Options

What was Kabams’s intended game plan for facing Bullseye?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,746 ★★★★★

If he doesn't get nerfed then the balance program is a sham.

Why would they nerf him? We literally just got Sinister and Negasonic... This is like if Peni got nerfed after Galan and Hulkling were added, makes no sense.
    You can beat Penni with anyone once you understand her mechanics -> remove shield, go to town.

Bullseye has a bag of "fun". Bleed when you dex, crits into your blocks, counter attack rubbish that persists for a time even after he threw an SP1.
    You shouldn't have to hard counter a defender, a large chunk of attackers should be able to work around the defence mechanisms with clever play.

He's just the peak of a rapidly escalating difficult defender design since Maestro that has been sucking the fun out of AW.
    Yeah so easy, I'd like to see you beat Peni like that in BGs in under a minute lmao can guarantee you you're gonna time out (or pretty close) if you don't have someone who can ignore the power burn damage.

I disagree, we need defenders like Bullseye to prevent the same op attackers from nuking and dominating the game forever. If they didn't change the meta of the game, the game would die very fast.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,227 ★★★★
    edited May 13
    Yes Bullseye is annoying but we will eventually get lot of counters remember when Peni came out All I had was Red Magneto and even he wasn't perfect despite her being metal. Same with Bullseye Now that Sinister got buffed and many people have him. He will be ranked up to balance out Bullseye. I do think his damage on attack needs some minor tweak upwards.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,402 ★★★★★

Why would they nerf him? We literally just got Sinister and Negasonic... This is like if Peni got nerfed after Galan and Hulkling were added, makes no sense.
    You can beat Penni with anyone once you understand her mechanics -> remove shield, go to town.

Bullseye has a bag of "fun". Bleed when you dex, crits into your blocks, counter attack rubbish that persists for a time even after he threw an SP1.
    You shouldn't have to hard counter a defender, a large chunk of attackers should be able to work around the defence mechanisms with clever play.

He's just the peak of a rapidly escalating difficult defender design since Maestro that has been sucking the fun out of AW.
    Yeah so easy, I'd like to see you beat Peni like that in BGs in under a minute lmao can guarantee you you're gonna time out (or pretty close) if you don't have someone who can ignore the power burn damage.

I disagree, we need defenders like Bullseye to prevent the same op attackers from nuking and dominating the game forever. If they didn't change the meta of the game, the game would die very fast.
    BG ain't the only mode. Never had a problem with Penni in AW, and never bothered to use Hulking or Galan.
    Bullseye and a handful of other new defenders are turning Tier 4/5 AW into a revive fest. You can die 100+ times and still win wars. Its a joke.
  • Options

BG ain't the only mode. Never had a problem with Penni in AW, and never bothered to use Hulking or Galan.
    Bullseye and a handful of other new defenders are turning Tier 4/5 AW into a revive fest. You can die 100+ times and still win wars. Its a joke.
    Nobody has a problem with any defender in war. The reason people have been struggling is because of magic thief and these broken metas which have nothing to do with the attackers or defenders, different topic.
    I can guarantee you very few people in tier 4/5 are dying to Photon or Onslaught on boss node nowadays. What's making defenders like Bullseye absolutely ridiculous is the meta (in this case, magic thief) not his abilities.
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,402 ★★★★★

Nobody has a problem with any defender in war. The reason people have been struggling is because of magic thief and these broken metas which have nothing to do with the attackers or defenders, different topic.
    I can guarantee you very few people in tier 4/5 are dying to Photon or Onslaught on boss node nowadays. What's making defenders like Bullseye absolutely ridiculous is the meta (in this case, magic thief) not his abilities.
    Are you playing tier 4/5 war? I can tell you 100+ deaths per side is the norm because thats what I'm experiencing.
  • Options

Are you playing tier 4/5 war? I can tell you 100+ deaths per side is the norm because thats what I'm experiencing.
    I never said people aren't dying 100 times read my comment again. I said the deaths are mostly due to the AW tactic not Bullseye as a defender.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 342 ★★★

Actually any champ with true sense or true strike will work. Nick after 5 charges, Moleman right out of the box, Emma in her telephathic mode, Professor x after 25 charges, Elsa with her cold snap, Iceman cold snap, Storm Pyramid X once she applies cold snap, or any champ that applies slow. So there are plenty of champs that will melt him. When he first came out I would ban him all the time in BG but now that I know he has lots of counter, I look forward to facing him. Again without a counter most defenders are hard to deal with but there is plenty of counters to Bulleyes.

