**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Murder Box Clues

Comments

• Options
    AsphyxiaAsphyxia Posts: 48

Asphyxia said:

# Note
    ->Each week you get 2 hints.
    ->One is sad smile face.
    ->Another is smile face.
    ->Smile face hints can only claimed through weekly objective.
    ->Sad smile face hints claimed through arcade game objectives or the quest
    -> Smile face hints represent the number that exists in the code.
    -> Sad smile face hints represent the number that doesn't exist in the code.
    ->The main thing this goes is because u get 5 hints throughout 5 weeks.
    ->There are 10 numbers between 0 to 9.
    ->Total Week : 5, each week 2 hints means 1 number that exists in the box, 1 number that doesn't exist

So the first number is 0 and I have attached a file that contains all of the 1680 numbers. One of that must be the number.

Curious why you are assuming 0 is the first number of the sequence and not the third number.
    It's gotta be week 1 to week 5 in Sequential order as I believe.
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 618 ★★★
    Asphyxia said:

Asphyxia said:

# Note
    ->One is sad smile face.
    ->Another is smile face.
    ->Total Week : 5, each week 2 hints means 1 number that exists in the box, 1 number that doesn't exist

So the first number is 0 and I have attached a file that contains all of the 1680 numbers. One of that must be the number.

Curious why you are assuming 0 is the first number of the sequence and not the third number.
    So you are just ignoring the 3 hourglasses?
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,490 ★★★★★
    Asphyxia said:

Asphyxia said:

# Note
    ->One is sad smile face.
    ->Another is smile face.

When we had a similar puzzle (I think it was spider related), the marks indicated position in sequence.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    edited June 7

Asphyxia said:

Asphyxia said:

# Note
    ->One is sad smile face.
    ->Another is smile face.

When we had a similar puzzle (I think it was spider related), the marks indicated position in sequence.
    I thin the last one like this was the Sinister chest sometime last year. It gave you some Epic title if opened correctly. In my old alliance, a lot of people never got it, so I just assumed they never bothered to get the code to open the chest. Granted this time, the rewards inside seem a bit better, if not "required" given T2 dust involved.
  • Options
    The_Boss253The_Boss253 Posts: 54
    Five-digit code, and the evidence (the smiley face clue being 0 and the 3-hour glasses) tells us that the code is xx0xx.

Let's say that each letter in the code is represented by a variable, like abcde. Since we know c is 0, and there are 10 total possibilities (0-9) for a, b, d, and e, we would just do 10^4, giving us 10,000 possibilities.

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but below is a drive file containing all of the possibilities.
    If someone is good at making macros or something, we can run all these numbers and figure out the code. Good luck everyone, hopefully, we figure this out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jk6rgyGHf8alhmRPlTysuXTdKyJF_pQp/view?usp=sharing

P.S. Any number shorter than 10000, like 1000 would just be 01000, and 23 would be 00023.
  • Options
    ede6688ede6688 Posts: 2

Five-digit code, and the evidence (the smiley face clue being 0 and the 3-hour glasses) tells us that the code is xx0xx.

Let's say that each letter in the code is represented by a variable, like abcde. Since we know c is 0, and there are 10 total possibilities (0-9) for a, b, d, and e, we would just do 10^4, giving us 10,000 possibilities.

I'm not sure if this is allowed, but below is a drive file containing all of the possibilities.
    If someone is good at making macros or something, we can run all these numbers and figure out the code. Good luck everyone, hopefully, we figure this out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jk6rgyGHf8alhmRPlTysuXTdKyJF_pQp/view?usp=sharing

P.S. Any number shorter than 10000, like 1000 would just be 01000, and 23 would be 00023.

Because we know 4 is not featured in the code (because of sad smiley face) we only need to do 9^4 codes because we can rule out anything that has a 4 in them that only leaves 6561 variations.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,490 ★★★★★
    ede6688 said:

Because we know 4 is not featured in the code (because of sad smiley face) we only need to do 9^4 codes because we can rule out anything that has a 4 in them that only leaves 6561 variations.
    Thinking we might be able to rule out codes with repeated digits as well. I think codes in the past have all had different numbers.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,239 ★★★★★
    Anyone wanna try 72081? i just have a feeling :)@MrSakuragi
  • Options
    GrimXYZGrimXYZ Posts: 107
    How are people getting so many hints already? I only have 1 hint and Inhave done all the objectives and the 4 side quest runs.
  • Options
    Rkkd21Rkkd21 Posts: 43
    First appearance Arcade Marvel Team-Up # 65 and first MurderWorld appearance Marvel Team-up #66
  • Options
    The_Boss253The_Boss253 Posts: 54

ede6688 said:

