**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

I used to really like side quests…

Comments

• Options
    avs7733avs7733 Posts: 52
    edited May 18
    There’s definitely been some confusing side quests before but I thought this was as easy as they come. If you hate fighting Knull I could see it being more of a problem, but the paths themselves are straightforward. Just preview real quick to see what nodes on your path and then jump in and clear in a couple minutes.

Maybe they could have gotten rid of the keys so people could just go in as much as they want, but they want to spread the rewards out over the month and not all at once, makes sense since the store refreshes once a week.
  • Options
    TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Posts: 146

Yes the side quest doesn't make sense. If they want us to kill Symbiote supreme before anti venom, why they put SS on the rightmost side node 4 instead of anti venom. The quest is reall confusing.

I appreciate your response @captain_rogers. You’re always respectful and you clearly understand the point of what I’m saying, even though the design likely didn’t trip you up.

You don’t tell me essentially my opinion is wrong but you’re here to show me the “truth” in a most condescending manner. Some could really learn from you.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,908 ★★★★★

Yes the side quest doesn't make sense. If they want us to kill Symbiote supreme before anti venom, why they put SS on the rightmost side node 4 instead of anti venom. The quest is reall confusing.

Because it makes people pay attention instead of mindlessly clicking buttons.

Clearly it worked if a bunch or people got confused by it.
    Still doesn't make sense. As chuck said, We need not to read and pay attention for every small thing in game. I love old days when side quest were just, "get a entry ticket, finish the quest, repeat" .
    Sure it makes sense. Objective: beat whoever with whatever team.

Player: preview the map to see who your best team is to bring, see what path the boss is on that you need to beat.

It's no different than previewing the map in story or anywhere else to see who you're gonna bring for a path and boss.

It didn't require much thinking.

Bring mystics and mutants (literally for every objective and boss for thar matter) beat x boss with them, get your rewards.

It is that simple.

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,182 ★★★★★

I appreciate your response @captain_rogers. You’re always respectful and you clearly understand the point of what I’m saying, even though the design likely didn’t trip you up.

You don’t tell me essentially my opinion is wrong but you’re here to show me the “truth” in a most condescending manner. Some could really learn from you.
    Lol I'm flattered. Well Kabam could have made the side quests Easier and straightforward, just by altering the positions of Anti Venom and Symbiote supreme, but for some reason they didn't. But still I don't agree with Knull being hard. He is perfectly balanced fight. Hard SQ fight is something like the kindred we had in past month.

• Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,255 ★★★★★
    BeastDad said:

Nobody complains when the level of effort matches the level of rewards.

We are long removed from those days.

You can get 3 million gold, a bunch of T4A and T6B, a decent chunk of 7* shards, and a good chunk of 6* shards for doing 4 simple fights every week. There isn’t much effort and the rewards are good enough for how easy it is
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,274 ★★★★★
    Love the casu gamers post over the weekend. Yes casu. As it seems reading is too hard.
    Man if you don't want to read or accept change in a 10 years old game just stick to arena.
    We might need a Jax article about "you're bad at side quests and that's okay".
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,415 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

It takes 2 seconds to read what champs you have to bring. The Knull fight is incredibly easy and the fact that people are complaining over such an easy fight is baffling. Bait sp2 and fight him like a normal Knull lmao. Any mystic nukes him

People complaining about fights are just rants disguised as complaints.
    Fights are annoying, big whoop, clear it and move along. It's not the EOP abs who will heal back to full.
  • Options
    edited May 18
    Wozzle007 said:

If the quest is designed with paths in a logical order of 1,2,3,4 but the rewards require you to go 1,2,4,3 that really feels like a design flaw irrespective of whether the information is there to read. Quests shouldn’t be made to trip people up. I made the mistake of tackling the it in the right quest order but wrong reward order. If you didn’t make the mistake, then that’s great for you, but I still don’t think anyone can argue it’s designed well.

C'mon man, you are incompetent and definitely lack "ReAdiNg sKiLLs"
    You cant ReAd just accept it.
    I don't know how to read. Nobody taught me how to read. On top of that I can't write either.

Im going to buy a new clock which will go 4 o'clock first and go back to 3 o'clock.
    I kid you not, this is the new trend, yall need to keep up with the instructions.
  • Options

I don’t even think the problem is that it’s particularly overly complicated, because it’s really not. It’s mildly complex, but it still doesn’t need to be. I currently have to wait until week 4 to finish the objectives which is fine idc, I didn’t read much so I missed that info. Perfectly fair.

What I fail to understand is, why? Why is there any form of complexity in sq at all? I just see no potential upside to it, nothing beneficial is accomplished by making sq more complex. Unless kabam likes the flurry of support tickets every month lol. If sq was a main hyped up game mode then maybe I’d understand it, but it’s as the name suggests, a side quest. I just don’t see why they’re current sq system is any better than a simple extra quest to do for rewards.

Don’t misunderstand this post as me complaining about complex things because I’m not. Complexity in this game with is what makes it so much fun, with over 250 champs and all kinda of effects and nodes on top of that. This is just me genuinely trying to see the logic behind making sq a puzzle in an already hyper-complex game.

This guy gets it. The issue isn’t with any of the fights. Knull is not a difficult fight if you have a counter. The issue was with how the rewards are issued in a sequence different from the path order. Why?

