**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Battlegrounds, this isn't an "additional grind" it's an impossible grind.

2»

Comments

• Options
    TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 264 ★★★
    Is it me or the new system seems much grinder than the previous one?
  • Options
    Asher1_1Asher1_1 Posts: 156
    Starkyboy said:

I don't know if the community here is mostly valiant or pay-to-win players, but it's disappointing that from what I've seen, most replies to threads are just acting like the matchmaking this season isn't a big issue and people should just get better.

As a free-to-play paragon player with 1 rank 3 7 star (that usually gets banned) who routinely gets to diamond and occasionally vibranium if I grind the game I am struggling to make it out of gold 1. I've never lost so many matches by 200-400 points in my life. It doesn't matter how well I might play if my opponent is at an advantage because I'm constantly facing 300K+ health pools while they face >250k health pools.

It just feels unfair that I am constantly facing opponents with significantly better rosters that there's almost no point in me trying to win because all my efforts are futile. The reward boost is nice, but it won't matter if I can't even reach the ranks that I've routinely gotten to in the past. This isn't an "additional grind" for players like me, it's impossible.

Yeah, you can make fun of me and say I'm not good at the game in the replies and that I should stop complaining, IDC.

It's an open circuit competition mode .u want fun when u haven't developed a descent deck
  • Options
    DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Posts: 193
    PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

PT_99 said:

1199345 said:

Not gonna make fun...

Just gonna say run through story, pick up Valiant, build a significantly better roster, and realize the issue still exists: You'll continue to stomp on smaller accounts, and you'll continue to get stomped on by larger accounts...

It's the nature of the beast...

Nothing is nature of animal in here! The VT should be very simple, Kabam can just simply make the VT separately base on Title to have more fair matching, but they don’t want to do it cuz they want to punish those low tier acc, to push them buy those offers to grow their acc, that’s about money and intentional :)))
    You do realise if VT gets seperated for Cavs the rewards for Cavs will be 100-200 BG shop tokens, 20 elder marks and only 6* shards with 3* relic stuff each rank?

Seperate competition seperate rewards.
    Like do you actually think Kabam will seperate Cavs from TB Paragons Valaints but keep giving them same rewards and those 2500 Titan shards in objectives? 💀
    Of course along with separate rewards! And that’s call fair
    Good to know that reaching Vibranium by sacrificing good rewards is your motive.
    I wish the same motive would apply to reaching Valaint from Cav.
    Many people don’t have time to grind like you, they just can login 1-2 times per day for AW, AQ and maybe gradually do the story on the weekend, no time for stuff like Necro. Therefore, they just jump to BG to have fun with considerable fair match.
    No time to invest, no account grow, no get good heroes
    Then why no to crying when getting stomped by big accounts? Even I only play 2 times max a day during Necro 100% and by January or Feb I got valiant, so can you but no

Literally told you to wait out first 2 weeks if your account is weak but no, MUST REACH GC in first 3 days
    Don’t try to bend my word!
    I said first how can achieve 3 objectives each 2 days BG in this matching condition?
    Second, i don’t care about reward and many others small acc too, we have full time job and family as well, just want to play BG fair match to each other.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,494 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

It stinks. Relief helps, but this is a big mess. Even for a large account (who somehow can’t find all these little accounts on my climb), it’s a slog.

Side question: releasing content without a snafu seems to be too hard for the team—anyone recall a recent stretch when we’ve had smooth releases for a while? My memory fails me…

Dr. Zola

So....

With the shuttering of King Arthur beta, and thus no 2024 release (odds of a full write-off are not out of the question), Kabam has a big hole in its 2024 revenue projections (which already accounts for MCOC revenue projections). You've seen the first wave of headcount reduction, with a next wave likely after Q2 financials are released. It's not a great work environment, and it's not going to improve, full stop. This is not to say folks like Jax and whoever isn't spamming their resumes on LinkedIn or Indeed aren't trying their best, but you're not growing a 9 year old mobile game as much as you're squeezing every last drop from whoever's left.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,494 ★★★★
    It's effectively ruined the season for lower players, because there is going to be staggered amounts of whales and valiants all season that are going to dunk on them. Luckily my account is big enough to compete with anyone provided drafting doesn't screw me.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,494 ★★★★

You're not wrong about matchmaking but I do think calling it an impossible grind is too much.
    All those whales you're complaining about are gonna want those Titan shards, they will eventually move up and so will you. It's barely day four of BGs, chill out and let them climb up first.

