**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Censorship

HomestuckHomestuck Posts: 7
edited May 22 in General Discussion
Does kabam ever/even look at the censorship problem? I Mean I know not a Lotta people are just gonna see THIS, but in general it's getting freaking stupid, how bad could it just be if I said kabam themselves infringes on a first amendment basis? Sure there are a few words themselves that can stay put but the wording otherwise needs to be let go, I've about had it with gaming in general with kabam and it's making me not to want to play as much
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    HomestuckHomestuck Posts: 7
    I've also gotten shadow banned once saying the word "free" something kabam themselves hate sooooo much :)
  • Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,887 Guardian
    what?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,376 ★★★★★
    You're off about your definition of the First Amendment, but it doesn't apply either way. This is a privately-owned company, and by using their product and these Forums, you agree to adhere to their rules. We can't just release any vitriol we want and cite the First Amendment.
  • Options
    SkyfawSkyfaw Posts: 194 ★★
    This isn’t a call of duty lobby. If it’s being censored probably doesn’t need to be said.
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 839 ★★★

• Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,630 ★★★★★
    Homestuck said:

Does kabam ever/even look at the censorship problem? I Mean I know not a Lotta people are just gonna see THIS, but in general it's getting freaking stupid, how bad could it just be if I said kabam themselves infringes on a first amendment basis? Sure there are a few words themselves that can stay put but the wording otherwise needs to be let go, I've about had it with gaming in general with kabam and it's making me not to want to play as much

This ain't the government bro, it's a private company so they can censor speech as much as they want to. Don't like it? Play another game
  • Options
    dukedevill4412dukedevill4412 Posts: 181
    Homestuck said:

As a social studies teacher, 1st amendment rights are for AMERICAN citizens. Not that other countries don’t have freedom of speech. But saying a company who produces a product, that you freely play, sets guidelines for how to act while on their product/forums, is not infringing on your freedom of speech. You are free to come and go as you see fit, so if you don’t like the guidelines, don’t come to the forums. If anything it’s teaching you, like most people have forgotten in my opinion, that what you say has consequences. Just like Facebook and even the “freedom of speech avenger” Elon musk still has guidelines for their products. It was said earlier, Kabam is not a government, it is a company. It’s the same thing as most companies have dress codes, but per Tinker v. Des Moines Independent Community School District, how you dress is an extension of your freedom of speech. So is the company you work for in America violating your freedom of speech by telling you to dress a certain way? Also, Kabam is a Canadian country so when speaking about freedom of speech to Canadians, it’s under “fundamental freedoms” in their Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Even still, it probably has different interpretations and limits than American freedom of speech based of the history of Canadian court cases on the topic which is well beyond my scope
This discussion has been closed.