**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

BG points farming

Comments

• Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 367 ★★★
    What' the goal for the players who are upset with matching bigger accounts? Is it to finish up VT? Is it the solo milestones? Score high on the solo event? Genuinely curious because your end goal has a direct impact how you view the state of BG's.

We've seen a ton of tweaks to make the game mode fun for everyone. The majority of the feedback is that BG's are fun because of the matchmaking. If they designed a system where you only matched against similar level players, they'd need to develop rewards based on your roster size. Sort of like incursions where your team PI dictates which sector you can enter.

I don't think this will even be an option. Given enough time, the VT thins out and allows lower accounts to progress. Some even make it into GC. Kudos to them for grinding it out. BG's rewards you for both skill and the roster that you've built. Sure it can be done with time or money, but more importantly, the time we've invested in the game over the years.
  • Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 389 ★★

Point farming is still an issue. However, as others have said with the switch to +2 medals for a win, it's not nearly as large of an issue. It means for every win, a farmer will have to lose twice. Put another way, for every medal they take away from other players doing this, they now give 4 medals away for free. That's very different than the 1:1 ratio we had before this recent change.

It is still something we are looking at but definitely won't negative impact the experience of other players as much moving forward.

Great point!
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,631 ★★★
    edited June 25

Point farming is still an issue. However, as others have said with the switch to +2 medals for a win, it's not nearly as large of an issue. It means for every win, a farmer will have to lose twice. Put another way, for every medal they take away from other players doing this, they now give 4 medals away for free. That's very different than the 1:1 ratio we had before this recent change.

It is still something we are looking at but definitely won't negative impact the experience of other players as much moving forward.

Hello Kabam Crashed, yes this is happening. But some Paragons and Valiants here insist not.

Maybe you from the Team choosing another place for the Magnetron Crystal, would solve this. Because these accounts wanna easy fights on BG to get that. And your great idea to get to GC quick wont be ruined.
  • Options
    edited June 25

Hello Kabam Crashed, yes this is happening. But some Paragons and Valiants here insist not.

Maybe you from the Team choosing another place for the Magnetron Crystal, would solve this. Because these accounts wanna easy fights on BG to get that. And your great idea to get to GC quick wont be ruined.
    And, Kabam Crashed, the ones that clicked on Disagree, are the guys that want to farm the Magnetron Crystal on BG and lose on purpose.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,438 ★★★★★

And, Kabam Crashed, the ones that clicked on Disagree, are the guys that want to farm the Magnetron Crystal on BG and lose on purpose.
    So... We're not supposed to win 1 fight?
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,980 ★★★★★
    I don't see how this needs any attention. Like Kabam Crashed mentioned you need to quit out twice the number of matches then you had to before ,that's a lot of energy cost just going down the drain.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,193 ★★★★★
    It’s not a race to gc for me. I just want to do enough for the objectives every 2 days.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
    I'd like to know the rationale behind the solo milestones rather than a fixed point in the climb

My run has been fairly easy so far without really pushing but I don't normally push GC once i get there. I doubt I'll hit 300k unless I start losing lots of matches.

It seems counterintuitive that more matches played badly in VT results in better rewards than playing well.

• Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

I don't see how this needs any attention. Like Kabam Crashed mentioned you need to quit out twice the number of matches then you had to before ,that's a lot of energy cost just going down the drain.

I have heaps of QE to burn by this stage of the month and it costs nothing. Points farmers won't care about spending units on refills up until the point where the unit cost exceeds the value of the rewards.
  • Options
    WhiteKnightWhiteKnight Posts: 342 ★★★
    Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

PT_99 said:

There should be a points multiplier for Valaints, so if they want to farm points then do it in GC.

But that would punish Valiants who have no desire to push/play in the gladiator circuit
    Kinda sounds like you just wanna farm off small accounts... whether it's for solo objective or just the 3 wins every two days you're still farming.

There should be NO valiants not pushing into GC, thats literally the entire point the top players like us beat the little players into GC and that gives them a chance to get in themselves. You sat playing every other day and not bothering to actually get into GC is just selfish... don't get me wrong if you're not wkilled enough it's a different question but whether your in GC facing other valaints or VT getting wooped by TB it wouldn't make a difference u suppose
    You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about if you’re implying that simply playing a few times every few days is considered “farming”. If you don’t know what farming is, please stop using it.
    I mean you literally just admitted you have no desire to reach GC so you login every other day and play 3 matches against low level accounts because you're low in VT for thr milestones... how is that any different to farming solo points? 😂

Yeh maybe you don't purposely lose to stay low you just don't try and therefor don't go to high levels with everyone else and stay woth low level players which means you and every other larger account doing the same is stopping all the low level accounts from progressing... is this something you're proud of?

Dont get me wrong, getting into GC this season is a grind! I'm sat in diamond rn and I've been pushing abit it's just a lot of matches but I haven't matched any Paragons, literally everyone has had minimum 2/3 r3's some have 5/6 like me and the odd with 10 but not crushing on little accounts for little milestones to make myself feel better idk 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,372 ★★★★★

Siliyo said:

Siliyo said:

PT_99 said:

There should be a points multiplier for Valaints, so if they want to farm points then do it in GC.

But that would punish Valiants who have no desire to push/play in the gladiator circuit
    Kinda sounds like you just wanna farm off small accounts... whether it's for solo objective or just the 3 wins every two days you're still farming.

