Sheeesh spenny event

2»

Comments

• altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,408 ★★★★
    edited May 7

Whole point is balance lads, let's use popcorn analogy; I own an Audi s5 i got it because the RS5 was out of my budget, is the s5 Meh? Hell no! It's amazing but is it as good as the rs5? Nope but I still got a solid value for money... it's not hard to achieve that balance. Right now, the value for money only comes at the tippy top, not at the lower levels and that's not great

I know for years, players have always said “If something was only $1-5, then more people would buy it and Kabam would make more money. Win-win.”

But … Kabam clearly doesn’t hate money (all the increased amounts of piggy banks and battlepass style things highlight that), so if that logic is true, they probably would have done that.

Omega Days is essentially the same structure as the Banquet was - the best rewards are only available at the highest spend level.

Personally, I only spent enough on the Banquet to have 1 of the special 7-stars, but there are certainly a lot more players that spent more, and some that spent less.

Why would Kabam utilize the same model for Omega Days, instead of a less expensive cost model (like you are proposing)? Because it was successful for Banquet in making money and getting players engaged.

If Omega Days flops, then yes I would expect Kabam to change it (if it comes back next year).

Kabam probably has the data on how many FTP players became tempted to spend and have set the Milestones accordingly.

I cynically believe that Kabam has a better grasp on how to structure their deals, than any player on the forum. Some of their offers are out of touch (like how much Kabam values Vision), but by and large they do things based on precedence and expectations.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,896 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

Whole point is balance lads, let's use popcorn analogy; I own an Audi s5 i got it because the RS5 was out of my budget, is the s5 Meh? Hell no! It's amazing but is it as good as the rs5? Nope but I still got a solid value for money... it's not hard to achieve that balance. Right now, the value for money only comes at the tippy top, not at the lower levels and that's not great

I know for years, players have always said “If something was only $1-5, then more people would buy it and Kabam would make more money. Win-win.”

But … Kabam clearly doesn’t hate money (all the increased amounts of piggy banks and battlepass style things highlight that), so if that logic is true, they probably would have done that.

Omega Days is essentially the same structure as the Banquet was - the best rewards are only available at the highest spend level.

Personally, I only spent enough on the Banquet to have 1 of the special 7-stars, but there are certainly a lot more players that spent more, and some that spent less.

Why would Kabam utilize the same model for Omega Days, instead of a less expensive cost model (like you are proposing)? Because it was successful for Banquet in making money and getting players engaged.

If Omega Days flops, then yes I would expect Kabam to change it (if it comes back next year).

Kabam probably has the data on how many FTP players became tempted to spend and have set the Milestones accordingly.

I cynically believe that Kabam has a better grasp on how to structure their deals, than any player on the forum. Some of their offers are out of touch (like how much Kabam values Vision), but by and large they do things based on precedence and expectations.
    Agreed. They’re repeating the structure of last years 7* launch event, which was clearly successful.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★

altavista said:

Agreed. They’re repeating the structure of last years 7* launch event, which was clearly successful.
    Just wish it kept the alliance event part too
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,896 ★★★★★

altavista said:

Just wish it kept the alliance event part too
    That would have been nice.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,065 ★★★★★
    Free 1200 units !!!! What more you want?
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,423 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Free 1200 units !!!! What more you want?

Free 1201 units duh...
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    Great f2p rewards imo!
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Member Posts: 361 ★★★
    edited May 9

No one is forcing you to spend or even participate in the event... I personally am probably going to be just happy with the prizes I get as a free to play player with minimal effort.

Just a boring response bro 😴

Idk about you but I like to participate in events, not clear less than half the milestones and call it a day... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    When half the milestones are giving me resources to beef up my roster without paying units, I'm happy with the free results, period. Don't need to punch any higher than that.
  • WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Member Posts: 484 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

No one is forcing you to spend or even participate in the event... I personally am probably going to be just happy with the prizes I get as a free to play player with minimal effort.

Just a boring response bro 😴

Idk about you but I like to participate in events, not clear less than half the milestones and call it a day... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    Then we hope you are very rich with premium credit cards to back up your insane claims
    I participated... more than I planned to 🤣