Sentry- One of Earth's Strongest heroes. One of MCOC's weakest?

1356

Comments

  • DaMunk wrote: »
    adamjakubi wrote: »
    I hear what everybody is saying, but; let me play devils... err kabam’s... advocate; by using the logic that he is stronger than x character in the comics so he should be stronger than x character in the game you make the whole game virtually impossible to play... hear me out.

    Wolvie/Ironman/ultron (anyone with so much as a metal filling) will not beat magneto, Phoenix beats almost everybody in this game without a hassle, hulk only gets stronger the more you hit him, deadpool/ghostrider/etc can’t die... blah blah blah... if you make every character the same level/powers they are in the comics then there is no game. Just a Phoenix, a ghost rider, a magneto and everybody else...

    The character is what he is... enjoy playing him - then play... don’t? Then don’t... making in game champs the same as they are in the comics makes it LITERALLY too dumb to play...

    You won't enjoy playing him because you'll never use him. He has no redeeming value OTHER than he is actually fun to play with. Seriously he moves well but anything he does someone else does better without his weaknesses. What was meant to be his strength is his attack but even at high combo he hits pretty soft. He has no defensive abilities. Why would you every play him unless he's all you had?

    I’m not arguing whether or not he’s good or bad... I’m just pointing out the ridiculousness of comparing him to sentry in the comics... same same but different... people just need to accept it and move on... I don’t sit and **** when my Phoenix gets done by ant man... I just get better at the game...
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 882 ★★★
    Guess I'm keeping my 5* science awakening gems. lol been holding onto one for so long that It doesnt seem like I am ever gonna use it
  • Ryuichi_01Ryuichi_01 Posts: 123
    Well the game never really applied what is stated in the comics lol. (Sometimes maybe)
  • adamjakubiadamjakubi Posts: 42
    edited January 2018
    That’s my point, ryuichi - they can’t... it would be impossible... so people complaining about it makes no sense... otherwise I’ll just wait for a 3* reed Richards to make its way into the game and do a solo clean out of act 5... see what I’m saying?
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,844 ★★★★
    adamjakubi wrote: »
    DaMunk wrote: »
    adamjakubi wrote: »
    I hear what everybody is saying, but; let me play devils... err kabam’s... advocate; by using the logic that he is stronger than x character in the comics so he should be stronger than x character in the game you make the whole game virtually impossible to play... hear me out.

    Wolvie/Ironman/ultron (anyone with so much as a metal filling) will not beat magneto, Phoenix beats almost everybody in this game without a hassle, hulk only gets stronger the more you hit him, deadpool/ghostrider/etc can’t die... blah blah blah... if you make every character the same level/powers they are in the comics then there is no game. Just a Phoenix, a ghost rider, a magneto and everybody else...

    The character is what he is... enjoy playing him - then play... don’t? Then don’t... making in game champs the same as they are in the comics makes it LITERALLY too dumb to play...

    You won't enjoy playing him because you'll never use him. He has no redeeming value OTHER than he is actually fun to play with. Seriously he moves well but anything he does someone else does better without his weaknesses. What was meant to be his strength is his attack but even at high combo he hits pretty soft. He has no defensive abilities. Why would you every play him unless he's all you had?

    I’m not arguing whether or not he’s good or bad... I’m just pointing out the ridiculousness of comparing him to sentry in the comics... same same but different... people just need to accept it and move on... I don’t sit and **** when my Phoenix gets done by ant man... I just get better at the game...

    I get your point and willing to give kabam latitude for champ development. I still wish Phoenix was better as well. Im not a big fan of her damage output but in comparison her damage is better than his. If he was just an average champ there would still be complaints but not to this degree. He is just a really bad champ. We should all be upset when Kabam does a bad job. They want our time and money they need to earn it. They really missed the mark here. I keep thinking he's a rank lower than he actually is..
  • FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    adamjakubi wrote: »
    I’m not arguing whether or not he’s good or bad... I’m just pointing out the ridiculousness of comparing him to sentry in the comics... same same but different... people just need to accept it and move on... I don’t sit and **** when my Phoenix gets done by ant man... I just get better at the game...