Thinking we might be able to rule out codes with repeated digits as well. I think codes in the past have all had different numbers.
    ede6688 said:

Quite honestly, it’s Kabam we are dealing with, so I think we just go in without expecting anything we aren’t at least 90% sure of.
  • Options
    Dr_Voodoo20Dr_Voodoo20 Posts: 1
    ede6688 said:

The 3 Hourglasses are on the MurderBox itself so it's nothing to do with that
  • Options
    QueenMcocQueenMcoc Posts: 1,109 ★★★
    How we get smile face & code ?
  • Options
    QueenMcoc said:

Weekly objectives.
  • Options
    Asphyxia said:

QueenMcoc said:

Weekly objectives.
    First week so many codes ? How ?
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 618 ★★★

ede6688 said:

The 3 Hourglasses are on the MurderBox itself so it's nothing to do with that
    Didn't notice that, doesn't mean it won't be different from week to week, but until we get week 2s clues there is no real way to tell.
  • Options
    QueenMcoc said:

Asphyxia said:

QueenMcoc said:

Weekly objectives.
    Only 2 codes.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,559 ★★★★★

If you put the wrong clue, you'll get this message.

The title is goddamn hilarious lol.

I'll lose my mind if someone's offended by this
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,134 ★★★★★
    Will be funny if players fail to figure out the code and then Kabam have to tell us
  • Options
    johnlaw3742johnlaw3742 Posts: 178 ★★
    Not sure if this will help crack the code but there was an issue of Marvel Fanfare starring Northstar called Murder by Numbers 1, 2, 3…
  • Options
    Asphyxia said:

QueenMcoc said:

Asphyxia said:

QueenMcoc said:

Weekly objectives.
    Only 2 codes.
    How can I get?
  • Options
    WackyCj3WackyCj3 Posts: 3
    I have 3 #4’s :|
  • Options
    CerebriumCerebrium Posts: 84
    I don’t get the hints. When I used it, it changed to another number. Currently, I have #4, #1, 😊, 🙁, #4

The smily face is 5
    The sad face is 7
    So Not 41574
  • Options
    I think the five digit code is made up of:

0 1 4 5 7

As when you use any of them they change to one of those
  • Options
    There are 5^5 = 3125 possibilities as the same digit can be reused (repeat)
  • Options
    Just putting some patterns here to see if it sparks some ideas for someone. I just don’t get it

#4 <=> 😊
    #1<=> ☹️
    #0 <=> 😊
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,524 ★★★★★
    The murder box clues should be on why kabam released modok into raids and having him murder my champ and allies champs too while still standing lol.
  • Options
    PatientZeroPatientZero Posts: 16

So, I am wondering after getting more today if the number of each has something to do with it. Collecting a few from the event as well as the personal goals, I now have a specific number of each.
    #5 (x3 and x1)
    #4 (x2 and x1)
    #0 (x1)
    #1 (x1)
    Could this mean that four 5s and three 4s elude to the location? Like 4 is the third number and 5 the fourth?
    When selecting them all, the only HAPPY faces are 0,4,5
    Am I thinking too much in to this? lol.
    Time shall tell!
  • Options
    OldManHopOldManHop Posts: 252 ★★★

So, I am wondering after getting more today if the number of each has something to do with it. Collecting a few from the event as well as the personal goals, I now have a specific number of each.
    #5 (x3 and x1)
    #4 (x2 and x1)
    #0 (x1)
    #1 (x1)
    Could this mean that four 5s and three 4s elude to the location? Like 4 is the third number and 5 the fourth?
    When selecting them all, the only HAPPY faces are 0,4,5
    Am I thinking too much in to this? lol.
    Time shall tell!

I'm so confused about where some of these extras are coming from...
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 367 ★★★
    I tried matching the first frown to the first smiley (4 would be in the first spot, 0 in the fourth spot, and 5 in the last spot, leaving spots 2 and 3 open. Thought maybe this would refer to a date (a date has been used before in the Deadpool chest awhile back). I tried all April dates from 4/01/05 to 4/30/05 and no luck.

Unlike others, I only have 3 smileys and 3 frowns (6 total items). No idea how people are getting multiple copies of the same frown unless they are doing other threat levels.