**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Beta Ray Bill appreciation!

ArmoredGhostArmoredGhost Posts: 115 ★★
Jax has often said that he doesn't get the hype of BRB. Let's show that our hype is not a farce.

Personally I love so much about BRB. I think he looks awesome and his design as a character is very interesting. Sadly I don't have or haven't read the comics he features in but I know him from the Planet Hulk movie as well as the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (S2E8). His role in planet hulk was so epic, my favorite part was when korg hits him in the face with a mace and he barely flinches. He gave Hulk a good fight as well.

I love his relationship with Thor as well. I always liked characters who were the only one of their race left (and I know technically the other korbinites are alive but from the stories I know of him he is the only one active). It's cool that he was genetically mutated and altered in a science experiment and cybernetically enhanced to become the best protector of his people while also being granted powers from a mystical hammer and being a skilled fighter while he is also from space. So he could be any of the classes in the game. And of course being worthy of mjolnir automatically gives him a lot of points.

Comments

• Options
    Since I am not so knowledgable on his more recent comic exploits maybe someone can fill me in
  • Options
    JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 411 ★★★
    I’ll be honest, I’m not super hype because it’s Beta Ray Bill. But I am hype because of the love the community has for him. I trust that we will be served well and he’ll be a fun champ with good design.

His model also looks beautiful. Very very excited for him!

Jinx
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,665 ★★★

Beta Ray Bill on Marvel Future Fight (from Netmarble too)
  • Options

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,173 ★★★★★
    I actually don't get the hype either, not because it's BRB though. I don't get the hype because last time we had one of these events, the champ (Morbius) ended up being one of the most mid champs ever. I haven't seen a single person who pulled Morbius from the Titan be happy about it and I haven't seend him in a deck since the sugar pill meta lol he is a really cool character though just sucks that they chose him as the next track event champ cause that most likely means he will be mid.
  • Options
    The_0wenpusThe_0wenpus Posts: 179 ★★

I actually don't get the hype either, not because it's BRB though. I don't get the hype because last time we had one of these events, the champ (Morbius) ended up being one of the most mid champs ever. I haven't seen a single person who pulled Morbius from the Titan be happy about it and I haven't seend him in a deck since the sugar pill meta lol he is a really cool character though just sucks that they chose him as the next track event champ cause that most likely means he will be mid.

I for one love morbius - he wrecks in battlegrounds for most metas and can do very very well in fights that prevent or nullify his fervor. Also, his psionic glide is just so fun to use.
  • Options

I for one love morbius - he wrecks in battlegrounds for most metas and can do very very well in fights that prevent or nullify his fervor. Also, his psionic glide is just so fun to use.
    That's your personal opinion which is fair, but objectively speaking he is mid. He gets completely shut down by one of if not the most common immunity in the game and even when he doesn't, you don't see the same huge numbers you see with someone like Mantis. Just not good enough in general, it's fine if you enjoy him but nobody in Diamond and above is really using him unless they have a small roster.
  • Options
    I don’t love Morbius, but he’s not a mid champ. He’s a lot like Rintrah. He scales better at higher ranks. And he’s almost all damage. Mine is r2 and he’s on the bench a lot. But he’s not mid. That’s not fair to what he was built to do.

Jinx
  • Options
    edited June 5
    Jinxesaxe said:

I don’t love Morbius, but he’s not a mid champ. He’s a lot like Rintrah. He scales better at higher ranks. And he’s almost all damage. Mine is r2 and he’s on the bench a lot. But he’s not mid. That’s not fair to what he was built to do.

Jinx

1. Nobody uses Rintrah on attack unless you're stuck in Gold or something, defense sure but Rintrah is usually very slow on attack due to that sp2 being very RNG reliant.
    2. Morbius is mid, ask any Celestial player and they'll agree. He gets shut down by the most common immunity in the game and his sp2 damage is really not as crazy as you think, especially not compared to the actual science powerhouses.
    3. The game isn't all damage, you need utility too. Aside from petrify Morbius has zero utility.
  • Options

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

1. Nobody uses Rintrah on attack unless you're stuck in Gold or something, defense sure but Rintrah is usually very slow on attack due to that sp2 being very RNG reliant.
    2. Morbius is mid, ask any Celestial player and they'll agree. He gets shut down by the most common immunity in the game and his sp2 damage is really not as crazy as you think, especially not compared to the actual science powerhouses.
    3. The game isn't all damage, you need utility too. Aside from petrify Morbius has zero utility.
    Speaking of the devil, someone just pulled him from the Titan

And just like everyone else, they're not happy about it. Definitely a good champ even though nobody is actually celebrating when they pull him from the Titan lmao.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,764 ★★★★★

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

And just like everyone else, they're not happy about it. Definitely a good champ even though nobody is actually celebrating when they pull him from the Titan lmao.
    Slightly contrary opinion. I grabbed the dupe from a Titan, and I was pretty ok with it. A second dupe would have been dejection, but the initial dupe all fine.

