**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Is the team fiddling with input locations on screen?

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,696 ★★★★★
Simple question, and there’s nothing in the patch notes to suggest an answer—but I’m noticing ever so slight input shifts on the left side of the screen.

Specifically, I’m referencing inputs that occur around the striker button. Striker failure has been an issue for a long time, but since the update I’ve increasingly noticed blocks/parries just above and left of the striker button registering as light taps or not registering at all.

Is work being done on input issues (e.g., striker inputs) that might affect the “input zones” on screen? I ask, because I’ve not really had this type of issue recur until very recently.

Perhaps I’m the only one experiencing this. However, I’m fairly confident I haven’t forgotten how to manipulate basic controls.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    Dose_ResponsiveDose_Responsive Posts: 103
    I've noticed too, striker especially.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,473 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Disagree gang haven't arrived yet?
    I'm getting worried.

What's there to disagree about
  • Options
    ThomildoThomildo Posts: 471 ★★★
    SandeepS said:

I've noticed strikers being activated when not expecting it too

Same!
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,415 ★★★★★
    I just don't prefer the striker button placement from the start.
    People have different size of hands, fingers and devices.
    It's perfect for some and It's a gdam tragedy for likes me who needs to put extra concentration on the relic button. Whether I'm trying not to activate it while stuck baiting special or saving it for a specific rotation.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 836 ★★★
    edited May 20
    I've been readjusting the way I play to avoid this. It's frequent enough to be a problem but infrequent enough to predict. I think it'd be better to make the champion icon (upper left) the button for strikers they could even add the sticker circle photo with your champ image (or make the whole photo the striker image)
  • Options
    Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 675 ★★★
    I have no input issues tho and strikers activate when I want them to. What device are you using to play? I use an s10+
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,908 ★★★★★
    I brought up an issue like this when 8.4 came out.

I kept accidentally activating my striker all through it and swore that they had maybe moved something slightly.
    But other than 8.4 I haven't experienced it.
  • Options
    felanomafelanoma Posts: 31
    After pach my striker go into block alot, never before.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,259 ★★★★★
    I feel even the special button shifted a bit
  • Options

It certainly seems that way to me—perhaps it is device specific, or perhaps it is unique to a class or range of devices. But I find myself having to rein in my inputs significantly to avoid random champion movement.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    gforcefangforcefan Posts: 387 ★★★
    SandeepS said:

I've noticed strikers being activated when not expecting it too

I was afraid I was just going crazy...
  • Options
    Bigfoot33Bigfoot33 Posts: 161 ★★
    Yes, over the past 2 or 3 days
  • Options
    DrZola said:

It certainly seems that way to me—perhaps it is device specific, or perhaps it is unique to a class or range of devices. But I find myself having to rein in my inputs significantly to avoid random champion movement.

Dr. Zola
    From what I remember you are on Iphone, I'm on S23... So its not device...
    I dunno lots of weird things going on..
    Shaders are trash too. Some champs look like made out of Play-Doh
  • Options

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    Correct. I was willing to chalk it up to new device and some tweaks I did you my internet. But I no longer think that is the case.

I understand things can be “under construction”—I’d just like to get some acknowledgment and warning when they are (if they are).

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    Correct. I was willing to chalk it up to new device and some tweaks I did you my internet. But I no longer think that is the case.

I understand things can be “under construction”—I’d just like to get some acknowledgment and warning when they are (if they are).

Dr. Zola
    Honestly it could be product of what happened with S8 and other older iOS devices that couldn't log in in the past.
    I will probably get a lot of hate with what I am about to say; but maybe its time to increase the minimum requirements and keep improving the game.
    Inputs grids, graphics, other aspects feel extremely "downgraded". Its no longer the cool graphic game that caught my interest.
  • Options

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    Honestly it could be product of what happened with S8 and other older iOS devices that couldn't log in in the past.
    I will probably get a lot of hate with what I am about to say; but maybe its time to increase the minimum requirements and keep improving the game.
    Inputs grids, graphics, other aspects feel extremely "downgraded". Its no longer the cool graphic game that caught my interest.
    To your point, it would be great to see a required/optimal setup specs page somewhere. If keeping older devices on the game isn’t necessary, maybe that would improve the product.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    To your point, it would be great to see a required/optimal setup specs page somewhere. If keeping older devices on the game isn’t necessary, maybe that would improve the product.

Dr. Zola
    For Android

Android 8.0 came out in 2017...
    The problem with S8 that came up a few months ago... We are talking about 7-8 year old devices.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,719 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Simple question, and there’s nothing in the patch notes to suggest an answer—but I’m noticing ever so slight input shifts on the left side of the screen.

Specifically, I’m referencing inputs that occur around the striker button. Striker failure has been an issue for a long time, but since the update I’ve increasingly noticed blocks/parries just above and left of the striker button registering as light taps or not registering at all.

Is work being done on input issues (e.g., striker inputs) that might affect the “input zones” on screen? I ask, because I’ve not really had this type of issue recur until very recently.

Perhaps I’m the only one experiencing this. However, I’m fairly confident I haven’t forgotten how to manipulate basic controls.

Dr. Zola

And when the striker button finally works, the AI immediately blocks it. By design, Strikers are combo extenders (in addition to their utility) for our benefit, yet that gets blocked
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 261 ★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

And when the striker button finally works, the AI immediately blocks it. By design, Strikers are combo extenders (in addition to their utility) for our benefit, yet that gets blocked
    Yeah I've had some funky striker blocks as well
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 546 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

Disagree gang haven't arrived yet?
    I'm getting worried.

I got a good laugh out of this because it’s so true!
  • Options

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Raising this again. More occurrences lately. I don’t expect any admission that anything is being adjusted, but I can attest that with this update I’ve much more often (a) had striker buttons fail completely, (b) had strikers activate when I was trying to do something else, (c) had strikers activate on time but get blocked and (d) had normal inputs just above and around the striker button behave differently than before (e.g., blocks register as light taps and vice versa).

It will, of course, likely be written off as “just my device” or “just my connection” or worse—“just my imagination.” Or something like “the thingamajig on the phone’s whatchmacallit is leaking something somewhere” even though I’m on a fully charged, brand new, current device model with ultra high speed internet and the router in plain sight at maximum connection.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,951 ★★★★★
    After update, especially in BG, AI just knows that the striker is coming after a combo so it hard blocks or dex backs like maniacs
    STOP !!
  • Options
    Again…any block anywhere near the general vicinity of the striker button isn’t registering correctly.

Since no reply, I’m going to take Jax at his word (if we say we are working on it we are) and assume that, yes, the team is working on the striker button issues and, yes, that the team’s work is affecting the ability to correctly access inputs in that area of the screen.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,526 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Again…any block anywhere near the general vicinity of the striker button isn’t registering correctly.

Since no reply, I’m going to take Jax at his word (if we say we are working on it we are) and assume that, yes, the team is working on the striker button issues and, yes, that the team’s work is affecting the ability to correctly access inputs in that area of the screen.

Dr. Zola

I've had quite a few issues this month. Not only with striker and special buttons, but also generally with dex and block. Seems to be a bit of a mess.