    Yes, the game can't, won't, and shouldn't make its champions JUST like the comics. But the comics, and other media, are inspirations for the characters. I mean, Vision does a power drain. Power drain isn't a thing in the comics. The characters don't need to build up a power meter to use a special, they just use them. So every character is ALREADY a deviation meant to create a fun fighting-style game. We ALREADY are assuming that. Pointing out that we "shouldn't want the in-game champions to be as powerful as the comics" is just making yourself antagonistic for no purpose other than to be antagonistic. And your line about you just getting better at the game... Wow... If only we were ALL as humble as you...

    And I'm curious... Going by your advice... Sentry is now added to the game. He's underwhelming (at best). And my solution to discovering this is... To just get better at the game? And that will somehow negate the fact that Sentry is sub-par? I mean... What??? Those two things have nothing to do with each other.

    I have a ****-ton of champions that allow me to do pretty much any aspect of this game, but I still want the new champions that get released to be interesting. I don't want the new champions to be Kamalas and Luke Cages and Karnaks. Do you? Wouldn't you rather they release champions that people get excited about, and try and hope to collect and rank up and stuff?
  • FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    If he was just an average champ there would still be complaints but not to this degree. He is just a really bad champ. We should all be upset when Kabam does a bad job. They want our time and money they need to earn it. They really missed the mark here. I keep thinking he's a rank lower than he actually is..

    This. Simply put, and spot-on.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,661 ★★★★★
    What I'm wondering is where was it implied that he would be the be-all-end-all? All we knew was that he was coming after the announcement. If he was a Skill, would people be as upset, or is it just because people are waiting for a Top Tier Science? We've been playing the game for some time now, the majority of us, anyway. We know that there is a range of Champs that have varying strengths and applications. That's not going to change because it's a new year. It's the way the game is. They won't all be OP, they won't all be ready for the Top Tier. That's how the game works. Void is the one you're going to want out of the two. I knew that as soon as I saw him. I'm not trying to be insensitive, just pointing out that the reaction is a little exaggerated. Alot actually. As much as I empathize with the people who ran out and rolled for him, the argument that Resources are hard to come by doesn't sit with me. To me, that's all the more reason to wait and research before jumping in and going all-out. It's one Champ. Among hundreds. First of another year. We don't need to lose our heads over it. There's no bare minimum standard that a Champ needs to be, that we set for the game.
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 268
    If you don’t like him or his abilities then don’t spend units or shards trying to get the champion, it’s really not that hard to understand. Every champ isn’t going to be great, and it’s champs that seem less than average that make the “god tier” champs so sought after.
  • FPC3 wrote: »
    adamjakubi wrote: »
    I’m not arguing whether or not he’s good or bad... I’m just pointing out the ridiculousness of comparing him to sentry in the comics... same same but different... people just need to accept it and move on... I don’t sit and **** when my Phoenix gets done by ant man... I just get better at the game...

    Yes, the game can't, won't, and shouldn't make its champions JUST like the comics. But the comics, and other media, are inspirations for the characters. I mean, Vision does a power drain. Power drain isn't a thing in the comics. The characters don't need to build up a power meter to use a special, they just use them. So every character is ALREADY a deviation meant to create a fun fighting-style game. We ALREADY are assuming that. Pointing out that we "shouldn't want the in-game champions to be as powerful as the comics" is just making yourself antagonistic for no purpose other than to be antagonistic. And your line about you just getting better at the game... Wow... If only we were ALL as humble as you...

    And I'm curious... Going by your advice... Sentry is now added to the game. He's underwhelming (at best). And my solution to discovering this is... To just get better at the game? And that will somehow negate the fact that Sentry is sub-par? I mean... What??? Those two things have nothing to do with each other.

    I have a ****-ton of champions that allow me to do pretty much any aspect of this game, but I still want the new champions that get released to be interesting. I don't want the new champions to be Kamalas and Luke Cages and Karnaks. Do you? Wouldn't you rather they release champions that people get excited about, and try and hope to collect and rank up and stuff?

    The only ‘par’ he is sub is your own.. lol... you’ve created an idea in your own head of what he should be like... he isn’t... move on; that’s my point...
  • DaMunk wrote: »
    adamjakubi wrote: »
    DaMunk wrote: »
    adamjakubi wrote: »
    I hear what everybody is saying, but; let me play devils... err kabam’s... advocate; by using the logic that he is stronger than x character in the comics so he should be stronger than x character in the game you make the whole game virtually impossible to play... hear me out.

