Options

Battle ground, victory shields

Can someone tell me if I am misunderstanding how victory shields work. On two separate occasions even after using a victory shield I seem to of lost rank after losing a battleground fight. Just this morning I was bronze rank three. I used a victory, shield and lost the match. I am now bronze ranked two. The same thing happened several weeks ago. At that time I was bronze rank too, and after using victory, shield and a defeat I became bronze rank one. Am I misunderstanding what these are for? Because they ain’t cheap and if they’re not gonna work, **** ‘em

Comments

• Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    Bronze 3 is lower than bronze 2, being a larger number doesn’t make it a higher rank, you still promoted.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 11,056 Guardian
    While, yes, above replies are correct.

The 2 difference screens that show your progress can be confusing.
    One shows what level you are currently advancing thru, the other shows what you had previously achieved.
    (or some such thing, if you are not a frequent player it can be confusing)

That is probably what you are seeing difference in.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,477 ★★★
    edited May 10
    One more tip is...always look if you really picked Victory Shield after the purchase, right in the moment before to get into fight.

Google is not evil
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 564 ★★★
    Never used them unless they are free, and never at a lower level. Bronze? That is really a wasteful use of resources.…
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,385 ★★★★★

I accidentally click on the victory shield and now i cant remove it, i am forced to use it even after closing and re opening the app?? Is this real?

Chat is this real
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,951 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I accidentally click on the victory shield and now i cant remove it, i am forced to use it even after closing and re opening the app?? Is this real?

Chat is this real
    Yes
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,951 ★★★★★

Sadly yes, There's no way to remove a victory track. I learnt it the hard way by misclicking on it few seasons back. It will get consumed upon applying itself, there is no turn back as far as I know.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 564 ★★★

I dont think so…i belive rejecting the fight, and unclicking VS before you search for a fight again would work…but i’m not 100% about this one..,
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,785 ★★★★★
    I've had it locked on until the next match, even after force closing, playing a bunch of friendlies etc.

You could try support but I think you're boned.