Improvements to the Liquid Courage and Double Edge Masteries

2»

Comments

• PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★★
    edited May 1
    Great change, but what about RECOIL?

It still scales with only modified health(regardless of whether the base health is higher or lower than the modified health unlike these two now),
    hence when boosted it will take off more health , wouldn't it?

I'm not trying to be ungrateful, this is a great change that will open up the masteries to a lot more people including me.

But why not apply the same changes to the recoil mastery?
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 798 ★★★
    Trek26 said:

Will war defenders with suicides also lose less health?

Keep reading, this has been addressed numerous times in the thread
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 798 ★★★

Great change, but what about RECOIL?

It still scales with only modified health, hence when boosted it will take off more health wouldn't it?

I'm not trying to be ungrateful, I'm really not, this is a great change that will open up the masteries to a lot more people including me.

But why not apply the same changes to the recoil mastery?

You’re too nice, Kabam absolutely should change that too and this update was years too late. Can we get some compensation for all those years of missing health? ;)

• Trek26Trek26 Member Posts: 243 ★★

Trek26 said:

Will war defenders with suicides also lose less health?

Keep reading, this has been addressed numerous times in the thread
    I'm an mcoc player, do you think I know how to read?
  • Trek26Trek26 Member Posts: 243 ★★

Nice try fed, I'm still not using suicides.

It is like perish song move in pokemon games. Hurting your own champs so they hit hard. This is sadistic 😡

Plays sekiro, poison yourself so you take less poison damage 😅
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 910 ★★★
    finally i can pick up health bonuses in incursions. Always been avoid them
  • dantefaustdantefaust Member Posts: 6
    MCOC Team said:

Foreword

In the May update, we will be making adjustments to the Liquid Courage and Double Edge Masteries when they are applied to an Attacker. Our goal is specifically to alleviate some negative aspects of investing in the Recoil section of Masteries while a Health Boost is applied, like the Saga Champion Boost. These changes will not affect the functionality of the Masteries when they are applied to a Defender.

Liquid Courage

Old functionality:
    Increase the Attack of all Champions by X%, but they suffer a permanent Poison Debuff that drains Y% of modified Health each second.

New functionality:
    Increase the Attack of all Champions by X%, but they suffer a permanent Poison Debuff that drains Y% of the lesser of modified or base Health each second.

Change:
    Poison Debuff damage changed from 0.6% of modified Health to 0.6% of the lesser of modified or base Health

Double Edge

Old functionality:
    Increase the Attack of all Champions by X%, but up to Y% of modified Health is lost by a Bleed Debuff over Z seconds.

New functionality:
    Increase the Attack of all Champions by X%, but up to Y% of the lesser of modified or base Health is lost by a Bleed Debuff over Z seconds.

Change:
    Bleed Debuff damage changed from 10/15/20% of modified Health to 10/15/20% of the lesser of modified or base Health.

Design Philosophy
    We always want the Mastery system to remain one where choice matters. Players should feel like they can customize their loadout to best match their playstyle, their unique roster, and sometimes even a specific fight. The choice of investing points in the Recoil Mastery section or not is one of the most significant ways to customize a loadout, so we especially want to ensure it feels the right level of approachable while still having a cost.

Historically, the Recoil tree has felt less approachable when boosts are applied. This comes down to the fact that the Willpower Mastery’s healing scales on base Health while the self damage of Liquid Courage and Double Edge scales on modified Health–as I increase my Health, my healing stays the same but my damage taken increases. With the addition of the Attack and Health boost applied to Saga Champions, this interaction has become even more prevalent and reduced the value proposition of running the Recoil tree more than we’d like.

We are excited about this new scaling change because it should:
    • Keep the balanced state of unboosted Recoil tree investment
    • Increase the value of boosted Recoil tree investment to a more balanced point
    We hope the new scaling allows for greater Summoner autonomy so that “Do I want to boost?” and “Do I want to use the Recoil tree?” can become two separate questions to consider, rather than boosts being something to avoid while running Recoil Mastery setups.

A note on the Glass Cannon Mastery

This Mastery is a rare source of lowering your modified Health below your base Health, allowing access to actually improve your healing to damage taken ratio–again this is because Willpower healing remains the same. We specifically didn’t want to adjust Liquid Courage and Double Edge to scale only on base Health because it would have significantly increased the damage taken by those Masteries in unboosted scenarios, meaning daily use of the Recoil tree would be meaningfully less appealing. Instead, with this adaptive change, the opportunity to lower your Health to improve your healing ratio is still there, and the ratio’s worsening with boosts is capped back at your base Health value instead of at 110%, 120%, or more of your base Health depending on how much you boosted.
    Just a thought. How about adding Shock and Incinerate in the Recoil tree for those champs immune to such debuffs?
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    Amazing change.. thank you!