**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Season 19 BG Starting Point Incorrect [resolved, additional comms]

Comments

• Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 663 ★★★
    Maratox said:

I’m sure it has to do with all the new ranks that Kabam added and they didn’t account for them correctly in the code for determining where players start the next season

Likely, though to me it looks like the start positions were calculated twice. Once to where you should have started then again to where you actually did. At least that's what mine looked like.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,600 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Update here.

Quick summary: Gameteam added a bunch of 7-Star Shards and Titan Shards to the higher brackets to offset the additional grind.

Ok now this is huge!!
  • Options
    AinyAiny Posts: 252 ★★★
    Thecurler said:

Deacon said:

now THIS is full of juicy win!!!!

## Issue impacting starting seeding position in BG S19
    Hello Summoners,

We are aware of an issue impacting the starting position for this new season of Battlegrounds resulting in many Summoners starting lower down the Victory Track than they should.
    As an additional grind will be inevitable this season as a result, we are adding the following rewards to compensate:
    - 15,000 7-Star Shards for reaching Diamond 1
    - 10,000 Titan Shards for reaching Vibranium 1
    These changes are expected to appear in game ASAP
    Thank you for your patience, apologies for the inconvenience.

Dream on 😆
    More like a half hearted apology plus a handful of elders marks for “the inconvenience”.
    well it's official, no need to dream lol
  • Options
    Pit_0f_MiseryPit_0f_Misery Posts: 139
    Did they give elder marks?
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,578 ★★★★★

I've been lowered 3 times to start at silver one. The 7 star shards are whatever but being forced to play more bgs is ridiculous. Normally it would be whatever but you have the vision piece you need to get. As someone who hates bgs, the entire game mode having to play far more to get this piece of the deathless just hurts so bad. Rant over

Same exact thing here. Also I’ve played and won 5 matches and have not received elders marks.
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Thecurler said:

Deacon said:

Hello Summoners,

We are aware of an issue impacting the starting position for this new season of Battlegrounds resulting in many Summoners starting lower down the Victory Track than they should.
    As an additional grind will be inevitable this season as a result, we are adding the following rewards to compensate:

Dream on 😆
    More like a half hearted apology plus a handful of elders marks for “the inconvenience”.
    You know this was official comms... right?
    I got dropped all the way to silver 1, so I literally have to climb the entire way? How does this stuff always happen?
  • Options
    mmartin5817mmartin5817 Posts: 84

I ended in high vibranium. Maybe v1 or 2 last season. Now I gotta climb the whole thing. I’m missing out on a ton of bg store tokens as well. What a shame. I don’t care about champions, I need resources.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 865 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Thecurler said:

Deacon said:

Hello Summoners,

Dream on 😆
    You know this was official comms... right?
    I didn’t, assumed it was one of those wild compensation posts 🤣
  • Options
    jpzeejpzee Posts: 18
    We need tokens and elder marks too. Shards are cool, but we’re missing out on resources.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 947 ★★★★★
    BeastDad said:

I ended in high vibranium. Maybe v1 or 2 last season. Now I gotta climb the whole thing. I’m missing out on a ton of bg store tokens as well. What a shame. I don’t care about champions, I need resources.

Same here. And the last thing I need is more time spent playing bg’s.
    Yeah… this month just got way more grindy. Ugh. All so I can probably get another dupe of silver surfer when in make vib 2.
  • Options
    jpzee said:

We need tokens and elder marks too. Shards are cool, but we’re missing out on resources.

I just finished my 8th bg match, no tokens or elders marks.
  • Options
    jpzeejpzee Posts: 18
    TyEdge said:

Kabam Jax said:

Update here.

Quick summary: Gameteam added a bunch of 7-Star Shards and Titan Shards to the higher brackets to offset the additional grind.

This is a nicely executed bandaid, but if I’m understanding this correctly, I’ll be playing the early season without a large windfall of elder marks that I would’ve had if this worked properly. As a result, my solo event score is going to suffer, so I won’t be reaching later milestones there and I’ll probably drop in rank rewards.

Again, it’s a nice fix, but everyone who’s over the moon about this result needs to realize that you’re likely “giving back” some of these rewards by not reaching certain solo milestones. The elder marks deficit will also affect alliance scores too.
    This is the correct line of thinking.

• Options
    ThomildoThomildo Posts: 473 ★★★
    edited June 19
    Ah yes!
    New content, tested and ready to go!
    The comp is not bad tho..
  • Options
    ThomildoThomildo Posts: 473 ★★★
    BeastDad said:

jpzee said:

Wait, was it announced that we don’t get the bundle after 5 matches?
    Or is it another bug🤔
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,159 ★★★
    It showed that I got them but I do not
  • Options
    Thomildo said:

BeastDad said:

jpzee said:

Wait, was it announced that we don’t get the bundle after 5 matches?
    Or is it another bug🤔
    It shows on screen you are supposed to receive them, but no one has.
  • Options
    kus234kus234 Posts: 223 ★★
    Kabam is adding shards but now we have to grind more to climb up..
  • Options
    kus234 said:

Kabam is adding shards but now we have to grind more to climb up..

Then they’ll spin it as “ oh look, more people played bg”. Yea cuz you made me grind the heck out of it and now I’m getting less Resources. The shards were a nice start but elders marks and tokens are lacking. I’m missing 10k plus tokens from my normal bg season start.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,499 ★★★★★
    Wait, so there is no rewards for previous tiers after 5 matches?
    Game said I ended the last season in Plat?.. I was in GC... Pushed me to G5... Now i not only gotta grind more, get seeded to Gold.. not collect resources to do that grind?...
    They are really trying hard to save me money for 4th of July at this point...
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,159 ★★★
    Can we get this secondary bug addressed?
  • Options
    SkyfawSkyfaw Posts: 194 ★★
    Is this a visual bug or something different? As you can see the tokens go from 3k to 1.5k and then back up to 3k. For the diamond IV milestones.

• Options
    Also, why is it compensation only for those that grind. This is Kabam’s mess up. They’re essentially making us play for our compensation. Everyone should be compensated regardless if you get to diamond or vibranium Will compensation in the future be “play more to recieve it”? Big L for Kabam.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,499 ★★★★★
    Well relog into game checked the stash and saw this
    I would assume its the previous tier reward, even if its labeled as "Test"