**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Inhumans is the worst marvel TV show

13»

Comments

• Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,033 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Buttehrs said:

I'm inclined to believe that writers keep throwing "woke" things into stories because, well for lack of a better term, they don't have any other ideas. They've become uncreative. They've lost what makes writing writing. The human race in general has lost its creativity compared to times like the Renaissance. I could blame technology and AI, but that's just part of the problem. Nearly every TV show in general suffers from poor writing now.

There's WAAAAAY too much content. Excellent writing and killer source material isn't a guarantee of success anymore. There's only so much good writing, much less excellent, and the source material doesn't always translate well, so you need strong writing to close the gaps and/or flesh things out.

I would also say that many writers are overcompensating for ignorant viewers and those that need a point hammered to death for it to penetrate. How many times have we seen people complaining about comics that have been socially driven for decades becoming "woke" or about things that stayed true to the source material and they claimed it was a departure that ripped off something that came out 15 years later?

Some of the ham-fisted socially driven stuff gets on my nerves, but a lot of it I chalk up to people so desperate for representation and acknowledgement, they push. Star-Lord being mushed into pride stuff for a weakly insinuated off-panel "Devil's Threesome", for instance.
    People also should go back to reading more. People complain, well I don't have time to read a boom, but then sit there for 10 hours binge watching a show. Guess what? Could've spent that time reading a book and gotten way more out of it.
    You'd think. The book markets are over-saturated with low-effort dross, copycats, and corporate cashgrab stuff too.
    Nah. Gotta stick stuff like dungeons and dragons style books or Clive cussler. Use that imagination.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,804 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Shehulk exists**

Honestly tho,I don't get the she hulk hate. Is it boring? Kinda. But it is atleast different from the othe commercial marvel tv shows. I really do enjoyed the fourth wall breaks and especially the last episode.

Or do y'all hate it for being "borderline woke"? But isn't every netflix series woke nowadays?
    I hate the term woke to describe things (not you here but by people to downplay rep) but she-hulk is just a bad direction for how they wanted to portray a strong woman. Downplaying Banner and stripping what made her so cool in other media was the shows biggest sin. It’s not horrible other than that, but it’s also pretty barebones and disappointing. Marvel isn’t alone in that though, you’re right that Netflix and a lot of other media thinks that a strong character has to be an unrelenting pos
    Well, it is the problem though. “Woke” whatever you determine that term to mean, has ruined most modern entertainment platforms. You guys call me whatever you want (I am none of them), but the general public is sick and tired of these agendas literally being shoved in our face at every turn. Why does it matter? Everyone knows these “non dominant” groups exist are fine with it. Except we have no choice but to have thrown at us. I want to watch a movie without rolling my eyes. I want to watch a new TV show without rolling my eyes. Again, call me what you want, but I just want to be entertained without social agendas.

Disney is at the forefront of this. Every single thing they do now has this stuff apart of it. The ratings, Disney plus subs (which are down 20% compared to 1 year ago), and box office numbers don’t lie. The general public is over it. Can we not just go back to caring about entertaining and a good story?
    Comics have had a very solid and consistent social awareness component since the 70s. Media based on the comics stories from the 70s to today wouldn't take a step backwards socially.

The world of media consumption is too different to point to "social agendas" as the reason box office numbers don't match up to those from the heyday of big budget blockbusters and the honeymoon period of novel streaming services. I could just as easily point to superhero fatigue, good writing as a finite resource, too much content, and decay of the theater experience compared to home viewing.
    Exactly. The "perceived woke" 🙄 *ahem* I mean..SOCIALLY AWARE.. comics are the foundation to the superhero stuff we have today, and from over the past 40+ years. X-Men, Wonder Woman, gender swapped Ms./Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers), She-Hulk, Green Lanterns, and Justice League are some great examples of that.

We know X-Men always fought for social justice and tolerance in a world that was/is full of hate. That was CLEAR. And other than her lineage and being the first "black" member of X-Men, Storm is symbol of African/Yoruban Orisha goddess Oya, which brought some attention to parts of an erased "African American" history.

The idea of Wonder Woman was introduced by a woman, and put into action by a feminist man. Then later in the 70's came Nubia, nicknamed "the black Wonder Woman", who was Wonder Woman's twin sister.

Chris Claremont proudly created a lot of powerful women in Marvel Comics long before this "perceived woke agenda" accusation was even a thing, before many comic book and superhero "fans" were even born and started jumping on this "woke" bandwagon. I was lucky and got to chat with Chris Claremont when he was autographing my comics. From his own mouth, he stated that wanted to see strong women represented in comics, and that's why he created some.

These are just a few of the many examples of social awareness.....or as some want to call it "woke 💩" that's BEEN happening for years. So why so many "fans" think this is something new is just crazy 🤣🤣
  • Options
    MordMord Posts: 120 ★★

There is no Inhumans show in Ba Sing Se

You've seen nothing once, you've seen it a thousand times
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,804 ★★★★★

Shehulk exists**

Honestly tho,I don't get the she hulk hate. Is it boring? Kinda. But it is atleast different from the othe commercial marvel tv shows. I really do enjoyed the fourth wall breaks and especially the last episode.

Or do y'all hate it for being "borderline woke"? But isn't every netflix series woke nowadays?
    The writers stated they'd never read a she hulk comic. Big yikes for fronting what could have been an amazing series, evidently the writers ignorance is what made it a let down.
    Geeeeeze. No wonder it was such a 💩 show