**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Impossible 7* nexus choice

MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 444 ★★
Just finished fully exploring Act 8 and opened my 7\* nexus and got this impossible choice:

All three of them are excellent. I love playing all of them although I'm not a master of any of them.

To make it more difficult is that I don't have a strong cosmic 7\*, so if I pull a cosmic R3 gem, Gorr would be my top choice (otherwise, it's Silver Surfer, Red Goblin, The Serpent...).

I still have my class 7* selector to open so I could go for either Domino or Shang-Chi here and then roll the dice on the cosmic crystal.

Comments

• Options
    I know, I know...woe is me...but it's still a tough call!
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,947 ★★★★★
    Easy domino
  • Options
    edited June 13

Honestly should've opened the rank up gem first before nexus crystals that way you will have a sense of idea what to pick in the nexus.

Yeah, I realized my mistake after I opened the nexus. Fortunately, it didn't backfire on me since I pulled a skill R3 gem (for Black Cat!!!) after I decided to go with Domino. I decided on the science crystal...and duped my Mr. Negative (I wanted a spider or Photon).
    Buttehrs said:

Man says the serpent isn't a really good cosmic r3 option

Fair. I haven't had the time to learn him. I do see the potential but I haven't done a deep dive of him yet.
    Wicket329 said:

It depends on what you need.

Of the three, Shang is the most versatile attacker. He is able to be used in a tremendous amount of content and is almost always a top contender for any challenge.

Domino and Gorr are also potent attackers, although I’d argue slightly less so than Shang. But they both have defensive utility, which Shang completely lacks. Domino wants the dupe for it, but Gorr has it right out of the box.

Shang and Domino are incredibly easy pick up and play champs, Gorr requires some thought and practice to master.

So ultimately, I think my recommendation would be:

Shang if you’re looking for an attacker.

Domino if you’re looking for an attacker and an investment as a defender.

Gorr if you’re looking for a personal project who works in both roles.

Excellent advice. I went with Domino simply because I haven't played her regularly since my 5* days (only just recently got her as a 6*!). Plus, one step closer to getting her duped to make her really kick ass.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,329 ★★★★★
    Domino was the right choice. Such a beast on defense and honestly she comes through on attack a lot for me. I’ve had like 25 second fights against r3 maestros with double crit bleeds lol
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 489 ★★
    SHANG
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,692 ★★★
    Gorr
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,963 ★★★★★
    Shang is not on the same level as Domino.
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 615 ★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Man says the serpent isn't a really good cosmic r3 option

Tbf, the serpent could get a nerf and he plays heavily on defensive then offensive. Some people might prefer offensive champs then defensive.
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 207 ★★
    Domino all day. Don’t choose Gorr. I took him to r2 cause I didn’t have a lot of other options a while back. Wasn’t worth it.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,533 ★★★★★
    Shang, for me.

He's great on attack, and has amazing (and controllable) utility.

Domino is also great on attack, and solid on defense even Unduped, but her Utility is negligible.

I'm finding Gorr pretty dull to play. His damage and regeneration are a lot more impressive on defence than on attack. He's not bad - just less good than I thought he'd be, when I finally got him at a useable rarity.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,667 ★★★★
    Definitely Shang for me, especially if you do Battlegrounds. He's an absolute nuke and can bypass so many tough defenders
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,640 ★★★★★
    I had to take Shang chi to r3 for valiant.

I get what you're saying about gorr, comics aren't great, but I haven't even r2d mine.

Domino easily.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,816 ★★★★
    Shang's the best choice. He's a great attacker, which is sort of what you need from one of your first 7*s. Domino has lots of utility, but needs a dupe to get the most out of it. And Gorr is great on both attack and defense, but becomes horrible the second you turn on suicides
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,835 ★★★★
    You made the right choice with Domino. Pretty crazy Nexus - congrats
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,395 ★★★★★
    Shang chi is great, but domino is a duel threat even unduped.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,766 ★★★★★
    Domino is the only choice
  • Options
    The_Doctor_24_1The_Doctor_24_1 Posts: 53
    As a owner of both, a R3 sig 80 Domino and a unduped R3 Shang Chi I can tell you that Shang has a lot of utility. Been using him in quest all the time his damage it's amazing when ramped up. But Domino has a lot of uses in BG and questing, sadly her damage it's rng dependent, but when it hits she destroys everything. I'll go with Shang Chi honestly, he's one of the best in his class that it's not a defender and the one you can rely on
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,692 ★★★
    A 3 star gorr can do rol winter soldier EASY, take gorr trust
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,802 ★★★★
    Domino, but if you get a cosmic gem, then r3 Serpent
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 717 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

He's above....it's very simple: consistent guarantee damage vs rng dependent
    Love domino but there have been plenty of times that she made me lose some match in bg because of non crit sp2 and no bleed as well
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,395 ★★★★★

Polygon said:

Love domino but there have been plenty of times that she made me lose some match in bg because of non crit sp2 and no bleed as well
    In a pure offensive pov, yes shang chi is wayy better attacker than domino, with more utilities.

But in a bg pov where you often need duel threats, while shang chi is great for bgs, Domino is the best option here. She messes up in defense even unduped. And if op gets a dupe in future, she is just scary.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 717 ★★★★

Polygon said:

In a pure offensive pov, yes shang chi is wayy better attacker than domino, with more utilities.

But in a bg pov where you often need duel threats, while shang chi is great for bgs, Domino is the best option here. She messes up in defense even unduped. And if op gets a dupe in future, she is just scary.
    But then again, shang doesn't even need the dup while domino does (for the duel threats) so idk, so far i see shang as the superior one