    Wolvie/Ironman/ultron (anyone with so much as a metal filling) will not beat magneto, Phoenix beats almost everybody in this game without a hassle, hulk only gets stronger the more you hit him, deadpool/ghostrider/etc can’t die... blah blah blah... if you make every character the same level/powers they are in the comics then there is no game. Just a Phoenix, a ghost rider, a magneto and everybody else...

    The character is what he is... enjoy playing him - then play... don’t? Then don’t... making in game champs the same as they are in the comics makes it LITERALLY too dumb to play...

    You won't enjoy playing him because you'll never use him. He has no redeeming value OTHER than he is actually fun to play with. Seriously he moves well but anything he does someone else does better without his weaknesses. What was meant to be his strength is his attack but even at high combo he hits pretty soft. He has no defensive abilities. Why would you every play him unless he's all you had?

    I’m not arguing whether or not he’s good or bad... I’m just pointing out the ridiculousness of comparing him to sentry in the comics... same same but different... people just need to accept it and move on... I don’t sit and **** when my Phoenix gets done by ant man... I just get better at the game...

    I get your point and willing to give kabam latitude for champ development. I still wish Phoenix was better as well. Im not a big fan of her damage output but in comparison her damage is better than his. If he was just an average champ there would still be complaints but not to this degree. He is just a really bad champ. We should all be upset when Kabam does a bad job. They want our time and money they need to earn it. They really missed the mark here. I keep thinking he's a rank lower than he actually is..

    Sure - he’s a bad champ... we’ve all established this and I’m not arguing... I’m just pointing out the uselessness of most people’s arguments and suggesting we accept it and move on... It’s done.. he’s made... either get him and use him or don’t... there are PLENTY of other champs to use...
  • Also, not sure how my humility has come into question... doesn’t everyone try get better at the game - isn’t that the point? Or do you hope that the characters will do all the work for you? I’ll take arrogant over lazy and incompetent any day...

  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 613 ★★★
    Sorry to be that guy, but there's a problem with buffing him now. A bunch of us who were saving for a potential shot at Sentry have seen how awful he is and have spent the shards on basics instead. If Sentry is suddenly propelled to god tier now, a whole bunch of people will be very unhappy about it.

    I can't personally understand why people get the featured champ the very second it's released, take it to rank 4, and then complain that it's awful. There are so many people buying the featured GMCs that there's usually a Winter Soldier takedown up within a few hours of the champ going live.

    I have a science awakening gem, I wanted him to be good, but he's another Carnage. It happens. We're going to get some duds, he's one of them. They can't all be winners. Admittedly, the science class needs some love, but we've still got Void and Gulk to come.
  • FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    There's a big difference between a champion who "isn't great" and a champion who is "just bad". Example: Black Bolt. He is NOT a great champion. But you know what, he isn't bad. A nice little stun, poison immune, some decent synergies. You won't take him to LoL, probably. But he's OK. I'd be fine if what Sentry brought to the table made him "ok" and not "great". But he's just BAD... He's just BARELY keeping out of the "Garbage" category. You know, the horrible pit of despair where dwell the Kamalas, the Luke Cages, the Colossuses.

    Yeah, I think a lot of it is that Science, as a class, is not in a very good place right now. Comparing all of it's champs, it's easily the weakest. 2017 saw only 1 addition to it's roster in MODOK. So yeah, I think people were hoping that Sentry and Void would be some sort of higher-end addition to help bolster the class. Void may still prove to be that, but man... Sentry is just NOT that at all...
  • FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    edited January 2018
    adamjakubi wrote: »
    The only ‘par’ he is sub is your own.. lol... you’ve created an idea in your own head of what he should be like... he isn’t... move on; that’s my point...

    I'd quite literally NEVER heard of Sentry until I read his name on Trucos last month, so no preconceived idea of him in my head whatsoever. I would just rather that Kabam make better champions, in general. I hate that there's a Garbage category. I fully concur that not every champ should be a "God Tier" and SOMEONE has to be at the bottom of the totem pole. But wouldn't it be nice if the bottom was still decent, and not just utter ****?
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,197 ★★★
    This all started with phoenix then carnage and now sentry
    Rubbish
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 847 ★★
    he's an easy fight :D
  • You said sentry was sub par... par, by its definition, is a tangible and definable number... I’m curious to know what ‘par’ your using to measure these champs? Have kabam given you some insights into it? Because whether or not you knew ‘x’ champ before their release in the game is irrelevant; you’ve got an expectation that champs meet a certain ‘level’. The fact that people are hurt by this shows how entitled some people really are.

