Is it legit?

Ioniqus_797Ioniqus_797 Member Posts: 124
So, just lost a bg fight with my defender duped r4 ascended onslaught to 7*r1 odin... Odin even had more than 80% hp after... Seems suspicious to me... Is odin that good?

Comments

• SamanunSamanun Member Posts: 701 ★★★
    Onslaught is just an overrated defender.
  • Ioniqus_797Ioniqus_797 Member Posts: 124
    Oh ok... Who is best to counter him? Still, odin crushed onslaught seems unlikely to me... That's why I was wondering...
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 491 ★★★
    edited May 19
    PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

Good thing that you will have a perfect opportunity to back up your statment in upcoming SoS onslaught 😉
    Pair a champ up with horseshit nodes and have braindead objectives along - you have a broken defender. Look at people complaining about the Iron Fist boss. You are not proving a point here. Onslaught by himself is a decent defender, but once you understand his mechanics, he's not a difficult champ to face given you aren't up against fuckall nodes. Of course, there's unavoidable damage but that alone doesn't say how good a defender is, especially considering you can get around it, so not unavoidable after all. SoS Onslaught is not gonna be a testament to his popularity as a defender.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,321 ★★★★★
    007Bishop said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

Good thing that you will have a perfect opportunity to back up your statment in upcoming SoS onslaught 😉
    Pair a champ up with horseshit nodes and have braindead objectives along - you have a broken defender. Look at people complaining about the Iron Fist boss. You are not proving a point here. Onslaught by himself is a decent defender, but once you understand his mechanics, he's not a difficult champ to face given you aren't up against fuckall nodes. Of course, there's unavoidable damage but that alone doesn't say how good a defender is, especially considering you can get around it, so not unavoidable after all. SoS Onslaught is not gonna be a testament to his popularity as a defender.
    Name 5 defenders who are tough to fight than Onslaught? I'll quit the game
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 491 ★★★
    edited May 19
    Emilia90 said:

007Bishop said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

This applies to practically any defender. Photon gets steamrolled by like 10 different champs, but she’s still one of the best defenders. Doesn’t mean that Onslaught isn’t one of the most popular defenders rn
    My argument wasn't how many counters a champ has. It was about how a decent defender gets jacked up by complicated nodes and SoS isn't really a good measure of how strong a defender is. Sure, photon and onslaught are definitely some of the better defenders in the game, but y'all act like they are absolutely unbeatable. All it takes is a bit of skill and patience. Onslaught is a good defender, I don't doubt that, but the way the community overhypes him because they can't be bothered to learn how to fight him is hilarious. Adding to what GamesBond said, its not just about the counters nor is it about the defender - it's the players skill and patience, or the lack of.

Look at captain rogers above me completely missing my point. Not even gonna bother responding to his completely off topic response. He can continue playing the game lmao
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    If the player knows what they're doing then that's absolutely possible to do.

Bait heavy, heavy counter. Beautiful heavy, heavy counter. Try not to get clipped by his sp1.
    Sp2, win the game.
    With the odd basic attack thrown in of course. 💪
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    As a 7R3 Odin owner, and a ascended 6R5 Onslought owner, this is prob legit.

Heavy > SP1 > SP2 > game over ☠️

I have used Odin so many times vs Onslought myself in BG, because my Onslought cheat code Havok always gets banned. If you can keep him to sp1 and dex it, and are good a intercept, you can finish the fight fast with 90-95% health left.

Oh ok... Who is best to counter him? Still, odin crushed onslaught seems unlikely to me... That's why I was wondering...

Samanun said:

Back at it again with the bad takes now that the bars are gone? 💀
    How is it a bad take do you not know what overrated means? I never said he was a bad defender i just said he’s overrated, meaning people think he’s better than he actually is, explain to me exactly how it is a bad take.
    PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

Good thing that you will have a perfect opportunity to back up your statement in upcoming SoS onslaught 😉
    Don't need to i can back it up right now onslaught is easy now, did you really think i and other people were just going to lounge around and not learn how to fight him
    i’ve had this guy mastered for a while now, this is an old fight btw 😉
    https://streamable.com/zl51zr
  • Ioniqus_797Ioniqus_797 Member Posts: 124
    Hmm.. after reading the comments in here, I need to learn how onslaught mechanics work and how to dext his sp1... I do have 7* odin as well, so I should practice some more... Tried with many different champs, but haven't manage to counter onslaught properly yet.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,510 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

Too soon. 😆
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,393 ★★★★★
    On paper Onslaughts specials are easy to dex, but when you actually go and do it, you find your champ often blocks instead of dexes some of the beams. Not sure if its the dropped dex input or if the game is registering the dex as a block
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,420 ★★★★★
    edited May 19
    Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

Good thing that you will have a perfect opportunity to back up your statement in upcoming SoS onslaught 😉
    Don't need to i can back it up right now onslaught is easy now, did you really think i and other people were just going to lounge around and not learn how to fight him
    Did you really just try to flex a 71 second fight and say he's easy? Not only did you prove why he's a good defender but you also proved Sorcerer Supreme is trash indeed, good job 😂
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,435 Guardian
    Polygon said:

On paper Onslaughts specials are easy to dex, but when you actually go and do it, you find your champ often blocks instead of dexes some of the beams. Not sure if its the dropped dex input or if the game is registering the dex as a block

Happens when you dex from the left side of the screen. You get a 1 frame block input first before the dex attempts.