There should be NO valiants not pushing into GC, thats literally the entire point the top players like us beat the little players into GC and that gives them a chance to get in themselves. You sat playing every other day and not bothering to actually get into GC is just selfish... don't get me wrong if you're not wkilled enough it's a different question but whether your in GC facing other valaints or VT getting wooped by TB it wouldn't make a difference u suppose
    You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about if you’re implying that simply playing a few times every few days is considered “farming”. If you don’t know what farming is, please stop using it.
    I mean you literally just admitted you have no desire to reach GC so you login every other day and play 3 matches against low level accounts because you're low in VT for thr milestones... how is that any different to farming solo points? 😂

Yeh maybe you don't purposely lose to stay low you just don't try and therefor don't go to high levels with everyone else and stay woth low level players which means you and every other larger account doing the same is stopping all the low level accounts from progressing... is this something you're proud of?

Dont get me wrong, getting into GC this season is a grind! I'm sat in diamond rn and I've been pushing abit it's just a lot of matches but I haven't matched any Paragons, literally everyone has had minimum 2/3 r3's some have 5/6 like me and the odd with 10 but not crushing on little accounts for little milestones to make myself feel better idk 🤷‍♂️
    You seem to have misunderstood what farming actually means. Are you saying those alliances which do 1 loyalty revives AW are farming AW rewards? Some people just play casually for whatever reason they may have. Personal difficulties, lack of interest, shortage of time-whatever maybe the reason. They just do bare minimum in BG’s. Doesn’t mean they are deliberately farming wins.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,189 ★★★★★
    As Crashed said, farming is a thing, but it is not a thing that should be having a mass negative effect.

If we are trying to incentivize progress into the GC, we don’t need to get fancy with multipliers scaling over time. Just throw an extra trophy token objective in for GC wins. The faster you hit GC, the sooner you can start collecting on those tokens. Doesn’t have to be much, but those tokens are valuable enough that every little bit counts.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,037 ★★★★
    This has been on my mind and the solution seems so easy.

Simply raise points recieved for winning/completing matches in GC in the solo event and throw in some elder marks and/or trophy tokens for victories.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

This has been on my mind and the solution seems so easy.

Simply raise points recieved for winning/completing matches in GC in the solo event and throw in some elder marks and/or trophy tokens for victories.

I'm in agreement - slightly more solo points for completing GC matches and additional tokens for completing and winning GC matches in the 3-day objectives
  • Options
    CdjcdkjCdjcdkj Posts: 67
    Just make gladiator circuit wins and losses worth more it will motivated more players to advance and make it easier for lower accounts to advance with everyone push and getting out of victory track
  • Options

What?
    So easy to understand....lol

They win a fight to get the Mag Crystal

Then, lose 2 on purpose.

And the other "nobody asked you" guy, always doing fun with summoners below Paragon as if he was born Valiant.
    If this isnt progression shaming as a Summoner said to him, I don't know what may be. Respect in 1st place!

Well, when he fight a big whale , who will be the "poor guy"?
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,480 ★★★★★

What?
    So easy to understand....lol

They win a fight to get the Mag Crystal

Then, lose 2 on purpose.

And the other "nobody asked you" guy, always doing fun with summoners below Paragon as if he was born Valiant.
    If this isnt progression shaming as a Summoner said to him, I don't know what may be. Respect in 1st place!

Well, when he fight a big whale , who will be the "poor guy"?
    The game progression shames you by locking you out of content and rewards...
  • Options
    It's my option to complete acts or not. Im having fun with the game. Dozen of great new champs in my roster. Why to hurry on complete acts?

Mind yours...respect mine and others.

I will do on my own pace.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,571 ★★★★★

Weird take right here ^^
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,037 ★★★★

It's my option to complete acts or not. Im having fun with the game. Dozen of great new champs in my roster. Why to hurry on complete acts?

You're not wrong.

But it's also Kabam's option to discourage early progression levels from taking advantage of BGs as a means of acquiring and ranking champs that will make the other content too easy.
  • Options

I didn't say anything to you about progression until you mentioned it. Probably cause you were traumatized by something I said to you in the past.
    I just said it was pretty stupid to think people are farming those crystals because all it takes its 1 win every 48 hours. That is not the purpose of farming in BGs.
    You want your own pace, don't complain then since its your own choice.
    You should be respectful too by not talking about other stuff you don't even have access to too.
  • Options
    Lol....
    You're the one to be cautious in the forums with this bad behavior. Always being warned by the guardian to chill. As he did after yours "nobody asked you".

This is a forum where everyone can post your comments and thoughts but with respect. You do not command me or will censor me.

And if I said this happens on BG, it's because it happens.

Take care to not go to the same place as the "guy with nuts". But I can understand that at 16 , kids act like this.
  • Options

Lol....
    You're the one to be cautious in the forums with this bad behavior. Always being warned by the guardian to chill. As he did after yours "nobody asked you".

This is a forum where everyone can post your comments and thoughts but with respect. You do not command me or will censor me.

And if I said this happens on BG, it's because it happens.

Take care to not go to the same place as the "guy with nuts". But I can understand that at 16 , kids act like this.

Oh the nobody ask you thing... Yeah i remember, you were talking about some event you were locked from because you are Cav... Things that you wouldn't understand cause you can't play them .. still mad abour that uh?...
    Okok fine people treat you like a carrot in BGs
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    "Farming" is relative. Autorunning 3.2.6 hundreds of times to "farm" hundreds of revives OVER YEARS is one thing, and led to a systemic change. Assuming we're talking about bronze to gold 1 over 30 days, "farming" will yield 15 mag crystals and roughly 22,000 trophy tokens, or the equivalent of 2 featured 6*s OR 1500 7* shards. However, an account doing the bare minimum of 3 fights every 48 hrs, regardless of account size, can conceivably end up the same place a "farmer" would, given at most only 45 total matches to win 20. And, get the 15 mag crystals and tokens.

So, to sum up: