**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Just another nostalgic post.

MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 179 ★★
All you old timers out there that have been playing this game since the beginning, please share some of your memories or stories with us. Back in the day when 3 and 4*s dominated the realm.
I remember getting my first 4*. It was from a phc that had been dropped after an ambush fight. It was cosmic spidey and I was happy dang it!! Now a days these youngsters complain if they don't get a top tier champion out of a single crystal. To the void of the bottom of their champ list never to be seen or heard from again. They've become who we used to despise... the collector. Lmao

Comments

• Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,112 ★★★★★

A couple of weeks to form a t3cc.

5k prestige being decent roster.

ROL winter soldier being a real fight.

Struggling to finish master EQ.

When I could buy petrol for 50c a litre and a Monaro cost 5 grand.

When the only answer to rol Wolverine was a ramped 2* star lord.
  • Options
    JAYIRIJAYIRI Posts: 141
    edited June 28
    When I finally took down ROL WS for the first time with 4stars
    Emma frost, rogue, Elsa bloodstone, ghost and wasp were my team. Went into the match as tag team with rogue>Emma>wasp>Elsa finished him off.
    Posted it on a Facebook group back then and people cheered
    This was such a an accomplishment then as 500k hp was very hard to beat even with 6stars
  • Options
    Average_DesiAverage_Desi Posts: 240 ★★
    Buttehrs said:

A couple of weeks to form a t3cc.

5k prestige being decent roster.

ROL winter soldier being a real fight.

Struggling to finish master EQ.

When I could buy petrol for 50c a litre and a Monaro cost 5 grand.

When the only answer to rol Wolverine was a ramped 2* star lord.
    You mean 3* electro
  • Options
    edited June 28
    Not the oldest memory but my fondest is the Luke Cage Champion Challenge.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,847 ★★★★★
    My rol team was - 4* r4 domino, 5* r3 og gully, 4* r4 nick fury, 4* r3 elektra and 4* r4 starlord. Those were great times indeed.
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 868 ★★★
    How about the olden days when bases were "coming soon"?
  • Options
    KnucklezKnucklez Posts: 91
    edited June 28
    I’m one of those OG players. I started playing MCOC in December 2014 when the game launched. It was also good then, but very different compared to now.

Back then there was no War, no AQ, no champ awakened abilities, no synergies, and no alliances. The AI used to be fair then, but I’ll leave it at that for now lol.

There were only 20 champs or so, and anyone who had an awakened 4* Scarlet Witch was treated the same way as someone who had a 7* Onslaught now: they basically ‘won the video game’ as Seatin says.

When wars started, many players used maxed 2* defenders and r2 or r3 3* attackers (because it was still difficult to rank up 4* champs.

When you actually won the lottery and pulled a 4* champ from a PHC, there used to be an animation of the Collector in the background losing his mind lol. Dorky Dave was one of the biggest MCOC YouTubers at that time, and he even started a ‘PHC 4* counter’ to show how many PHCs he opened without pulling a 4* champ.

At that time champs like Colossus and Juggernaut were usually considered trash, and champs like Scarlet Witch, Thor, Dr Strange, and Black Widow were beyond OP.

Does anyone remember the first war map with annoying nodes like slashed tires (on which alliances often places Juggs) and thorns (which didn’t have many counters for other than OG Black Widow)?

Does anyone remember the ‘OG Perfect Block Team’? (I think it was Black Bolt, Mags, Luke Cage, CapWW2, and Iron Fist, but I can’t remember)

And before the Threat Level type of side quests we have now, we used to have a variety of really fun side quests (that were actually side quests), such as the OG Rocket’s Scrapyard, Gwenpool Goes To The Movies, and the Mutant Treasure Island side quests. Fun stuff to do…on the side. (We won’t talk about the second version of Rocket’s Scrapyard SQ lol)

The game has come a long way since then, and these are just some of the memories my ally members and I have.

Do you guys also remember these things about the early days of MCOC? Any other fun or interesting things I forgot to mention?
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,376 ★★★★★
    When my 4* hulk on boss node in AW would get 10-15 defender deaths and still be standing at the end of the war. And this was pre buff hulk. Those were the days.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,993 ★★★★★
    1v1 Quick match arena....

Ah, the days when they replaced the crystal they gave out with an exclusive 2* one with the special pool for the gate characters in the side quest and I did 50 matches one after another to try to get F***ing VTD for this one gate and had to open about 30 crystals to finally get him.

*SIGH*
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 3,324 ★★★★★
    Dr Strange, Thor and Scarlet Witch were the absolute best champs back then, no debate. Then, 12.0
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    edited June 29
    Basically my whole alliance were rocking a 3* UC as one of their top 5 champions right at the start. My first 4* was SIM then storm, SIM was my first r3 and r4 4* back then was an AQ monster with the regen as a learning player.

When 4* wolverine on recovery war node made the regeneration of modified health change entirely because he was a road block.
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 955 ★★★
    First 4* was Hulk (pre buff).
    Didn’t get along with one dude in first alliance and he’d destroy him with his black panther and taunt me with screenshots of it lol.
  • Options
    The_Boss253The_Boss253 Posts: 88
    I’m not sure if this is super OG, but I remember the time, I think 2016 or 2017, and I had just come home from school and my dad had run through Realm of Legends for me. It was awesome, I was so excited with my 3 knew 4* champions, even though they wouldn’t matter in the long run. We still play together every night and we still share a name.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,726 ★★★★

1v1 Quick match arena....

Ah, the days when they replaced the crystal they gave out with an exclusive 2* one with the special pool for the gate characters in the side quest and I did 50 matches one after another to try to get F***ing VTD for this one gate and had to open about 30 crystals to finally get him.

*SIGH*

Yes, that 1v1 arena...and I think some of the prizes was the time (bolt) for quest.
  • Options
    here's another nostalgia hit...

when you got a champ to the top of the rank and needed cats and they'd immediately go to the top of the champion vault irrespective of PI or whatever making it so much easier to find them without needing to filter!
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,233 ★★★★★
    AW s1 was lit imo
    3 months long and rewards were awesome at that time
  • Options
    Remember mmxiv ?
  • Options

Remember mmxiv ?

2014?
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    edited June 30

Remember mmxiv ?

2014?
    I'm assuming he means the alliance of brutal and co

This also may be comedy and it went over my head
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 913 ★★★
    Oh. Scarlet Witch. Pre nerf. 4*. And the three star combo team that got us all through that wolverine bottleneck. I spent 3 hrs beating that wolverine with a 3* doctor strange. It was...insane.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,513 ★★★★★

Remember mmxiv ?

I do.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,513 ★★★★★
    Anyone else remember when alliances were changing their in game tags to combinations of "IlIl" so we couldn't figure out who they were to duel them.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,847 ★★★★★
    I really miss the hidden nodes in aw.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 688 ★★★
    Sunspot was my first 5/65, and I played every AQ with him, Warlock and Mephisto, nice synergy back then.

Warlock got me Cav btw, finally got through the Crossbones bottleneck, after wasting thousands of units on the Vision offer, he didn't work on CB 😅
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 5,112 ★★★★★

Remember mmxiv ?

2014?
    Or Gencer. First player to hit 1 mil rating if I recall correctly.