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

Did you really just try to flex a 71 second fight and say he's easy? Not only did you prove why he's a good defender but you also proved Sorcerer Supreme is trash indeed, good job 😂
    See this is funny cause you are as predictable as ever i knew you’d comment exactly this it’s amazing how everything i say seems to take off on a rocket ship and go way above your head the point of the post was to show that i’d had already mastered onslaught how exactly does me 💩 on him prove that he’s a good defender he died and i took no damage and of course it’s going to be a slow fight she’s rank 1 unawakened there are plenty of champs that can do onslaught in 20-50 seconds, somehow finishing onslaught at a full yellow bar makes sorcerer trash? Why are we regressing back to 2020 when everyone thought damage was everything also i never made an argument about sorcerers damage it’s always been utility you just continue to make yourself look slow bravo 👏😆
    Samanun said:

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

See this is funny cause you are as predictable as ever i knew you’d comment exactly this it’s amazing how everything i say seems to take off on a rocket ship and go way above your head the point of the post was to show that i’d had already mastered onslaught how exactly does me 💩 on him prove that he’s a good defender he died and i took no damage and of course it’s going to be a slow fight she’s rank 1 unawakened there are plenty of champs that can do onslaught in 20-50 seconds, somehow finishing onslaught at a full yellow bar makes sorcerer trash? Why are we regressing back to 2020 when everyone thought damage was everything also i never made an argument about sorcerers damage it’s always been utility you just continue to make yourself look slow bravo 👏😆
    How does you "💩 on him" in 71 secs prove he's a good defender? Hmmm let's see, maybe the fact that you lost that round because you were too slow:

Such an easy defender yet you lost the round lmao

Oh no the full yellow bar isn't what makes her trash, it's the 71 second fight that makes her trash. 71 secs for a 7* is embarrassing, that's unawakened Sam Wilson level of bad.

How exactly do I look slow? Look at your agree to disagree ratio:

Even if they paid people to agree with whatever you said you'd probably still get ratioed.
  • victor158victor158 Member Posts: 106

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

way to ignore the whole point of the video. to me onslaught and you mentioned photon, her too is at the same level of korg as defenders... if you dont know how to fight them theyre very difficult and you'll take a bunch of damage, but the moment you understand how to fight them they become so much easier.. sure its definitely easy to screw up and the consequences are big against these types of champs but to call him broken is just saying that YOU dont know how to fight him. i think the SOS fight will force people to learn how to fight the dude and his value on defense will drop even more because of it
    victor158 said:

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

way to ignore the whole point of the video. to me onslaught and you mentioned photon, her too is at the same level of korg as defenders... if you dont know how to fight them theyre very difficult and you'll take a bunch of damage, but the moment you understand how to fight them they become so much easier.. sure its definitely easy to screw up and the consequences are big against these types of champs but to call him broken is just saying that YOU dont know how to fight him. i think the SOS fight will force people to learn how to fight the dude and his value on defense will drop even more because of it
    Show me where exactly I said he's a "broken defender", cause I just read all my comments and my words were "good defender". You got dyslexia too or just trying to be edgy? Lol
    I was simply pointing out the irony in him saying he's an "overrated defender" when he posted a clip of himself losing a round due to time. Are you implying time stalling defenders have no value in BGs? Cause I see Celestial players running Sasquatch all the time.

Samanun said:

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

How does you "💩 on him" in 71 secs prove he's a good defender? Hmmm let's see, maybe the fact that you lost that round because you were too slow:

Oh no the full yellow bar isn't what makes her trash, it's the 71 second fight that makes her trash. 71 secs for a 7* is embarrassing, that's unawakened Sam Wilson level of bad.

