War placement

FlushFlush Member Posts: 117
after getting alliance replace defence because our map was empty and set it auto place, looking now for next war and showing our map empty again even tho set auto before current war started, where on tier 4 is this bug in game, is others alliance's having same issue

Comments

• Sparty6Sparty6 Member Posts: 85
    We had same issue in tier 3
  • 2Crows2Crows Member Posts: 39
    Same thing just happened to us.
  • JaaibothaJaaibotha Member Posts: 144
    Same, Tier 5
  • FlushFlush Member Posts: 117
    so seems automated placement isn't working, back to chasing members to place defence so each war
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    SAME! out of the blue all defense wiped and we were set to auto clear smh
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,294 Guardian
    1. Not sure of this, but it might be that you still need to be on Auto-ENLIST in order for Persistent Defense to be used. (Just in case teams turned OFF the Auto-Enlist for off-season) ??

2. AUTO Defense Placement option still would need for you to have the CURRENT Tier Map all set with everyone's Defenders. It just lets that Current Map defense to be automatically carried over into the UP+/DOWN- Tier Maps if you move up/down for future wars.

So in case you had accidentally CLEARED your BG #’s defense, or had set it for Auto-Clear during Wednesdays war which then cleared the defense prior to Friday's war, then you will not have any “CURRENT” Tier defense. And everyone will have to go back in and place their Defenders again (prior to relying on the Auto-Placement).

Auto-Placement does not automatically pick out defenders from each member's whole roster and put them randomly somewhere on the map. They still have to make sure they have their defense placed (but just in one Current Map, not all 3 like before).

(*not sure if any of this is why some teams may be having issues ??) although if what @Deacon said is accurate, that would be why in their case. They had Auto-Clear turned on they said.
    well for me .. i had everything marked and set. Auto Placement and the BG clear options were all unchecked not selected. defenses were completely full ... next war comes and defense completely wiped .. and new settings changed to BG Clear all selected .
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,294 Guardian
    Deacon said:

well for me .. i had everything marked and set. Auto Placement and the BG clear options were all unchecked not selected. defenses were completely full ... next war comes and defense completely wiped .. and new settings changed to BG Clear all selected .

Oh, when you said you were set to Auto-Clear, thought you meant that was an intended change.

Don’t think the Auto-Clear checkboxes would have turned themselves on without an officer doing it (even if they didn’t know what it is that would happen).

At least this stuff became available after the season was over, but it does seem like they became available on that screen prior to any in-game announcement about it for officers to know in advance.
    (and even prior to announcement in Forums here. I had done initial screenshots from my own alliance, and wrote up a “what I think they are gonna act like” comments to someone's initial thread about them up here, prior to the official one getting posted by Kabam)
    yeah they were definitely auto selected. no one messes with settings for war except me lol. i've gone back to Manual this war though so we'll see if i get sent back to auto and wiped after this war.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,235 ★★★
    edited June 1
    Kept auto placement on but some guys’ defenses have disappeared. Also can not undo enlistment until this is fixed. It’s like war is frozen
  • Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Member Posts: 310 ★★★
    I just saw that all my alli's defense got wiped out as well.

Also it takes like 2 minutes to get into war now. Loading has never been so slow.

This is what I get when I try to unenlist till things are fixed. I literally let it sit earlier for a half hour watching the wheel of death and my entire game was unresponsive. I couldn’t go back or tap any button and have it take me anywhere in the game once I hit save setttings. @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra
    Can we get war pulled? Maps are empty, people can’t place, leads can not take us out of auto placement. Kabam you really put the ultimate bug in this time.
  • FlushFlush Member Posts: 117

1. Not sure of this, but it might be that you still need to be on Auto-ENLIST in order for Persistent Defense to be used. (Just in case teams turned OFF the Auto-Enlist for off-season) ??

2. AUTO Defense Placement option still would need for you to have the CURRENT Tier Map all set with everyone's Defenders. It just lets that Current Map defense to be automatically carried over into the UP+/DOWN- Tier Maps if you move up/down for future wars.

So in case you had accidentally CLEARED your BG #’s defense, or had set it for Auto-Clear during Wednesdays war which then cleared the defense prior to Friday's war, then you will not have any “CURRENT” Tier defense. And everyone will have to go back in and place their Defenders again (prior to relying on the Auto-Placement).

Auto-Placement does not automatically pick out defenders from each member's whole roster and put them randomly somewhere on the map. They still have to make sure they have their defense placed (but just in one Current Map, not all 3 like before).

(*not sure if any of this is why some teams may be having issues ??) although if what @Deacon said is accurate, that would be why in their case. They had Auto-Clear turned on they said.

after war season ended and new settings were live our defence was gone, I had everyone replace defence, set to auto placement all bgs, war started and checked again our map was empty for next war so had chase people again drop defence in, I'm only one does war settings it's bugged and not automatically placing defence
  • zuffyzuffy Member Posts: 2,230 ★★★★★
    When the new settings went live, the challenger map was empty but I still see players in bg. What I end up doing was empty out the bg and told everyone to place again. Maybe that is why I am not having the problem?
    Can we get an acknowledgment at least from a mod. I know it may have to be addressed tomorrow but can we get acknowledgment you all are aware?
  • Cat_MurdockCat_Murdock Member, Content Creators Posts: 1,021 Content Creator
    It’s a known issue and it’s being investigated
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★

It’s a known issue and it’s being investigated

It seems content creators / guardians taking over a bit more comm from Moderators ... can only be positive. At least there is response.