**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Stream Recap - May 3, 2024

Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 423 ★★★

May Content - The Train Job/Knull's Lair

Side quest is a map with 4 paths and we get entry keys in the mail every week. Each path has a trap node pointing to the Knull boss, and exploration unlocks a quest that is only a Knull boss with all nodes active

Full Details

Negasonic Teenage Warhead/Silver Sable

NTW builds lots of incinerates, and inflicts incinerate vulnerability. She has a mashing function similar to Howard on her special 2. All of her attacks are non-contact + energy, and she can evade counter-attacks (eg. bullseye, kate, elsa). Every effect she has is passive, including the parry stun. She is expected to be a great counter to skill champions, especially bullseye.

Silver Sable rewards intercepts by building up shocks. She can inflict passive tracking and disorients, and has a trap mechanic like Kraven, although she can have multiple traps simultaneously, and instead of rooting, it inflicts energy burst damage. She can convert her shocks into critical passives, and her heavy can't miss. She is anticipated to be a solid questing champ, as she benefits from some ramping.

Deep Dives go live over the weekend

X-Magica Incursions

Sector 7 Challenge
  • X-Magica/Magic Thief Champions only
  • 5 minute cooldown
  • 20x Nightcrawler Runestones in Zones 1-20
  • 7*/Titan shards in every zone
  • Saga 4-5 gem in zone 25
  • May 8 - June 5
  • Full Details

Spring of Sorrow

• Energy cost reduction: 3 per tile, 6 overall
  • Fights 1-4 happen May 15 - July 16
  • Gauntlet runs from July 17 - August 14

New Ways to Progress

There are going to be alternative means of achieving some progression titles (Conqueror, Uncollected, Cav, Thronebreaker). These are a separate path than the standard story progression, meant as an alternative for people that don't want to play story content. The late game and very early game progressions still require story completion.

NOTE: These requirements exist in parallel to the normal story requirements. Standard story progression will still reward progression titles as it always has
Progression Standard Requirements Alternate Requirements
Challenger 1.1
Contender 2.1
Proven 3.2
Conqueror 4.4 5x 5* r3
Uncollected 5.2 5x 6* r2
Cavalier 6.1 5x 6* r3
Thronebreaker 6.4 + 1x 6* r3 5x 6* r4
Paragon 7.4 + 3x 6* r4
Valiant 8.3 + 2x 7* r3

Omega Days

• May 8 - 15
  • Banquet style event, buy Cav/Paragon/Valiant crystals for points
  • Valiant crystals have only 5/6/7* champions

Omega 7* pool
  • Corvus
  • Omega Sentinel
  • Omega Red
  • Mole Man
  • Quicksilver
  • Longshot
Full Details

Deathless Vision

5 pieces
  • In-Game Message, May 8
  • Battlegrounds Season 19 Victory Track completion, June
  • AW Showcase 2, June
  • Spring of Sorrow solo even, June
  • TBA, July

Promo Codes

After streams starting today, there will be a promo code active on the webstore for 30 minutes, with a second window opening later which will be announced on twitter. It will include some of the legends celebration crystals

EVERYBODYWINS (expiring at 10:54 am Pacific Time)

One last thing, There will be a mid month Family Feud style stream, a form will be posted in the discord later today to source the "audience" answers

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,720 ★★★★★
    God, if exists, Bless you!
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,986 ★★★★★
    so, to be clear, I'm Uncollected, if I can get four more of my 6* champions to r3 along with my 6/r3 Spidey Classic, I become Cavalier?
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,408 ★★★★

so, to be clear, I'm Uncollected, if I can get four more of my 6* champions to r3 along with my 6/r3 Spidey Classic, I become Cavalier?

as long as you have 5 6 star at rank 3 toal, you will be Cavalier.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,408 ★★★★
    Thanks for the recap @Ackbar67
  • Options
    InfamousPlayerInfamousPlayer Posts: 24
    Man I couldn't redeem the code
    why only 30 minutes
  • Options
    i am 20 minutes late
  • Options
    I need justice served
  • Options
    CuchulainnCuchulainn Posts: 97
    Is the new progression live with the May update?
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 3,089 ★★★★
    Thanks for the recap.
    We still don’t have rebalancing info for Onslaught and Maestro though
  • Options
    CuchulainnCuchulainn Posts: 97
    Hey yo @Kabam Miike when does the New progression go live?
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 876 ★★★★
    AW Showcase 2 is gonna suck, praying it isn't the magic thief meta lol
  • Options
    RawInstinctRawInstinct Posts: 62
    To bad if you live in a country when the stream starts at 2am smart move with the promo code really appreciate that
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 3,089 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Pedrothos said:

When do the alternate/"new ways to progress" take effect? I didn't hear kabam_mike say it on stream.

Great question. It will be after the next build of the game is on everyone's device!
    Thanks, but why is everyone’s text white?
  • Options
    JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 598 ★★★

To bad if you live in a country when the stream starts at 2am smart move with the promo code really appreciate that

Too bad you didn't re-watch the stream to see what they said about that. Smart move.
  • Options
    BrandonaliBrandonali Posts: 1
    For the Omega Days event, will Valiant/Paragon players get both Omega Charge and Alpha Route rewards? Or just Omega Charge?
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,537 ★★★★★

For the Omega Days event, will Valiant/Paragon players get both Omega Charge and Alpha Route rewards? Or just Omega Charge?

Both
  • Options
    DeadManWadeDeadManWade Posts: 309
    Alternative ways to snag progression titles??!! Now, call me old-fashioned, but I ain't vibing with the idea of buying your way to the top.

Progression should be earned, not handed out like free tacos on Taco Tuesday! So, let's stick to the tried and true method - Story mode all the way!
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,537 ★★★★★

Alternative ways to snag progression titles??!! Now, call me old-fashioned, but I ain't vibing with the idea of buying your way to the top.

Progression should be earned, not handed out like free tacos on Taco Tuesday! So, let's stick to the tried and true method - Story mode all the way!

Highest you can go thru this route is to thronebreaker, that’s certainly not the top
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,139 ★★★★

I really wish they'd stop putting important stuff at the end of the victory track. Make it points based instead. As someone newly Valiant, with a still Paragon roster, I'm finding it nearly impossible to finish the VC, and I've spent thousands of Marks trying to get there, but hit a wall in the first level of Vibranium.

Making it points based would still draw people to the mode (which I assume is the intention), but also allow people to still actually have a chance, if Matchmaking doesn't work in their favor.

Completely agree. That's the only one that for many people will be rng matchmaking based. You could be unlucky and just never get there
  • Options
    DoubledashDoubledash Posts: 70
    So I’m trying to work out the Omega days, if I want all milestones taking out everything from milestones, then I still need to cough up around 40k units? Please tell me my math is very off