    Slam these forums for real issues - bugs, scammers, hackers, bots, HELPFUL suggestions... clogging it with ‘you didn’t make this champ as good as I wanted you too’ isn’t helpful for anyone... some of my all time favourite characters are rubbish in this game - so what?! The fun is in being able to ‘be’ Spider-Man for a few minutes... enjoy it for what it is...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,661 ★★★★★
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    This all started with phoenix then carnage and now sentry
    Rubbish

    I won't agree with Phoenix. She's capable of some decent Damage. You have to get her between 5-10 Fury, 10 ideally. Stack some Incinerate, and then finish off with an L3. She's better than she gets credit for. Carnage has low Damage, I'll agree, but I understand why they were cautious with him. He's complex. If they left him too OP, he would have been a game breaker. I have yet to try Sentry.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,197 ★★★
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    This all started with phoenix then carnage and now sentry
    Rubbish

    I won't agree with Phoenix. She's capable of some decent Damage. You have to get her between 5-10 Fury, 10 ideally. Stack some Incinerate, and then finish off with an L3. She's better than she gets credit for. Carnage has low Damage, I'll agree, but I understand why they were cautious with him. He's complex. If they left him too OP, he would have been a game breaker. I have yet to try Sentry.
    I know how to use her bro
    But she's the phoenix I mean dude come on is she really that powerful in the game ?
  • FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    edited January 2018
    adamjakubi wrote: »
    You said sentry was sub par... par, by its definition, is a tangible and definable number... I’m curious to know what ‘par’ your using to measure these champs? Have kabam given you some insights into it? Because whether or not you knew ‘x’ champ before their release in the game is irrelevant; you’ve got an expectation that champs meet a certain ‘level’. The fact that people are hurt by this shows how entitled some people really are.

    Slam these forums for real issues - bugs, scammers, hackers, bots, HELPFUL suggestions... clogging it with ‘you didn’t make this champ as good as I wanted you too’ isn’t helpful for anyone... some of my all time favourite characters are rubbish in this game - so what?! The fun is in being able to ‘be’ Spider-Man for a few minutes... enjoy it for what it is...

    Holy semantics, Batman! OK, forget "sub-par". His damage output compared to other champions at comparable levels of power, is lower. Is it OK if I say "lower"? Can I say "below average", or do I need to come up with a mathematical chart listing all champions varying attack damage values, in order for you to be OK with me saying that?

    Slam the forums for bugs, scammers, and hackers, huh? So, unless it's one of those things, everyone should just go away? Yeah, good luck with that my friend... I didn't start the thread, I chimed in. And so did you. And it wasn't even a thread about scamming or hacking. GASP!!!

    **Edit** Yeah, I'm moving on from this. Because I just don't care enough. So, if you reply, I won't see it. Peace.
  • Hahahaha. So many intitled butt hurt people... disappointment is the difference between expectation and reality - stop ‘expecting’ things to meet your deluded idea of what a ‘champ’ should look like or how they should measure up... and use whatever word you want - it’s still the same... he’s not broken - your idea of what he should look like is...

    And you’ll read it... because deep down that same thing that makes you angry he isn’t god tier makes you angry whenever anyone disagrees with you. It’s all good though - you’ll find plenty of things to be disappointed with in life if you keep up that attitude 😂😂
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,354 ★★★
    *Entitled* is how its spelled....lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,661 ★★★★★
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    Jh_Dez wrote: »
    This all started with phoenix then carnage and now sentry
    Rubbish

    I won't agree with Phoenix. She's capable of some decent Damage. You have to get her between 5-10 Fury, 10 ideally. Stack some Incinerate, and then finish off with an L3. She's better than she gets credit for. Carnage has low Damage, I'll agree, but I understand why they were cautious with him. He's complex. If they left him too OP, he would have been a game breaker. I have yet to try Sentry.
    I know how to use her bro
    But she's the phoenix I mean dude come on is she really that powerful in the game ?