Reminder that slow (and decelerate) doesn't work since he is immune to ability accuracy modification. Spot on with everything else. There's also the relic into a special trick that can use up the evade timer so you can end a fight with an sp2 or keep the flow of the fight going.
  • Options
    IlociaM97IlociaM97 Posts: 162
    Bait special 1 and wait for the evade to expire he is not hard at all after you know what you are doing
  • Options
    AcidBurn404AcidBurn404 Posts: 331 ★★
    Immortal abom works super well against him.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,973 ★★★★★

Tf? How?
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,582 ★★★★

Tf? How?
    It’s probably the weaknesses lowering attack by a lot which may include the bleeds
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

Tf? How?
    It’s probably the weaknesses lowering attack by a lot which may include the bleeds
    Nah he just says immortal abom works for everything without even thinking about it lol when WoW Nebula came out, he said immortal abom was great for that fight when he had literally nothing in his kit to deal with the shocks or the autoblock 💀
  • Options
    HarryatomixHarryatomix Posts: 110
    While this is going on, someone please tell me how to counter serpent. He is more scarier than bullseye and has less counters than him.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,973 ★★★★★

While this is going on, someone please tell me how to counter serpent. He is more scarier than bullseye and has less counters than him.

@Harryatomix

Here's a breakdown on serpent

- He have a ability called inexorable, which prevents him from going back if you hit him with basic attack (imagine like he is rooted while you attack). You can handle it with practic or throw a special attack to remove this.
    - He gains annoying effects like pierce, to keep this in check, knock him down in wall.
    - His specials give him a true focus buff, while this buff is active, you cannot dex his special. Remove this buff via nullify stagger or hit him with your special attack to remove this.
    - He gains power gain buffs time to time, nullify or stagger this.
    - When duped, he gets death immunity buff when heals based on his charges (He get th upto 16). Keep his charges in check throughoit the fight, by knocking him down with a special while he is back against the wall. This death immunity buff cannot he removed.

Basically you need to target two things. Keep him in the corner and knock him constantly with specials. You cannot dex his specials unless you nullify his true focus. So champs who have stagger effects (doom, juggs) or champs who can block specials and don't lose a chunk of health (abs man, kush) are really good against him.
  • Options
    Heruzu369 said:

The only 3 counters are sinister, Negasonic(who is a p2p champ as of rn for like 3-5 months until they come out regularly), and Warlock.

Well this isn't true at all
  • Options
    Heruzu369 said:

And ONCE AGAIN, im talking about his WHOLE kit. This guy SUCKS on offense, bad. Expeditiously. He needs to fixed. He literally needs to be buffed offensively

Neither is this
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,332 ★★★★★
    I stopped at the part about Kabam not playing their game.
  • Options
    JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 852 ★★★
    I always use Emma. Heavy to s2, build 10 prowess, throw s2, let him throw s1, repeat. Normally just takes an s2 and s1.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,788 ★★★★★
    edited May 14
    Die alot, spend for the optimum counter when released or wait for the featured and die some more, or don't pull the featured and die even more.

I don't think new defensive champs should be easy to kill on day one but that's just me. Counters emerge, tactics are developed and eventually we will all wonder what the fuss was about.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 486 ★★★★
    Again, reduce the chip damage, that’s all we need
  • Options
    gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 613 ★★★★
    I consistently wreck him with hulkling. Just saying.
  • Options
    Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 363 ★★★
    The plan was to sell us Negasonic and it worked like a charm
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,149 ★★★★★

I consistently wreck him with hulkling. Just saying.

Because Bullseye has a small health pool and so any reliable nuke champ can shred him before the chip damage gets out of hand