**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Almost a year since the relic pause!

jdschwjdschw Posts: 239 ★★
I would love some update on the future for relics! Does anybody have any inside knowledge on when we might get an update?

Comments

• Options
    Age_of_Luca2000Age_of_Luca2000 Posts: 48
    I m curios too, if I remember correctly in the May stream they said that they are still working on it but nothing more.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,800 ★★★★★
    edited June 10
    Especially since they keep pushing relic bundles
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 540 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

Kabam stopped after finding that relics won't bring any revenue.

In that case relic nodes ahould also stop. There is a node in this month's EQ in 2.2 that reduces power gain by 90% unless a striker is used. If relics are being discontinued, then why have this node active? People arent complaining about it because its quite a generic node combo and can be completed with almost any champ. If it needed specific counters, then there would be a need to unbind and bind relics because i dont have relics on all my 6* r3 or up that i use in quests.
  • Options
    Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 539 ★★★
    edited June 10
    I don’t like them and never have.
    I don’t like strikers,..i think 15 hit combos (or whatever it is), are ridiculous and take away from the fundamentals of how the game was actually played.
    I don’t use them for ANY game mode except for when they are a requirement such as act 8 and then i unbound them once i explored that.
    I still have a 6 star 1-2 and 2-3 relic rank up gem sitting in my inventory i haven’t used and have no interest in using.
    A unnecessary addition to an already complicated game imo.
    May get some hate from the “relic lovers”,..but that’s okay, everyone’s entitled to their own opinion.
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 1,178 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

Should be scraped entirely although obviously not feasible to do so.

No.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,885 ★★★★★
    Hmm relics. Not the biggest fan of them, so I saw not really a reason to open the crystals

I will further wait and see
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 655 ★★★★
    I didn't even notice they stopped relic stuff
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    Joker1976 said:

I don’t like strikers,..i think 15 hit combos (or whatever it is), are ridiculous and take away from the fundamentals of how the game was actually played.
    I don’t use them for ANY game mode except for when they are a requirement such as act 8 and then i unbound them once i explored that.
    I still have a 6 star 1-2 and 2-3 relic rank up gem sitting in my inventory i haven’t used and have no interest in using.
    May get some hate from the “relic lovers”,..but that’s okay, everyone’s entitled to their own opinion.

They’re incredibly useful for a lot of champ rotations. They don’t break any fundamentals and are well balanced. I’m hating on this take because it’s straight up ignorant and if you’re just ignoring your relics, you’re missing out on an advantage, especially the ones that pair excellently with certain champs. Relics literally doubled the usage of champs like Venom and Black Cat
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 802 ★★★★
    While I wasn't too keen on the idea of Relic first announced, and to be honestly question on the impact of them in the grand scheme of thing in the earlier stage of it life.

However as thing developed, I do really appreciate that some relics are make a big impact to certain champs (although really we are looking at 5 and 6* relic really). Also one of my fav champ (alway put a smile to my face when I get to use) is Silk and she was design with relic required.

Which essentially lead to the next point, and maybe the tricky part for Kabam, how the game been designed since Relic was introduced, make most content and game play require the need for Relic, which mean it is impossible to remove them from the game.

However at the same time I can only imagine it is very hard to design Relic so they can be impactful but also not break with game, taking into consideration or 60+ champs of each class that interact with it.

While also making it financially positive.

I would suggestion maybe Relic that have general, but also apply very specific benefits to only 1 champ.

For example, a general Mutant relic give extra 10% of whatever ramp up charges that unique to that champ (this would be different between, Weapon X, Stryfe and Kitty), 10% is little so won't break the game in anyway, but have a specific note that give Apo 3 charges on Attack.

This is straight away make Apo extremely meta.

In doing so players would want to hunt for this Relic, i.e portential generate income.