It's not impossible, OP made a drastic overstatement, but there will be heavy accounts staggering their way through the entire season, even I've stopped at P3 for a week or so to let the super mega whales get out of VT.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,984 ★★★★★

You're not wrong about matchmaking but I do think calling it an impossible grind is too much.
    All those whales you're complaining about are gonna want those Titan shards, they will eventually move up and so will you. It's barely day four of BGs, chill out and let them climb up first.

It's not impossible, OP made a drastic overstatement, but there will be heavy accounts staggering their way through the entire season, even I've stopped at P3 for a week or so to let the super mega whales get out of VT.
    I disagree, it won't be the entire season. Most whales with big accounts will be in V1 by week three, they're gonna want those Titan shards.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 881 ★★★
    Generally top tier players start way up. Now we all started the same place sooooooo gotta wait it out. Imo the bidaily rewards shoulda also been nixed and handed out for at least 3 rotations. Give players a fighting chance afterwards when the tops moved up already
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 881 ★★★
    edited June 22

If you are going to call the people who keep the servers running Pay to Win, is it ok for them to call you a leech or a parasite?... Just wondering

Also this is graaaand. Payers get hated so much but uh....they stop the game from having ads after every fight aaaaaand keep this game 10 years strong. So. Ya. No harsh name calling please and you're welcome. (Although I only recognize the holidays anymore)
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 886 ★★★
    edited June 23
    To remove the grind, we are going to give you two spots for every win, except when you move up as before. Instead we are going to add more levels to levels and therefore more wins required.

By the way, we accidentally set something several levels behind by "mistake" due to the new levels. To compensate you get a little something, but if you regrind the new grind we will give you even more for more grinding, even though we still made it a easier and a little harder to regrind.

So enjoy your grind. And if you aren't able to regrind easily, you just aren't that good at grinding, and that's ok.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 886 ★★★
    The only problem is higher ranked players who aren't good enough to play at the highest level so they are gonna stick around in silver-diamond all season and decimate weaker players for the first two weeks or so.....that's just weak. Eventually the lower levels will clear out of all the whales but it's not going to be until it's crunch time and after they have farmed 400k points.....I'm not saying all the high valiant accounts do this but I know there are tons of people using the compensation they got just to fsrm points on wrak accts
  • Options
    ThēMandalorianThēMandalorian Posts: 306 ★★★
    edited June 23
    It was helpful the changes to medals for matches being now two for win, one for loss.

But it's a GRIND now and even winning seems like it takes forever to progress.

Maybe because we started lower than we were supposed to if we had made it to Gladiator's Circuit last time.

Either way, the number of wins (needing 5-7 medals to get to next level) and having 5 levels for Platinum, Diamond and Vibranium just makes it feel so grindy for anyone who plays this more casual than someone who can play hours every day.

The Deathless Vision piece should have either been at the end of Diamond, or end of the Solo Milestones for points.

Feels really bad and I hope it's adjusted properly next season and in the future. It's moving in the right direction, but it's boring and a slog IMHO. For reference, I've only lost 3 matches total and, as of writing, now in Plat 5.

- Mando
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 64
    Completely agree with OP. Kabam have not done anything to actually alleviate the grind....rewards should have been lowered down tiers not still at the top.
  • Options
    11993451199345 Posts: 487 ★★★
    Hyperion said:

Completely agree with OP. Kabam have not done anything to actually alleviate the grind....rewards should have been lowered down tiers not still at the top.

Adding rewards to the lower tiers wouldn't alleviate the grind though...you'd still have to actually grind for the rewards.

Splitting hairs, I know...

But to your point, since the bug and bubble exist, just wait it out a few days and things should normalize as higher tiered players move back up the ladder...