**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

What happened to Auntm.ai

Recently I went to Auntm.ai to check White tiger's prestige but she is not there. I think Auntm.ai stopped updating this 2024?

Comments

• Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,804 ★★★★★

Recently I went to Auntm.ai to check White tiger's prestige but she is not there. I think Auntm.ai stopped updating this 2024?

Yeah I went to look for Iron Heart. She isn't there either.
  • Options
    ShepShep Posts: 150
    The game is 10 years old... The writing is on the wall
  • Options
    HalleyHalley Posts: 394 ★★
    This site is absolutely great! I just wonder why he doesn't put on Youtube, Instagram etc. to earn money, sure that each update, he can get thousand of revenue to maintain the site
  • Options
    Average_DesiAverage_Desi Posts: 197 ★★
    > It costs them money
    >It takes a lot of effort
    > Some changes that happened in the game code now make it more difficult for them to get the data
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,887 ★★★★★

> It costs them money
    > Some changes that happened in the game code now make it more difficult for them to get the data

> they are a multi million dollar company

Let my quote the internet machine:

„Kabam peak revenue was $53.0M in 2023. Kabam has 170 employees, and the revenue per employee ratio is $311,765.“

TLDR: it’s just a matter of prioritizing, they would be able to run it
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 802 ★★★★

> It costs them money

„Kabam peak revenue was $53.0M in 2023. Kabam has 170 employees, and the revenue per employee ratio is $311,765.“

Hi @Fit_Fun9329 ,

I think @AverageDesi was talking about why the Auntm.ai website not updated.

From what I hear from Vega and KT1, what AverageDesi said would be correct.

The website is an amazing help tool for all players and the community, which in turn help MCOC grow, so I do think Kabam could provided the creator of Auntm.ai a little of financial support would be awesome, treat it like a subcontractors or donation (not sure the legal side of that).
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,887 ★★★★★
    Fryday said:

> It costs them money

Hi @Fit_Fun9329 ,

I think @AverageDesi was talking about why the Auntm.ai website not updated.

From what I hear from Vega and KT1, what AverageDesi said would be correct.

The website is an amazing help tool for all players and the community, which in turn help MCOC grow, so I do think Kabam could provided the creator of Auntm.ai a little of financial support would be awesome, treat it like a subcontractors or donation (not sure the legal side of that).
    Hi @Fryday thanks for clarification.

@AverageDesi kindly accept my apologies if you feel attacked. Cheers mate 🍻
  • Options
    GogiGogi Posts: 470 ★★★

At this point kabam should take auntm.ai over and give the creator a fair payment.

For me it does make sense that kabam should run the site officially.

It's not in their interest, that is probably why they went with their champion info site.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,134 ★★★★★
    You know what, why not put some non-intrusive and tolerant ad banner on website? It's not like every corner of screen is used on auntmai website and also attach some donation button which is there after we search for hero.

Because some normal ads is better than whole auntmai getting scrapped
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,438 ★★★★★

> It costs them money

Kabam is owned by Netmarble..... That money, goes to Netmarble.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 822 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

You know what, why not put some non-intrusive and tolerant ad banner on website? It's not like every corner of screen is used on auntmai website and also attach some donation button which is there after we search for hero.

Because some normal ads is better than whole auntmai getting scrapped

Or a means to donate. Although I doubt it's really an issue with income and moreso effort. Maybe Slug could recruit some people to help?
  • Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,885 Guardian
    It takes a lot of effort for the website upkeep. Unfortunately I think Slug doesnt have the time anymore for it. Shame.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,156 ★★★★★
    the main thing i use Auntm for is upgrade projecting. if there was a way in the game or on this website to see what sig stones would do or what a rank up would do to PI .. or what a mastery change would do to PI etc then that'd be great.

i enjoy looking at sig level changes and comparing upgrade stats to see if an upgrade is worth it or see if stones are worth it.

each update the site falls further and further behind and that's unfortunate .. i definitely understand the time factor ... kudos though for doing all that he's done so far.
  • Options
    RebarkRebark Posts: 352 ★★★
    The truth is that everything in auntm.ai should be available on the game's website with a simple interface, in the same way that auntm.ai is.
    This may certainly be the will of some people at Kabam, but we don't know how far Kabam's autonomy goes and who makes the final decisions. The fact is that there is inevitably an external website with this type of information. Every month two new champions are released and it is inevitable that the game will become more complex.
    I'll give a practical example: Champions have synergies. In the game, we can only see the synergies that champions have, not the synergies that other champions have with them. On auntm.ai we could see both.
    Question: Is it easier to put this information on a website or introduce it into a mobile game with thousands of interactions, lines of code and risking several problems that can cause huge headaches?
    The answer is obvious and perhaps most Kabam people agree. But maybe someone responsible for making the decisions doesn't agree or even agrees, but there is a policy, whether from Marvel itself or from another company, regarding this.
    Or suddenly, this could be being developed and we don't even know it.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,559 ★★★★★
    The easiest solution may be for someone with the time to reach out to Slug and ask to help him. That is not me sadly, but I'm sure someone posting (or reading) on here would be up to the task.

