Options

Why...

Why is everything always a money grab? This omega event one can barely get part of it let alone get all the rewards without hundreds of dollars wort units to participate. And this wasn't the first one like this.

Comments

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,693 ★★★★★
    With luck and patience, one can do this incursions with my suggested strategy easily.
  • Options
    RoggamRoggam Posts: 66
    And if not - grab as many free titans as you can and move along
  • Options
    Sirius0130Sirius0130 Posts: 110
    I forgot about the mentality most people have. " can't work for it just buy it". It's bs. Any and all rewards should have at least a way to accomplish them without being monetarily based. I did not say it had to be easy just accessible. I don't and never will subscribe to this elitist mentality
  • Options
    GoingBackGoingBack Posts: 111 ★★

I forgot about the mentality most people have. " can't work for it just buy it". It's bs. Any and all rewards should have at least a way to accomplish them without being monetarily based. I did not say it had to be easy just accessible. I don't and never will subscribe to this elitist mentality

I am sorry, but this is the most backwards and asinine comment I have ever seen. Stop virtue signaling and expecting people to cater to your needs. There is nothing elitist about a company that is in business to make money, last I checked, they all were. So much of this game if f2p friendly, but you cannot expect to have an equal opportunity without equal input.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,354 ★★★★
    Some people grind arena day in and day out.. they have a sizeable unit pool to achieve all the rewards if they decide to.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,273 ★★★★

Not sure what reality you live in but in real life this is a thing. Money can buy 99% of thing in real life. The rich can do things the average or poor person have no chance of doing. Do spenders have a huge advantage in terms of roster size, yes and they should. Can rich people afford more than 1 house, luxury cars, multiple vacations, yatchs and expensive jewellery that the average person can't buy, yes again. Can the average people buy a Rolls royce, yes but at what scarfice.

Kabam as a company needs to make money otherwise they are not going out of business and there's no game to play. If they don't cater to the spenders, how are they going to pay their bills. Events like this will keep the lights on so the rest of the low spenders and FTP players can keep playing this game add free. Besides having a better roster there isn't much of a difference. We all can access all the same game modes. It's not like there is a game mode that FTP can't access. Welcome to the real world.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,355 ★★★★★
    Why not...
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,465 ★★★★

If you're complaining about a 7* availability via cash offer not available to non- spenders, that's valid. However, paying to speed up acquiring game currency in lieu of spending hours of grinding is no different than paying for ad-free content, cutting on line (preferred boarding) options on flights, and any number of real life examples.

If you're mad you don't have the disposable income to fritter away on this entertainment, or mad that others are willing to and that Kabam rewards them, it is what it is. If you were told Kabam needs to clear $30 million a month to cover operating costs for all their portfolio, and everything not named MCOC accounts for 1/3 of that, what would you do?
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,067 ★★★★
    Heck you should be happy there’s a good event for whales to spend on that doesn’t instantly break the game economy
  • Options
    I think this event was very good and fair to non spenders as well
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,355 ★★★★★

I think this event was very good and fair to non spenders as well

That's my alt paragon.
    0 spending, came out with + 300 units in the end.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,422 ★★★★
    edited May 13

Why is everything always a money grab? This omega event one can barely get part of it let alone get all the rewards without hundreds of dollars wort units to participate. And this wasn't the first one like this.

This game is entertainment. We all in one way or another, pay for entertainment. Nothing is truly free. There's always a cost.

You want ESPN/Sports Center/NFL? You pay for it.
    You want Disney/Netflix/HBO? You pay for it.
    You want to attend a sporting event, concert, movie theater, etc....you pay for it.

People even pay for board games.

Why would you expect this to be different?

You can't get mad because some of us have the income to spend, and others don't. Do I think some things are over-priced? Absolutely. But there are others who don't and will happily purchase them. There's a space for everyone in this game. You don't have to participate in everything. If this event isn't for you, then it isn't for you. Sit it out.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,422 ★★★★

Not sure what reality you live in but in real life this is a thing. Money can buy 99% of thing in real life. The rich can do things the average or poor person have no chance of doing. Do spenders have a huge advantage in terms of roster size, yes and they should. Can rich people afford more than 1 house, luxury cars, multiple vacations, yatchs and expensive jewellery that the average person can't buy, yes again. Can the average people buy a Rolls royce, yes but at what scarfice.

Kabam as a company needs to make money otherwise they are not going out of business and there's no game to play. If they don't cater to the spenders, how are they going to pay their bills. Events like this will keep the lights on so the rest of the low spenders and FTP players can keep playing this game add free. Besides having a better roster there isn't much of a difference. We all can access all the same game modes. It's not like there is a game mode that FTP can't access. Welcome to the real world.
    💯 reality check....cashed.