@SirGamesBond put it well in his reply too. Didn’t even need to be a condescending ass about it like some.

• Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 897 ★★★★★

I don’t even think the problem is that it’s particularly overly complicated, because it’s really not. It’s mildly complex, but it still doesn’t need to be. I currently have to wait until week 4 to finish the objectives which is fine idc, I didn’t read much so I missed that info. Perfectly fair.

What I fail to understand is, why? Why is there any form of complexity in sq at all? I just see no potential upside to it, nothing beneficial is accomplished by making sq more complex. Unless kabam likes the flurry of support tickets every month lol. If sq was a main hyped up game mode then maybe I’d understand it, but it’s as the name suggests, a side quest. I just don’t see why they’re current sq system is any better than a simple extra quest to do for rewards.

Don’t misunderstand this post as me complaining about complex things because I’m not. Complexity in this game with is what makes it so much fun, with over 250 champs and all kinda of effects and nodes on top of that. This is just me genuinely trying to see the logic behind making sq a puzzle in an already hyper-complex game.

This guy gets it. The issue isn’t with any of the fights. Knull is not a difficult fight if you have a counter. The issue was with how the rewards are issued in a sequence different from the path order. Why?

@SirGamesBond put it well in his reply too. Didn’t even need to be a condescending ass about it like some.

The issue isn’t the fights - except it is when you lock paths behind keys. For instance - in the middle of a path where you gain an energize but suffer a massive heath loss if you go over a certain percentage of power (and even more fun when running mystic dispersion) - time it wrong, and poof you lost. Welp, you don’t have any keys to go try it again, so now you are reviving instead of using energy to correct a mistake on a side quest. Same with Knull… he throws an SP1 unexpectedly, or you get clipped, it’s revive time.. because entries are locked. Why? I mean paragauntlet is infinitely more forgiving than side quest? Seriously? Perfect play is required for SQ but paragauntlet we get to back out and try again.

Just doesn’t make any sense. Match the mode difficulty/complexity to rewards. It’s not hard.

• Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 806 ★★★
    @Chuck_Finley yet people still run red lights and stay sitting at intersections well after the light has turned green.

At some point, be it in your real life or playing the game, you have to put in some effort and no have everything handed to you. I'm sorry that about 15-20 seconds of "work" on the SQ inconvenienced you to the point of frustration and cost you a resource or two. Seems like an odd hill to want to die on. Hopefully it'll be lesson learned for next month.
  • Options
    obsidiman said:

Glad a couple of Kabam apologists at all costs got their morning fix. Happy to help. You guys truly make this a special place

Grow up chief. You messed up. Take some accountability and own up to it. You messed up... not Kabam.
    lol.. whatever bud.
  • Options

The issue isn’t the fights - except it is when you lock paths behind keys. For instance - in the middle of a path where you gain an energize but suffer a massive heath loss if you go over a certain percentage of power (and even more fun when running mystic dispersion) - time it wrong, and poof you lost. Welp, you don’t have any keys to go try it again, so now you are reviving instead of using energy to correct a mistake on a side quest. Same with Knull… he throws an SP1 unexpectedly, or you get clipped, it’s revive time.. because entries are locked. Why? I mean paragauntlet is infinitely more forgiving than side quest? Seriously? Perfect play is required for SQ but paragauntlet we get to back out and try again.

Just doesn’t make any sense. Match the mode difficulty/complexity to rewards. It’s not hard.
    It makes sense for the difficulty it is offering.
    If a player is getting road blocked by a fight, they need to drop down a difficulty.
    That's how all games works, not just mcoc.
  • Options
    obsidiman said:

Glad a couple of Kabam apologists at all costs got their morning fix. Happy to help. You guys truly make this a special place

Grow up chief. You messed up. Take some accountability and own up to it. You messed up... not Kabam.
    Wow there are a bunch of rude know-it-alls in here.
  • Options

If a player is getting road blocked by a fight, they need to drop down a difficulty.
    So if you lose in paragauntlet, you should assume you can’t do it and quit? Cause pretty sure most go back in again for the mistake. And yet, the rewards are substantially more than SQ where you can’t do that because “keys” are super duper awesome.

• Options

So if you lose in paragauntlet, you should assume you can’t do it and quit? Cause pretty sure most go back in again for the mistake. And yet, the rewards are substantially more than SQ where you can’t do that because “keys” are super duper awesome.

Paragautlet is paragauntlet.
    SQ is SQ.
    They decide the terms, not the the community.

Difficulties of SQ have been tuned down from past years.
    Most couldn't survive 2018 trials or some of the ultra hard ones.

A fight is hard or difficult is based on a player.
    In my alt account it took me all three champs to clear knull with all non ideal r4 champs.
    Was it annoying, it was indeed.
    I threw in 15% attack boost too.
    But its not hard enough to complain over.

Some quests are difficult some are hard. That's just the way it has been.
  • Options

Game use to be fun now it's basically school work where reading nodes in a form of a book. Then doing the quest as if it is actually a test to see if we fail or pass. 🙄

I failed twice.
    I did antivenom path twice.
    2 keys gone.
    BigShameOnMe
  • Options
    RockyshockyRockyshocky Posts: 105 ★★
    i gotta defend mysterium a little bit. that stuff gives me loads of iso, 12 million gold, 4k 7* shards, relic rankup mats, and 16 t6b or t3a every month. definitely worth doing a few fights a week.