One thing is for sure, we can all agree that Aunt Mai is amazing and does enhance the game for all of us. Being able to get information easily is a huge help. That does not really exist in game or on this website. In a perfect world, Kabam would just buy him out, keep the same website and update it themselves. It would be worth it for everyone. Hell, they could even charge a very small fee of like $5 a year just to cover the cost of running it. I am fairly certain that many of us if not all, would pay that to have the ease of access to the information we seek.
  • Options
    KeltanKeltan Posts: 500 ★★

Keltan said:

What I heard is that he ain't getting any sort of financial support from anyone and it's coat him $$ & resources to maintain the site. Plus he's not getting anything in return by doing this.. wonder if there is a way we can contribute something for him in return so he can continue the site.

I donated. To be fair, he wasn't out there begging like you'd expect. Auntm.ai is a much better value for $10+ a month for access than donating to whale youtubers (if it could help stay updated more frequently), IMO.
    Yeah if everyone contribute a bit to help him.. that will be awesome.. beside.. Eve in the community use the site so why don't we do something about it. I mean if everyone donate $5 (buy less daily deal) still better than nothing right right
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,112 ★★★★★
    Kabam should buy it from the creator and make it official
  • Options
    Little_Crocodili29Little_Crocodili29 Posts: 287 ★★★
    edited June 5
    Kaɓam is the luckiest company and they don't know it. From day 1, over six years ago when I started playing this game I already thought this. The playerbase is so passionate that they do a ton of work that should really be done by kabam.

And that might initially be part of the fun for the most creative players, but like someone here said: it wears out. Lots of us at many points over the years have felt like we were working for this game.

All the fan created sites and apps that have been and gone should have been implemented, been a feature of the game or a side part of it. Or the best option: pay these people to motivate them to keep going! The forum is definetely not it.

I still mourn the loss of CHQ app for recruiting 😭
    And alliancewar.com/aw/ for aw organization 😭😭

Tho awdt.insaneskull.com/ has been doing upgrades and doing great work to help us figure out diversity lately (ppl should check him out).

And we still got guiamtc.com and theoldsarge.net thank heavens!

We lost Trucos for the infographics - tho we still got the brilliant and lovely Cat Murdock to help us out.

Auntmai has been our go to for many years and it's a tough loss if we don't have it.

So when I see that someone has time to be playing around with the champions information side bar that had no need to be changed whatsoever and nobody ever has asked to be changed and what's worst: doesn't look good as it used to be...

Yeh I think there are so many more things they could be doing instead. Like fixing bugs for starters.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,034 ★★★★★

Kaɓam is the luckiest company and they don't know it. From day 1, over six years ago when I started playing this game I already thought this. The playerbase is so passionate that they do a ton of work that should really be done by kabam.

And that might initially be part of the fun for the most creative players, but like someone here said: it wears out. Lots of us at many points over the years have felt like we were working for this game.

All the fan created sites and apps that have been and gone should have been implemented, been a feature of the game or a side part of it. Or the best option: pay these people to motivate them to keep going! The forum is definetely not it.

I still mourn the loss of CHQ app for recruiting 😭
    And alliancewar.com/aw/ for aw organization 😭😭

Tho awdt.insaneskull.com/ has been doing upgrades and doing great work to help us figure out diversity lately (ppl should check him out).

And we still got guiamtc.com and theoldsarge.net thank heavens!

We lost Trucos for the infographics - tho we still got the brilliant and lovely Cat Murdock to help us out.

Auntmai has been our go to for many years and it's a tough loss if we don't have it.

So when I see that someone has time to be playing around with the champions information side bar that had no need to be changed whatsoever and nobody ever has asked to be changed and what's worst: doesn't look good as it used to be...

Yeh I think there are so many more things they could be doing instead. Like fixing bugs for starters.

*sigh* again, it's two different teams that fix bugs and work on changes to the ui etc.