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,604 ★★★★★
    People are gonna be so mad when the Relic pause ends and we aren't getting any new battlecasts lol
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Joker1976 said:

They’re incredibly useful for a lot of champ rotations. They don’t break any fundamentals and are well balanced. I’m hating on this take because it’s straight up ignorant and if you’re just ignoring your relics, you’re missing out on an advantage, especially the ones that pair excellently with certain champs. Relics literally doubled the usage of champs like Venom and Black Cat
    Well I appreciated your comment until you said my viewpoint was straight up ignorant lol.
    Look i don’t like relics or the mechanics of them, and i have not found that it is diminishing my game play by not having them equipped.
    I also have a r2 7 star Venom and he is very much worth that rank up with or without the relic …imo.
    I don’t think it’s ignorant to dislike something within a game and to have a viewpoint on that.
    I don’t like relics,..and i don’t think it’s made a great impact on the game or even made it that much better.
    But again,..that is just my opinion
    …and you are more than entitled to your own.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    Joker1976 said:

Emilia90 said:

Joker1976 said:

Well I appreciated your comment until you said my viewpoint was straight up ignorant lol.
    Look i don’t like relics or the mechanics of them, and i have not found that it is diminishing my game play by not having them equipped.
    I also have a r2 7 star Venom and he is very much worth that rank up with or without the relic …imo.
    I don’t think it’s ignorant to dislike something within a game and to have a viewpoint on that.
    I don’t like relics,..and i don’t think it’s made a great impact on the game or even made it that much better.
    I said it was ignorant because you seem to be ignoring how much better champs can be. Strikers not only act as a combo extender, but the stun can’t be ignored by any node or champ. It’s incredibly useful in a pinch in battlegrounds (like using it right after an sp2 with Hulkling to close out matches) and without it you lose a lot of time and damage.

Not only does it do that, but it helps weave in a lot of champ rotations. It’s integral to champs like Silk and champs like Onslaught (and others with heavy attack abilities) greatly benefit from the striker stun. Domino can now place a bleed on herself for increased damage, OR can activate death field etc. So yes, there is a big impact that these have made. That’s not even covering how good the gambit relic is for crit, SW can make Kushala’s block regen even better and many more. Venom is good without the relic but the relic makes him much better so I don’t get your point here
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Joker1976 said:

Emilia90 said:

Joker1976 said:

I said it was ignorant because you seem to be ignoring how much better champs can be. Strikers not only act as a combo extender, but the stun can’t be ignored by any node or champ. It’s incredibly useful in a pinch in battlegrounds (like using it right after an sp2 with Hulkling to close out matches) and without it you lose a lot of time and damage.

Not only does it do that, but it helps weave in a lot of champ rotations. It’s integral to champs like Silk and champs like Onslaught (and others with heavy attack abilities) greatly benefit from the striker stun. Domino can now place a bleed on herself for increased damage, OR can activate death field etc. So yes, there is a big impact that these have made. That’s not even covering how good the gambit relic is for crit, SW can make Kushala’s block regen even better and many more. Venom is good without the relic but the relic makes him much better so I don’t get your point here
    Yeah,..I understand where you’re coming from,..but it’s not going to change my point of view.
    You can keep loving relics and i can continue to ignore them.
    That’s the beauty of it all,..it’s personal preference and choice.
    It’s funny that you mentioned silk because i got her very early on and duped several times when she was first released in the featured 6 star crystal,..and i didn’t rank her up specially because of this,.. that’s how much i dislike relics.
    But it’s okay i got photon duped as a 7 star,..i will survive lol.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 717 ★★★★
    I feel like it's time for us to get new relics, we keep getting more relics shards and now even awakening gems and for what? It's like getting 7* shards without new characters being released....if they don't want to release more relics, then stop putting shards in everything, just replace with some other resource
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,737 ★★★★★

How about we just fix the whiff issues with the ones we have first?

I forget what the rationale for the relic pause was in the first place. Was it an effort to fix their malfunctioning? Was it being stretched too thin?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,604 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

How about we just fix the whiff issues with the ones we have first?

I forget what the rationale for the relic pause was in the first place. Was it an effort to fix their malfunctioning? Was it being stretched too thin?

Dr. Zola
    They weren't performing or having as big of an impact as the team had hoped
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,258 ★★★★★
    Only champ i liked relic on was silk but thats due to its part of her rotation to get big damage other than that i had little impact on relics but do want more but i want them to actually feel nice to use with benefits like so many too me have been a let down and only use for striker nodes which u only need 2 at most on each class depending on nodes which isnt a big deal since free to switch, but i just wish they were more impactful like it helps with rotations or maybe for wolverine relic it would boost regen effects not bleed ability accuracy
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 675 ★★★★
    edited June 10
    kabam is obviously making a hard pivot on relics, but to what?
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,628 ★★★
    Just imagine Onslaught or Serpent as relics
    😍😍
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,737 ★★★★★
    Just imagine relics that worked as promised…

Dr. Zola