**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

How did you guys manage to beat SOS Onslaught?

J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 898 ★★★★
How did you guys beat Onslaught with deathless King Groot? It looks like it’s going to be a really long fight because I’m barely doing any damage with my r1 boosted. I’m losing furies due debuffs, I can’t use sp2 due to DKG incinerate, sp1 armor break means and remaining furies mean no crit rating.

Comments

• Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,376 ★★★★★
    Use sp1 in the fury phase to stack 10 armor breaks, use sp3 while you have furies to get a good amount of regen. You can solo if the AI is decent but it’s a long fight. Think it takes around 10-15 minutes with a r1
  • Options
    hyp3r05hyp3r05 Posts: 77
    Build up indefinite armor breaks with sp1 when you have furies, use your striker when you can to get a big heavy when you have furies. You can tank the sp2 with DKG so if he gets 2 bars of power it isn’t terrible. If you can manage to get the 10 armor breaks then you can go for special threes for regen and damage if you have the furies.
  • Options
    edited June 7
    Emilia90 said:

Use sp1 in the fury phase to stack 10 armor breaks, use sp3 while you have furies to get a good amount of regen. You can solo if the AI is decent but it’s a long fight. Think it takes around 10-15 minutes with a r1

For one fight? I went on YT and I saw 20+ minutes as well. Sometimes I wonder why I play this game for real 😦. Couldn’t they have just given this a little bit more thought? The fact that they added the unstoppable heavy to a defender normal champs can’t parry. You’re basically saying only intercept and take down a +1million health champ. I know it’s an end game content, but really. They did let everyone try it in their office and give feedback?
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,376 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

Emilia90 said:

For one fight? I went on YT and I saw 20+ minutes as well. Sometimes I wonder why I play this game for real 😦. Couldn’t they have just given this a little bit more thought? The fact that they added the unstoppable heavy to a change normal champs can’t parry. You’re basically saying only intercept and take down a +1million health champ. I know it’s an end game content, but really. They did let everyone try it in their office and give feedback?
    I know it’s tricky but you can punish his heavy. There’s one frame where he can’t recover so that’s what I used. You can also punish the sp1 if you practice it enough but that isn’t required
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

J0eySn0w said:

Emilia90 said:

For one fight? I went on YT and I saw 20+ minutes as well. Sometimes I wonder why I play this game for real 😦. Couldn’t they have just given this a little bit more thought? The fact that they added the unstoppable heavy to a change normal champs can’t parry. You’re basically saying only intercept and take down a +1million health champ. I know it’s an end game content, but really. They did let everyone try it in their office and give feedback?
    I know it’s tricky but you can punish his heavy. There’s one frame where he can’t recover so that’s what I used. You can also punish the sp1 if you practice it enough but that isn’t required
    Yeah, there’s a small window but it’s tricky, the AI recovers very fast to punish you. Sometime I feel studies and learn from my movement and adapt accordingly. The light intercept, a small jog towards and then L attack. This is a terrible design from where I stand having played this game for 8+ years.
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,169 ★★★★
    It's called no units, no revives, must solo
    (I solo'd both times with spidey99 and shang chi)
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,524 ★★★★★
    edited June 7
    Update time

with 70% on his health took me 19 revives which is what i had to beat him. 😭
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 210 ★★
    First off, make sure you never, ever parry accidentally. The only way to do it somewhat efficiently is to have WP working for you.

Since you have WP cranking nonstop, don’t be afraid to let him hit into your block. Sometimes he will throw a five hit combo into the block and you can counter. Learn to recognize his second medium, so if he goes MLM or MLLM you’re ready to punish.

Be perfect dexing the sp1.

Mentally prepare for a long and tedious fight.
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 746 ★★★
    Emilia90 said:

J0eySn0w said:

Emilia90 said:

J0eySn0w said:

Emilia90 said:

Yeah, there’s a small window but it’s tricky, the AI recovers very fast to punish you. Sometime I feel studies and learn from my movement and adapt accordingly. The light intercept, a small jog towards and then L attack. This is a terrible design from where I stand having played this game for 8+ years.
    The fight itself? Nah it’s well designed. The AI is definitely trash though. The walking up and light intercepting is stupid but AI issues have been a constant. If the AI was good this fight would’ve been one of my favorites since it becomes a game of evading sp1’s and getting your openings

We should of been rewarded for learning the sp1 dex, like we were in Dani WoW fight. That was my favorite fight so far. Onslaught fight the reward for learning the sp1 dex was being constantly light intercepted. Not really rewarding
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 822 ★★★★
    One revive with 7r1 and solo with 7r2 DKG.