Even if they paid people to agree with whatever you said you'd probably still get ratioed.
    She’s unawakened, do you need me to say it again? She’s unawakened, and a r1, how does me being slow prove that he's a good defender? I could've done that fight in 30 seconds full yellow bar with hulkling…? Of course sorcerer is going to be slow here because if didn’t say it enough already she's unawakened… and a r1 if the matchup had been hulking vs onslaught and they were fighting fant with cgr, does that make hulking trash? You’re literally not making any sense and you do realize that there are a lot of champs that you would consider good that would do onslaught in 70 seconds you’re just hating for no reason, you sound slow because you’re ignoring all the points im making and then you start yapping about god knows what.
  • victor158victor158 Member Posts: 106

victor158 said:

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

Show me where exactly I said he's a "broken defender", cause I just read all my comments and my words were "good defender". You got dyslexia too or just trying to be edgy? Lol
    I was simply pointing out the irony in him saying he's an "overrated defender" when he posted a clip of himself losing a round due to time. Are you implying time stalling defenders have no value in BGs? Cause I see Celestial players running Sasquatch all the time.
    my bad youre right you didnt call him op, but are you really tryna argue that the sorc fight was bad when it was a rank 1 sorc whose not known in any way for speed v a 6r5a.... and the opponent had bishop v kp which is as much of a hard counter as could possibly exist. youre missing the whole point of the video... the fact that a champ with nothing to counter onslaughts kit can finish a fight with a full yelllow bar. the only reason people find him difficult is cause hes new.. sure he can waste time and thats definitely a part of a good defender but it not everything.. are nick and thing hard defenders or just take ages to get through(theyre both count to 15 practice). Hes overrated in the sense that the general player base(maybe not you) considers him a really hard defender and thats just from a lack of practice and time with the character not the actual kit.
    victor158 said:

victor158 said:

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

my bad youre right you didnt call him op, but are you really tryna argue that the sorc fight was bad when it was a rank 1 sorc whose not known in any way for speed v a 6r5a.... and the opponent had bishop v kp which is as much of a hard counter as could possibly exist. youre missing the whole point of the video... the fact that a champ with nothing to counter onslaughts kit can finish a fight with a full yelllow bar. the only reason people find him difficult is cause hes new.. sure he can waste time and thats definitely a part of a good defender but it not everything.. are nick and thing hard defenders or just take ages to get through(theyre both count to 15 practice). Hes overrated in the sense that the general player base(maybe not you) considers him a really hard defender and thats just from a lack of practice and time with the character not the actual kit.
    I didn't say the fight was bad, you're the one once again missing the whole point. I said he still lost which means Onslaught is a good defender because even if you know how to counter him he can stall a lot if he starts going crazy with the sp1s that are already pretty long. Sure Sorcerer's damage is already bad but you can't deny Onslaught does have a lot of stalling potential if he starts spamming sp1 like crazy.
    As for the "bad" part, that was aimed at Sorcerer Supreme cause she is a bad champ for the most part, and that's not really up for debate that guy is just delusional in general.

Cool, he isn't that hard for me either anymore and I've said it multiple times in multiple threads, that wasn't my argument here.
    Samanun said:

Samanun said:

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

She’s unawakened, do you need me to say it again? She’s unawakened, and a r1, how does me being slow prove that he's a good defender? I could've done that fight in 30 seconds full yellow bar with hulkling…? Of course sorcerer is going to be slow here because if didn’t say it enough already she's unawakened… and a r1 if the matchup had been hulking vs onslaught and they were fighting fant with cgr, does that make hulking trash? You’re literally not making any sense and you do realize that there are a lot of champs that you would consider good that would do onslaught in 70 seconds you’re just hating for no reason, you sound slow because you’re ignoring all the points im making and then you start yapping about god knows what.
    If the awakened ability changed her that much there would be Celestial players using her, yet nobody is cause she's trash. You're just delusional, always have been, always will be lol.

If it's taking you 70 seconds to kill Onslaught with top champs then you aren't as good at fighting him as you claim you are, clearly.

Nobody in the history of these forums has ever publicly agreed with a single point you made, I think you need to go do some self reflection cause you're just embarrassing yourself even more at this point.

Samanun said:

Samanun said:

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

PT_99 said:

Samanun said:

If the awakened ability changed her that much there would be Celestial players using her, yet nobody is cause she's trash. You're just delusional, always have been, always will be lol.

If it's taking you 70 seconds to kill Onslaught with top champs then you aren't as good at fighting him as you claim you are, clearly.

Nobody in the history of these forums has ever publicly agreed with a single point you made, I think you need to go do some self reflection cause you're just embarrassing yourself even more at this point.
    Yeah my bad bruh i guess a lot of people have high sig sorcerers sitting around, and this is what i mean by yapping i never argued that she was some game changing attacker my only argument is that she’s a good champ and has a lot of utility, i never said she's the best bg’s mystic i never said she was essential to a deck i never said she was a top champion, i still don’t understand why you keep saying i said things i never said and keep arguing things that i never argued, if this is a troll this is the most successful troll in history because i fully 100% am now convinced that you just aren’t that smart…