Is he Herc? No, but he’s quite useful in certain scenarios and fun to play. His animations are great and the team overall did a terrific job with a champ obtainable specifically by spending money. I’m not sure I’d want any champ that was game breaking to be purchasable in game.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Agree to disagree my friend

Jinx
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

Slightly contrary opinion. I grabbed the dupe from a Titan, and I was pretty ok with it. A second dupe would have been dejection, but the initial dupe all fine.

Is he Herc? No, but he’s quite useful in certain scenarios and fun to play. His animations are great and the team overall did a terrific job with a champ obtainable specifically by spending money. I’m not sure I’d want any champ that was game breaking to be purchasable in game.

Dr. Zola
    A single dupe doesn't really do anything though, he's still not viable for bleed immune. And yes he may be useful on certain scenarios and fun to play but this doesn't change the fact that nobody at high level is using him. There's a reason for that and that's because he's mid compared to other champs, and I don't mean broken ones like Herc I mean the good ones in general that aren't broken.

I agree that no purchasable champ should be broken, they should however be good enough to he relevant. I haven't seen a single Morbius since the sugar pill meta and I play BGs on a daily basis, hit GC ever season. He's not good enough to be relevant.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 3,089 ★★★★

DrZola said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

Dr. Zola
    A single dupe doesn't really do anything though, he's still not viable for bleed immune. And yes he may be useful on certain scenarios and fun to play but this doesn't change the fact that nobody at high level is using him. There's a reason for that and that's because he's mid compared to other champs, and I don't mean broken ones like Herc I mean the good ones in general that aren't broken.

I agree that no purchasable champ should be broken, they should however be good enough to he relevant. I haven't seen a single Morbius since the sugar pill meta and I play BGs on a daily basis, hit GC ever season. He's not good enough to be relevant.
    It’s ironic that Werewolf surpassed Morbius despite Morb being the track champion. I hope Bill is ridiculously good
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    edited June 6
    DrZola said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

Dr. Zola
    A track champ is not just a purchasable champ, it's available to everyone in the normal ways that monthly champs are, crystals, arenas, packs and the titan.

Yes the purchase guarantees a 7* version while the other modes donot but it's not like Sigil Witch who you can only get if you you're p2w.

So no, Morbius isn't average because he's a track champ, he's average because the team decided so.

Besides who you play depends mostly in your personal biases, some people say bullseye is mid on attack but I like the character and hence I use him on attack sometimes.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,866 ★★★★
    Well…I mean technically Morbius was the first (and up until now only) track champ, so by definition he is average. BRB is the 2nd track champ, so he is either going to be an above average track champ or below average. Hopefully above.
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 502 ★★★

DrZola said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

Dr. Zola

Have you played him duped? I duped twice from Titan crystals. I was pleasantly surprised how well he can handle bleed immune. Thought it would be much worse. I do use him in BGs. Make GC each time but don’t climb very far. He is extremely fun to use. One big thing not noted is his ability to get openings with his glide.
  • Options
    Hort4 said:

DrZola said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

Dr. Zola

Have you played him duped? I duped twice from Titan crystals. I was pleasantly surprised how well he can handle bleed immune. Thought it would be much worse. I do use him in BGs. Make GC each time but don’t climb very far. He is extremely fun to use. One big thing not noted is his ability to get openings with his glide.
    I have played him duped, still don't see a reason to use him over Red Guardian, Photon, Torch, Titania, Hulk, Spider Ham, Silk, Spot, Void etc. Nothing he has in his kit makes him unique enough to be worth running in your deck unless you're biased or have no other options.
    Is he good? Yes, but not good enough imo and I know for a fact most players at the top will agree. Highly doubt you'd ever find someone using Morbius in Arcane and above.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,353 ★★★★★

Hort4 said:

DrZola said:

Jinxesaxe said:

Jinx

Dr. Zola

I have played him duped, still don't see a reason to use him over Red Guardian, Photon, Torch, Titania, Hulk, Spider Ham, Silk, Spot, Void etc. Nothing he has in his kit makes him unique enough to be worth running in your deck unless you're biased or have no other options.
    Is he good? Yes, but not good enough imo and I know for a fact most players at the top will agree. Highly doubt you'd ever find someone using Morbius in Arcane and above.
    I dont even play bgs and even from my testing this is correct if u have a photon silk void ham hulk u would rank them over morbius anyday as there more fun there more of a fast burst champ than morbius who needs to stack bleeds or if duped against bleed immunes rupture for crazy damage which by then hulk silk photon would of taken the fights down already before him but when i did my testing in act 7 with the damage boost it was just ok considering a 5 star werewolf by night managed as a 5 r5 to keep up with him almost who doesnt get a damage boost in act 7 or 8 content
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,551 ★★★★★
    Hope BRB slaps. Grabbed the plat pass and broke f2p just for him (and the other goodies but mostly him lol)
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Hope BRB slaps. Grabbed the plat pass and broke f2p just for him (and the other goodies but mostly him lol)

Dear lord I hope so too.