SP1 till you get to 10 armor break, then SP3.
  • Options
    GarloGarlo Posts: 216 ★★
    edited June 7
    It's a very, very long and boring fight.

Things to consider:
    - Avoid any parry.
    - Stack 10 permanent armor breaks.
    - After that, only use SA3 in fury phase.
    - Learn how to dex and counter attack SP1.

The fight took me more than 11 minutes :neutral:

Good luck!

• Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,346 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

How did you guys beat Onslaught with deathless King Groot? It looks like it’s going to be a really long fight because I’m barely doing any damage with my r1 boosted. I’m losing furies due debuffs, I can’t use sp2 due to DKG incinerate, sp1 armor break means and remaining furies mean no crit rating.

Go very slow. It'll take forever. Try to get the 10 permanent SP1 armor breaks. When they don't line up with your furies, skip that SP1 run and go SP3.
  • Options
    Yukzii_IIYukzii_II Posts: 106
    Only took 9 minutes for me with r1 unboosted, DKG hits very hard on basics and remember that you can ramp up charges while hitting into his block. Took a few retries and I even got clipped by an sp1 on the run, however DKG has built in regen on sp3 and willpower is op. Just make sure you don’t parry, even if you do though you should be fine given you don’t get hit too much. I had energy resist stat focus too.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,112 ★★★★★
    Hawkeye with revives (10+)
    Herc with Revives (1)
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,135 ★★★★
    Lv 2 GKG, 15% attack, 20% health and green boosts. Best run was 4 sp1 dexes in a row. 5 lv1 revives and 4 lv2. Could have been less if I healed more, as he's tanky.

To the opp; heal more, use your 4 hour crystals and as you are resigned to using revives, don't be worried about going for an SP2 if you have a lot of furies. Yes you'll die afterwards, but you'll take a large chunk off his health.

Don't parry, or try not to. He can be heavy countered, as above; I practiced the timing for that a lot on a capiw run. Watch lots of videos on his sp1 Dex.

But definitely use your heals from crystals. This is the kind of challenge they are there for, because if you can only take off 3% with one lv1 revive, healing to about 60% health will get you into the 9% health taken off bracket and it does help reduce frustration.

And remember, they have "buffed" health pots, so they heal proportionately to your boosted health, which really helps.
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,130 ★★★★
    edited June 8
    Blood , sweat and tears.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,590 ★★★★
    In a word - Herc
  • Options
    Darklord60Darklord60 Posts: 33
    Havok detonations,,,for some reason Onslaught hates Havok's detonations 😂
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,854 ★★★★
    Use Shang and Diablo then chill
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,376 ★★★★
    I don't have DKG so I skipped this mission
  • Options
    IlociaMIlociaM Posts: 9
    6*r3 shang chi 1 revive
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,130 ★★★★

I don't have DKG so I skipped this mission

Damn how many pieces you missing?
  • Options
    ThE__TiTaNThE__TiTaN Posts: 4
    Photon-0
    Herc-0
    She hulk-2
    Dkg-1
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,021 ★★★★
    Beat him with tears and suffering
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,534 ★★★★★
    edited June 8
    Turned on suicides. I didn't try to get the ten armor breaks. I would just go for as many armor breaks as I could, then I would just go until I was about to die, then fire of my sp2 to get as much damage. Put on inequity as well to reduce Onslaught's damage. I also didn't always try to dex all hits of his specials. Since he's so tanky, and you get so much energy Resistance, I just didn't want to chance it.also, I put his 7* focus as energy Resistance.

Full heal each time (3 or 4 revives), used the 60% revives I had saved up for this since DKG has such a high health pool and so then I could use less health potions.

R2 my DKG and max boosted him.
  • Options

Turned on suicides. I didn't try to get the ten armor breaks. I would just go for as many armor breaks as I could, then I would just go until I was about to die, then fire of my sp2 to get as much damage. Put on inequity as well to reduce Onslaught's damage. I also didn't always try to dex all hits of his specials. Since he's so tanky, and you get so much energy Resistance, I just didn't want to chance it.also, I put his 7* focus as energy Resistance.

Full heal each time (3 or 4 revives), used the 60% revives I had saved up for this since DKG has such a high health pool and so then I could use less health potions.

R2 my DKG and max boosted him.

Suicide mastery is a good idea, I will try that. I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t want anything stressing me out and wasting my time for no reason. I’m not leaning anything meaningful from this game, it’s just for fun so if it’s not fun, then what’s its purpose. That’s my reasoning. There are so many things to keep track of within the game sometimes I don’t know I’m doing certain things the right way or not. And there’s no leeway for error, you miss one thing you miss out on the main prize.