    That's the thing. The game is full of Superheroes and Villains. Theoretically they're all supposed to be powerful in their own ways. The problem is that doesn't always translate when you're fitting them into the framework of a game that has to be balanced within itself.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,570 ★★★★
    Thor is a god, look how terrible he is.

    Hulkbuster is designed to take out the Hulk, THE HULK! Look how shocking he is.

    Iron man could create anything for his suits, anything!!! He had a little regen... that's it... shocking!

    Loads of champs should be good, but just don't live upto what they should, meanwhile champs no one has heard of come and join the contest with the best powers going.

    Anyway, Sentry might end up being buffed, just gotta wait and see. A big nerf/buff adjustment will surely be coming soon anyway.
  • Gimpy43Gimpy43 Posts: 13
    First off we’re letting this person who just wants to rial people up that are already frustrated break down a constructive chat about a champ that needs to be revisited by Kabam so just ignore their post and they’ll go to some other chat room to get a rise out of someone else. There was a very constructive conversation at the beginning about what needed to be looked at by kabam.

    Second, there is no reason for kabam to release bad champions anymore. I will give credit where it’s due and I can honestly say they haven’t released a “useless” champ in a very very long time. Some are better than others but even champs that aren’t considered god tier like a nebula or a quake have uses within the marvel contest universe. With the new nodes and increasing difficulty it is becoming more and more crucial to have the “right tool for the job (aka the right champion for the node)”. With that in mind I’ve warched as much gameplay as I can since he’s been out and unless I’m missing a synergy that will completely 180 this character, or there’s a bug with him I don’t see any useful situation for this champion that would make me exited to bring him along with me to a quest.

    Early testing in RoL shows that I’d rather take certain 4/40 4 stars in than a 4/55 5 star which is a crying shame so he has no end game usefulness, and his stacks only build every 40 hits which will rarely activate in wars or aq and a lot of questing and his regen isn’t significant enough for him to be a lane pushing quester. For a very long time kabam has done a good job of giving even the mediocre champions a use in certain situations and making all characters relevant within the contest but it seems like they missed the mark on this one.

    Maybe the void/sentry synergy when void is released will change sentry significantly (which might make sense for them to be dependant on each other in that respect because how closely tied the two champions are in the comic universe), but devoid (lol... get it??) something of that nature being introduced I see him being a major flop on his own, and the first major flop in a long time.
  • Gimpy43Gimpy43 Posts: 13
    First off we’re letting this person who just wants to rial people up that are already frustrated break down a constructive chat about a champ that needs to be revisited by Kabam so just ignore their post and they’ll go to some other chat room to get a rise out of someone else. There was a very constructive conversation at the beginning about what needed to be looked at by kabam.

    Second, there is no reason for kabam to release bad champions anymore. I will give credit where it’s due and I can honestly say they haven’t released a “useless” champ in a very very long time. Some are better than others but even champs that aren’t considered god tier like a nebula or a quake have uses within the marvel universe. With the new nodes and increasing difficulty it is becoming more and more crucial to have the “right tool for the job (aka the right champion for the node)”. With that in mind I’ve warched as much gameplay as I can since he’s been out and unless I’m missing a synergy that will completely 180 this character, or there’s a bug with him I don’t see any useful situation for this champion that would make me exited to bring him along with me to a quest.

    Early testing in RoL shows that I’d rather take certain 4/40 4 stars in than a 4/55 5 star which is a crying shame so he has no end game usefulness, his stacks only build every 40 hits which will rarely activate in wars or aq and a lot of questing and his regen isn’t significant enough for him to be a lane pushing quester. For a very long time kabam has done a good job of giving even the mediocre champions a use in certain situations and making all characters relevant within the contest but it seems like they missed the mark on this one.

    Maybe a void/sentry synergy when void is released will change sentry significantly (which might make sense for them to be dependant on each other in that respect because how closely tied the two champions are in the comic universe) but devoid
  • Campo4Campo4 Posts: 118
    Domino151 wrote: »
    Yep. Spent 45000 reds to get him. Suppose to be similar to SL...higher combo, higher damage...I notice so raise in damage at all. He’s complete **** at this point

    There was a champion spotlight yesterday and it was clear in the text that that isn’t how he works. Over a month ago there were YouTube videos where people over simplified and said that’s how he worked.
Sign In or Register to comment.