage output further or at least made it easier to chain specials.

I don’t know why you’re so insistent on this. Blade is better than you give him credit for. Again, he’s not a top skill champ. Nobody’s claiming that. But you are trying to make it sound like it’s some insane thing to find value in this champion, and there’s absolutely value to be found.

6* R2 Venom. With level 1 deep wounds. He kills faster than Blade.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,661 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Blade, Thing, and Peni are bad? What are you smoking my guy? Now, in fairness, those champs are quite underwhelming compared to the other insane champs in the Titan, such as Onslaught. However, these champs are by no means a bad pull, just not as good as the champs you'd like.
  • Options

Blade, Thing, and Peni are bad? What are you smoking my guy? Now, in fairness, those champs are quite underwhelming compared to the other insane champs in the Titan, such as Onslaught. However, these champs are by no means a bad pull, just not as good as the champs you'd like.
    He's not a bad pull, he's the worst pull ever. He's the worst 7* champion in the game.
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 508 β˜…β˜…β˜…

GMAX77 said:

……
    I can't speak for anyone else, but since I've been one of the "Blade defenders" in this thread, I want to be clear that I do not see him as "God Tier" (assuming that classification would mean within the top 5 of a particular class). Not at all. Fury, King Pin, Kate, and even Aegon could all lay claim to that title (Aegon specifically for Incursions and Longform). I just have difficulty seeing Blade as "trash", but I have to also pause and digest that there will probably be other champs that get the "trash" label. Punisher 2099 is a good example of a champ who has a lot of fans, but is not a major player in any of the big game modes. He is certainly not God Tier, Celestial Tier, or Top Shelf but I'm sure there would be those who would be happy to pull him from a 7 star crystal...but probably not a Titan Crystal.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 582 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Cvlr said:

Thing is mid? Go face my 7* r2 duped in bg so :)
    yeah, thing's kind of mid. too many counters, even at 7r3 200 the good players would eat him up with the skill class.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,438 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Cvlr said:

Thing is mid? Go face my 7* r2 duped in bg so :)
    yeah, thing's kind of mid. too many counters, even at 7r3 200 the good players would eat him up with the skill class.
    There are so many counters for him it is scary. He’s not at all threatening on defense anymore.
  • Options
    AzdefAzdef Posts: 153 β˜…
    Just a bit off topic...what do guys think of Blade?
  • Options
    Logan00Logan00 Posts: 578 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I pulled White tiger, it was my first titan, can't really complain about it, but I agree that for the scarcity of titan shards, the crystal it really should have better champions in it
  • Options
    Logan00 said:

I pulled White tiger, it was my first titan, can't really complain about it, but I agree that for the scarcity of titan shards, the crystal it really should have better champions in it

That's not what the Titan crystal is for. This was announced by Kabam and in every single thread complaining about what champs should or shouldn't be in there. Titan crystals are how Kabam brings in new 7*'s, whether the new monthly champs or new to 7* like Blade, Thing etc.. it's not a featured crystal, it's not a crystal that rotates in existing 7*'s. The pool is small, allowing you to try and target newer 7*'s. The Titan crystal is not designed for what you or OP would consider "God tier".
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 508 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Logan00 said:

That's not what the Titan crystal is for. This was announced by Kabam and in every single thread complaining about what champs should or shouldn't be in there. Titan crystals are how Kabam brings in new 7*'s, whether the new monthly champs or new to 7* like Blade, Thing etc.. it's not a featured crystal, it's not a crystal that rotates in existing 7*'s. The pool is small, allowing you to try and target newer 7*'s. The Titan crystal is not designed for what you or OP would consider "God tier".
    @Demonzfyre that's what I thought the initial announcement was saying as well. I can imagine how irritating it feels to save and save and save crystals hoping to get a "good champ" and then being disappointed, but my one question for the "god tier" Titan crystal would be this...
    "If we only put the best of the best in the Titan crystal, and the Titan crystal is apparently how champs will be entered into the basic pool, are we hoping to never see less than the best be 7 stars?"

To add a brief wrinkle to this argument though, where would that put Loyalty and Incursions 7 star crystals. Theoretically I'd actually see Blade (who was the topic of a lot of conversation) as similar to Cap Infinity War, Namor, Mojo and the others who happen to be in the Incursions crystal. Come to think of it, he seems like more of a fit to that dynamic than Ronin (decent champ, older "favorite", needs high sig, etc.)
  • Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 418 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Logan00 said:

Completely understand your point, that Kabam's intent was not to load this crystal with superior champs. I think the problem becomes this statement here: The pool is small, allowing you to try and target newer 7*'s It's really hard to target any champs with the scarcity of crystals coupled with the fact that you need more of them than a regular 7*.
  • Options
    J4mmy_d0dger123J4mmy_d0dger123 Posts: 288 β˜…β˜…
    Idk when some people will realise the crystal system is essentially gambling.

Yes you should be rewarded for your time/money invested, but have realistic expectations, expect mud and be elated when you find gold.

The house always wins friends.
  • Options
    YermawYermaw Posts: 25 β˜…

Bendy said:

Titans aint a featured crystal its a crystal for getting them early but u wont open as frequent it's not suppose to be strong as the titan is just a group of champs before they enter basic and out of the titan

It has more value than featured. You open 1 in 2-3 months. But champions are worse than basic. At least make them even. How's Blade in Titan? He's just trash, a forgotten champion. He doesn't have any value. And yet he's in a titan. Didn't they find any other skill champion other than him for Titan? It's unbelievable.
    Blade is amazing have him r5 ascended and pulled his 7 star its going straight to r3
  • Options
    GMAX77 said:

Logan00 said:

@Demonzfyre that's what I thought the initial announcement was saying as well. I can imagine how irritating it feels to save and save and save crystals hoping to get a "good champ" and then being disappointed, but my one question for the "god tier" Titan crystal would be this...
    "If we only put the best of the best in the Titan crystal, and the Titan crystal is apparently how champs will be entered into the basic pool, are we hoping to never see less than the best be 7 stars?"

To add a brief wrinkle to this argument though, where would that put Loyalty and Incursions 7 star crystals. Theoretically I'd actually see Blade (who was the topic of a lot of conversation) as similar to Cap Infinity War, Namor, Mojo and the others who happen to be in the Incursions crystal. Come to think of it, he seems like more of a fit to that dynamic than Ronin (decent champ, older "favorite", needs high sig, etc.)
    Only Kabam knows why they chose which champs for which crystals. I'm not saying Blade wouldn't be better off in the incursions crystal or loyalty crystal, I'm just reiterating what the Titan crystal is. Eventually, we'll have all the current 6*'s brought in as 7*'s and the crystal might turn into something like the current 6* featured.