**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Battleground

2»

Comments

• Options
    ValrozValroz Posts: 203 ★★
    I still don’t know why player rating cannot be the top priority for match making. That just levels out the playing field. And if matched against a much harder enemy, at least the selector will not draw from your lowest ranking champs.

Kabam should really consider this suggestion. They are able to do it in Incursions where you can play within the level of your champions. I believe if the development team really thinks through this they will find a better approach to this mode Battlerosters, este Battlegrounds.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,121 ★★★★★
    edited June 24
    Valroz said:

I still don’t know why player rating cannot be the top priority for match making. That just levels out the playing field. And if matched against a much harder enemy, at least the selector will not draw from your lowest ranking champs.

Kabam should really consider this suggestion. They are able to do it in Incursions where you can play within the level of your champions. I believe if the development team really thinks through this they will find a better approach to this mode Battlerosters, este Battlegrounds.

So weak players only want to face weak players?
    Then should rewards for them also be weak (nerfed?)
    15k 6* shards instead of 7*
    And 2.5k 7* shards instead of 10k Titan?
  • Options
    BizaaroBizaaro Posts: 335 ★★
    PT_99 said:

Valroz said:

If Rewards were equally distributed at each step of victory track instead of accumulated at one place...then no one will complaint
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,480 ★★★★★
    Bizaaro said:

PT_99 said:

Valroz said:

If Rewards were equally distributed at each step of victory track instead of accumulated at one place...then no one will complaint
    Why would they do that? The most affected people are the ones who were in GC and got pushed all the way to Gold 5...
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,438 ★★★★★
    Valroz said:

To do it your way, they would need separate BG tabs with your own set of rewards. No way you deserve the top rewards if you won't be facing the top competition.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,438 ★★★★★
    Bizaaro said:

PT_99 said:

Valroz said:

Are you kidding? People have complained every single BG season.
  • Options
    MusikmenMusikmen Posts: 70
    I'm not entirely sure what the best option is for BG matchmaking - there are compelling views across the community given the wide range of matches that (seemingly) seem challenging based on roster makeup.

My experience anecdotally is that matches in Silver/etc are much more challenging this season than the past several. Is that because more players are in-game searching for deathless pieces and extra rewards? Maybe. I'm not sure I'd fault the matchmaking process as this is supposed to be a challenge to advance. However, I will say the fun factor is much lower (which makes my motivation to try and grind wins significantly lower).
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,694 ★★★★
    Musikmen said:

I'm not entirely sure what the best option is for BG matchmaking - there are compelling views across the community given the wide range of matches that (seemingly) seem challenging based on roster makeup.

My experience anecdotally is that matches in Silver/etc are much more challenging this season than the past several. Is that because more players are in-game searching for deathless pieces and extra rewards? Maybe. I'm not sure I'd fault the matchmaking process as this is supposed to be a challenge to advance. However, I will say the fun factor is much lower (which makes my motivation to try and grind wins significantly lower).

That's exactly it - between the bug putting people in lower tiers than they should be, the vision piece, and the megatron crystals in the objectives, there are way more people playing BGs in the lower tiers who wouldn't normally.

Over time the cream will rise, as it were, and the lower tiers will get easier.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,989 Guardian
    Valroz said:

You are operating under a misconception. Kabam doesn't need to consider this suggestion, because they actually did this at one point. It was a disaster because when you allow players to only match against similar roster players, you heavily penalize players for ranking up roster.

Think about this. Suppose they did that, and you started matching against nothing but, say, Cavalier players (or whatever you are). But you're also playing the game, right? One day you're presumably going to become Thronebreaker. Or you just rank up a bunch of champs and increase the strength of your roster. You'll then be placed against stronger competition. And the stronger you make your roster, the stronger your competition will become. Does that seem right to you? Moreover, when you fight against stronger rosters, on average those players will also be higher skilled players. Not all of them, but you are far more likely to run into highly skilled players playing strong rosters than weak ones.

That's essentially the problem with roster matching, in reverse. The players with strong rosters only match against other players with strong rosters, and this disproportionately also includes the players with the highest skill and game knowledge. And if any of those players have lower alt accounts and decide to play those, they would see that the competition is far weaker and it is far easier to win. This actually happened. Players who saw this with their own two eyes were actually saying, here on these forums and elsewhere, that players who wanted to participate in Battlegrounds should not rank anything up because rank ups made BG harder.

This is simply absurd, and why they changed it so that this would no longer be true. The whole point of the game is to collect and grow roster. Players are *supposed* to enjoy an advantage if they have a stronger roster, they are not supposed to experience a penalty for doing so. This means if your roster is stronger you will have an advantage, and if it is weaker you will have a disadvantage, and this is *fair* for BG because that advantage is the whole point of the game. Unfair is not letting players have that advantage, unfair is taking it away from players after they earned it.

Kabam doesn't need this suggestion, because not only have they heard it before, they *did* it before. And they learned their lesson. Roster matching subverts the point to the competition, which is to see who is the strongest player. That includes the roster that player has built playing the game in the first place.

Kabam can make CONTENT that scales with the player, because the CONTENT has no rights. We can buff it, we can nerf it, we can do whatever we want with the content because nobody cares about the content. The content is there to serve the players, period. But in a competition, we cannot make things easier for one group of players at the expense of another group without a really good reason. And there is no specific reason to hand weaker players more wins and the expense of handing stronger players more losses, no matter how much those players think that is "fair." It isn't, because in a competition everything you give to one player you are taking away from another player. The average win/loss record in Battlegrounds is zero-zero. For every win, there is a loss. If weaker players want to win more, they have to point at a group of players and say those players deserve fewer wins, and we are going to take them away.

Good luck with that. Kabam did that at one time, and decided that was not fair. The problem was not that they changed it, the problem was that they used roster matching in the first place, and convinced an entire segment of the players that they deserved to win. In a competition, no one deserves to win.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,989 Guardian
    Bizaaro said:

Bizaaro said:

They should allow people to climb victory track ... especially when they are giving out compensation....matches above should be difficult..so people can get enough reward and they never will complaint

Except the compensation is for people who were in GC previously and got pushed down all the way to Gold 5....It's really not compensation for everyone although everyone can have access to it...
    Matter of fact it doesnt even feel like compensation, more like a shady used car salesman saying "How about I throw in a set of snow tires, during the summer"
    Good example...so only valiant players should play battleground
    I have two Cav alts, a mid Cav and a very low Cav account. They both do okay in Battlegrounds. They might not reach GC, but they get a ton of rewards from BG.

This "only Valiant players should play BG" complaint is honestly borderline insulting. The problem is not that lower players cannot compete. The problem is they eventually run into competition stronger than they are. And I think that most players understand and are fine with that. It is only a small percentage of entitled players who think the game revolves around them that make this complaint. No matter how strong your account is, you're going to have an advantage against some accounts, you're going to be roughly equal roster against a bunch of accounts, and you're going to be at a significant disadvantage to many others. That's how competition works.

Battlegrounds is for players who can accept that. Who can win when they can, lose when they must, and try to get better at it over time. That's Uncollected players, that's Cavs, that's Paragons and even Valiants. If the game is only for you if you win, then BG is not for you. And you're five years old.