**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sentry- One of Earth's Strongest heroes. One of MCOC's weakest?

Comments

• Don’t rock the boat hubris... if you point out flaws in their logic they think you’re just a troll... 🤣🤣... Can’t show a different perspective to people who think they ‘deserve’ something... I mean gosh - they play the game so it should be entirely up to them how it looks... not the creators 😂😂😂
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    Who cares about his strength in the comics compared to the game. He needs to be stronger so he can actually keep up with some of the contents of the game.
  • ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    What I'm wondering is where was it implied that he would be the be-all-end-all? All we knew was that he was coming after the announcement. If he was a Skill, would people be as upset, or is it just because people are waiting for a Top Tier Science? We've been playing the game for some time now, the majority of us, anyway. We know that there is a range of Champs that have varying strengths and applications. That's not going to change because it's a new year. It's the way the game is. They won't all be OP, they won't all be ready for the Top Tier. That's how the game works. Void is the one you're going to want out of the two. I knew that as soon as I saw him. I'm not trying to be insensitive, just pointing out that the reaction is a little exaggerated. Alot actually. As much as I empathize with the people who ran out and rolled for him, the argument that Resources are hard to come by doesn't sit with me. To me, that's all the more reason to wait and research before jumping in and going all-out. It's one Champ. Among hundreds. First of another year. We don't need to lose our heads over it. There's no bare minimum standard that a Champ needs to be, that we set for the game.

Do you even know who sentry is and what he's capable of? Lol

There's a reason for this outrage, you can't blame people for going for him, not everyone goes to youtube to check his abilities and stuff.

All of us who knew sentry, expected some op ****, "power of a millions suns". He's a luke cage with regeneration....

It's sad that someone like blade is stronger than him.
  • godsquad891godsquad891 Posts: 779 ★★
    edited January 2018
    so we've had carbage are we going with sedentry now??? hahaha
  • Gimpy43Gimpy43 Posts: 13
    On top of everything too they took away 2/3 of the unique synergies that were really starting to add another layer of uniqueness to the champions and make someone like blade even more devastating and replaced them with boring base synergies like the old champs had.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Do I know? No. Haven't used him. Already said that. What I said is you have to do your homework before you pour Resources that significant into a Champ. Buying a Featured 4* Crystal or two for a lucky shot is one thing. If you're dropping that many 5* Shards on a Featured that you know nothing about, what you get is what you get. As for my other comment, that still stands. They're not all going to be OP, and that doesn't mean we have to grab pitchforks and run to the Forum whenever a Champ is released that doesn't meet our own standards, especially when they've been out a day, and people have limited experience with them.
  • I knew who he was... couldn’t care less if he’s not as OP as the comics... coz it’s still a fun game ffs!!!!!! Why do so many forget what this actually is??
  • Carnage 2: Electric Boogaloo.

I suppose someone had to take the mantle of worst character, shame it's one of my favorites. Still glad I pulled him, but that's partly because I'm waiting for him to get buffed. Science has so few/no god tier champs, was hoping Sentry would change that.
    Do I know? No. Haven't used him. Already said that. What I said is you have to do your homework before you pour Resources that significant into a Champ. Buying a Featured 4* Crystal or two for a lucky shot is one thing. If you're dropping that many 5* Shards on a Featured that you know nothing about, what you get is what you get. As for my other comment, that still stands. They're not all going to be OP, and that doesn't mean we have to grab pitchforks and run to the Forum whenever a Champ is released that doesn't meet our own standards, especially when they've been out a day, and people have limited experience with them.

Not talking in game, comic wise, the dude is a literal god. Should be like a hyperion on crack with insane regeneration.

No, you do not have to do your homework, there are a bunch of comic book fans, not all wanna watch some youtube vid or read his abilities on the forums, they see their favorite character that they remember reading about. They remember him being the strongest hero in marvel almost.

Yet...they have no right to Complain when they get sentry, only to realize that luke cage would be better to use?

And trust me, people who picked him up have shown all the experience that's possible and can Confirm that he's a waste. They started this year with a cable/carnage situation, hyped and then quickly shut down because kabam doesn't make sense.
  • I've just done another test with sentry and within 280 hits he changed state only once entering absolute force. What the heck, I also had Quake + Hawkeye synergy with me.
    ForumGuy wrote: »

Not talking in game, comic wise, the dude is a literal god. Should be like a hyperion on crack with insane regeneration.

No, you do not have to do your homework, there are a bunch of comic book fans, not all wanna watch some youtube vid or read his abilities on the forums, they see their favorite character that they remember reading about. They remember him being the strongest hero in marvel almost.

Yet...they have no right to Complain when they get sentry, only to realize that luke cage would be better to use?

And trust me, people who picked him up have shown all the experience that's possible and can Confirm that he's a waste. They started this year with a cable/carnage situation, hyped and then quickly shut down because kabam doesn't make sense.

It's a game full of Gods. Lol. They use Comics in part, but they also have to fit new Champs into the framework of the game, and they also have many other Champs to consider. There's a great deal of creative freedom with that as well, of course. One could read a Comic and think that any character is powerful, based on their opinion. In a game filled with characters like that, they can't all be. I'm sorry, but I disagree that people shouldn't have to do research. It has nothing to do with Comics. If you're considering investing that many Shards or that much money into a Champ, you are better off finding out how they perform first. Otherwise it's Buyer Beware.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Bottom line is that champs either need to hit hard or they need utility seems as though sentry does neither
  • TwuntTwunt Posts: 149
    They made him overly complicated with no payoff. The fact you have to spend specials to rotate and wait for a chance at something while building up RW counters is like Luke bypassing the barrage of enemy ships to fire one shot at the heart of the Death Star. But the problem is that if you make it there and fire the shot, there is a 30% chance your Weapon fires...

