**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Is there a possibility that we will eventually get rank down tickets for obsolete 6 stars?

Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 470 ★★★
Hey Kabam,

This may be a far stretch but now that 7 stars are becoming more predominant, is there any plans to give us optional rank down tickets for 6 star champs we already have in the seven-star category? It's unfortunate when you have a R4 6 star that you've been working on and then you land a 7 star version.

I'd rather rank down my 6 star and invest all those resources into the 7 star category. What's your thoughts on the matter?

Comments

• Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,667 ★★★★
    No.
    It's your choice to rank up the champs. Asking for a rank down ticket means wasting all that effort on that champs
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,181 ★★★★★
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

I'd rather rank down my 6 star and invest all those resources into the 7 star category.

Well 6* champs and 7* champs cost different rank up materials
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

No.
    It's your choice to rank up the champs. Asking for a rank down ticket means wasting all that effort on that champs

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the purpose of a rank down ticket? To recover the resources invested in the 6 star so you can use the ISO, gold, tier 5 class catalysts ect onto another champ?
  • Options

Mr.0-8-4 said:

I'd rather rank down my 6 star and invest all those resources into the 7 star category.

True but they still use ISO, gold and tier 6 catalyst which could come in handy.
  • Options
    edited April 27
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

Mr.0-8-4 said:

True but they still use ISO, gold and tier 6 catalyst which could come in handy.
    No but it's humorous that you would come to that conclusion because I asked a valid question.

6 stars were the highest rarity for while until 7 stars came around. We all knew this and have come to accept it, often times choosing to make different ranking decisions now that we know we could land a 7 star variation. I'm not advocating for the removal of 6 stars or to make a fundamental change that could break the game. I'm simply asking if that would be a possibility in the future since many of my 6 stars were R5 before 7 stars were announced.
  • Options
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

Mr.0-8-4 said:

Do we get iso and gold back if we use tank down tickets? Chat is this real?

Also if you are valiant, t6 cats ain't a issue anymore. You get them like everyday.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,259 ★★★★★
    This is exactly why they stopped giving RDTs lol
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,134 Guardian
    RDT were only for cases that Kabam mislead the abilities of a champ, that appeared to be doing much greater damage (etc) than he should have been doing, and then they correct it. Or nerf it because the original plan ended up doing too much damage (etc).

It is NOT a way for you to recycle older rankups of champs as you continue to progress in game.

(example #1)
    I got my first 7*, it was Rocket “don't call me” Racoon. I maxed it out because it was my only 7*.
    I loved using Rocket as my only 7*.
    Later, I got more 7* (including CGR, etc), and so now Rocket is of no use to me. I want to downgrade him and use those precious resources for CGR now instead.

(example #2)
    I have a whole lot of 6*, but I am holding off ranking them up at all, because I know that eventually I will maybe get them as a 7*.
    So in the meantime, I can not do any major content, because all my 6* are at Rank-1.
    I would like “Compensation” because I can’t do any content, because I am waiting to pull them as 7*.
    Since there aren’t gonna be any RDT's for me to use on my 6* if I did rank them up.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,321 ★★★★★
    I don't get why this post was made. Did they hand out RDTs to everyone when 6s overtook 5s? That's not how this game works. With Ascension, 6s will remain relevant until we can get r4 to r6 7s regularly.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,274 ★★★★★
    You should have planned accordingly knowing 7 stars were coming.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,908 ★★★★★
    I don't go to home depot or Canadian tire and ask for rank down tickets for my older tools so I can get the newest versions of them, why should kabam do that for champs you invested in?
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

People are on massive drugs this weekend wtf is this lmao

This has something to do with LDS being mispronounced
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 771 ★★★★
    You'll get as many rank down tickets for your 6*s as you got for your 5*s when they became obsolete. 🤣
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,473 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

People are on massive drugs this weekend wtf is this lmao

This has something to do with LDS being mispronounced
    Ah so it's GW's fault?
  • Options
    Thank you all for your replies in this thread. There's been some interesting responses that have given me a different perspective on the matter while other replies have been fueled by some misguided reactivity.

Someone pointed out that 5 stars didn't get RDT when 6 stars came out and that's a fair point. I guess the direction I was taking this thread in, was to ask what would be the negative downside to allowing what I proposed above, to be part of the game now that we're 9 years in. From my limited perspective of how it would impact MCOC, I don't think it would break the game and it would make sense if you're an endgame player who has no need for lower tier champs.

That being said, it looks like the community disagrees which is fine.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,667 ★★★★
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

EdisonLaw said:

No.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the purpose of a rank down ticket? To recover the resources invested in the 6 star so you can use the ISO, gold, tier 5 class catalysts ect onto another champ?
    Yes but Kabam isn't gonna always hand these out. They only do this for like bug fixes and especially nerfs
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,259 ★★★★★
    Sure summoners.. you pulled a 7* champion.. let us give you an RDT so you dont put those rank up materials to waste...
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,862 ★★★★
    About as likely as ad0ra suddenly returning and giving us all 7* Batmans
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,169 ★★★★
    No