If we are doing all this work, shouldn’t the buffs at each state trigger 100%? These short fights aren’t getting 5 RWs, and the sig ability is terrible. 70% health lets you keep your RWs...that’s just telling you to be near perfect against Dormammu or spend potions to get back to the threshold.

So many disadvantages with this champ. He really isn’t worth the paper he was sketched on. Seriously Kabam. In all seriousness, this champ has some major utilization flaws, effort flaws, base stat flaws. Please make some changes to the percentages and damage. I know that part is easy to do.

It's a game full of Gods. Lol. They use Comics in part, but they also have to fit new Champs into the framework of the game, and they also have many other Champs to consider. There's a great deal of creative freedom with that as well, of course. One could read a Comic and think that any character is powerful, based on their opinion. In a game filled with characters like that, they can't all be. I'm sorry, but I disagree that people shouldn't have to do research. It has nothing to do with Comics. If you're considering investing that many Shards or that much money into a Champ, you are better off finding out how they perform first. Otherwise it's Buyer Beware.

But either way, sentry needs to be buffed. Even kabam hype him up to be insane, yet he doesn't do jack.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    Most people play this game because they read marvel comics and love to use their favourite characters
    So when people say this is game, framework blah blah we do understand
    But the characters should at least reflect a little bit of the comic versions
    Black widow bypasses enemy ability- this is understandable cuz she's a spy,strategist etc
    Captain America perfectly potrays his comic counterpart,his shield is made of vibranium so good blocks
    Hulk- insane damage after getting beat up
    These examples are cases where kabam has reflected comic book counter parts in the game albeit more toned down

But when a hero like sentry is getting added comic folks get enticed and really happy
    But when he turns out to be way too weak then something is definitely wrong
    A serial killer like carnage also deserves a good ability set
    His bleed should rival that of drax or gwenpool he should be getting fury like a boss since well he's wild and insane I like as kabam tried to give him a more strategic or complex form of gameplay and not the straightforward kind but they failed at that.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Sentury is basically like spinning two roulette wheels. One is the 30% to trigger the boost and one is your power bar. You need both to line up to do any damage. Sounds freaking miserable.
  • TwuntTwunt Posts: 149
    Sentury is basically like spinning two roulette wheels. One is the 30% to trigger the boost and one is your power bar. You need both to line up to do any damage. Sounds freaking miserable.

I have him. It is miserable.
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    Kabam nerfs.... Everything in patch 12.0 in the name of balance.... I can see why they launch sentry for balancing... game further....
  • MrblackkkMrblackkk Posts: 53
    My she-hulk can smack up sentry.
  • Mattikus42Mattikus42 Posts: 33
    #buffsentry

But either way, sentry needs to be buffed. Even kabam hype him up to be insane, yet he doesn't do jack.

They hype up every Champ, whether they make the cut for what the Players call Top Tier, or not. It's called Marketing. More than that, they create a storyline. They do it for every Champ. What do you expect? "Introducing Sentry! A member of the original Contest, he sucks!".
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    #buffsentry

He doesn't need to be super God tier, just decent to pretty good level, not totally garbage. Angela and The Hood level possible? At least Taskmaster... Oh man, even Taskmaster is better.. Sentry is just a joke currently.
  • ForumGuy wrote: »

At the same time science is a class full of trash. That's why people had lots of expectation fom him, we all wanted a Labyrinth clearer from this class and instead we got another luke cage, maybe even worse since he doesn't even have any immunities. The only good thing he has is prestige but this means ranking a champ that you will probably never use.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Man. I feel so bad I used stones and T4C on him. I wish Kabam would respond to paying customers on this issue and buff him more. Why can't they respond?
  • Anonymous2354Anonymous2354 Posts: 44
    @Kabam Miike with the amount of feedback you guys have gotten I think it would be safe to go to the devs. It should not take a r4 champion over 400-600 hits to down ROL ws. This not the "long fight" material stated in the spot light thread. There have been pictures of a 400 hit ROL ws fight where Sentry only procced a states benefit twice. There's no need to a massive buff but please consider taking into consideration changing him slightly. Such as increasing the chances to proc a states benefit from 30% to 50%. Nothing that will break the game and make him ridiculously powerful just a buff that will match his intention to be good at long fights. I implore you and the other mods to look at the community feed back and take some sort of action accordingly. If you do read this thank you for taking the time and please as I have repeated one billion times in this post take it into consideration!
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Number of hits isn't the problem.. Because you didn't start the ws fight with 5 warps. The problem is the number of times the benefit proc.. Twice in 400 hits is ridiculous. 40 times he changed states and proc twice? Ouch. Honestly I thought 30% feels like 5% to me but @Anonymous2354 just said it is actually true!! Lol. Plus, even when proc, the damage still does not impress... He needs any buff he can get but he needs more than a tweak or two.. Increase chance to proc, increase base attack a little, increase bonus damage a little.. He needs these to be decent, just decent, not God tier
  • While you’re at it Kabam can you give my archangel some regen? Maybe even an incerate nullify? Also add in a secret 4th special that takes off 100% enemy health?

Then when you’ve done that I have some laundry that needs doing and a lawn that could use some mowing?

Lol.