**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

It's Conspiracy Theory Time

JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,757 ★★★
edited July 1 in General Discussion
So, in Avengers Endgame, Doctor Strange said that there was only 1 reality in which they would win. That got me thinking. A lot.

As some of you may know, the TV series Avengers Agents of Shield was originally set in the main MCU timeline. But because of communication issues and some other stuff, in the show, thanos lost first time round ,(presumably infinity war). That presents a big continuity error so know they just put it as two different timelines within the MCU. But doesn't that mean that Dr Strange was wrong Then?

Either Dr Strange was wrong about only 1 possible win, he was right and for some reason Agents of Shield and Main MCU timeline is the same somehow, or at a certain point, something happened where somehow all future events didn't happen. Lemme explain

For example, when Dr Strange went against Dormammu, Dormmammu did some mind control thing where he made Dr Strange think he won when really he is in a comatose state or smth like that. Of course if Marvel did anything like this, me and every other fan would kill them.

Also in Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness we saw that Dr Strange beat Thanos there.

And in What If Vision with infinity stones annihilated him.

What are your thoughts on this?

Comments

• Options
    Another theory is that Dr Strange was really a Skull or some weird dead plot like that
  • Options
    Did some quick research apparently aos just ignored the snap
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,043 Guardian
    When you face superior Kang in 7.4.6, he mentions that Dr strange looked through only a measly 14 million timelines while he looked through all of them. Also there could be many that win, but that was probably the first one he found that he was happy with. He probably wasn't happy with any other time where they win but he dies.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,226 ★★★★★
    Why didn't every Avengers and their buddies pounced on Thanos instead of posing after entering through each portal and fighting foot soldiers?? Are they stoopid?

And why antman and his gf didn't just drove their silly van to safety instead of letting Thanos destroy the time machine and in turn forcing Tony to sacrifice, lol ded.

And why didn't Scarlett witch didn't try to rip apart Thanos again after getting blasted by rockets from air? Is she Stooopid?

So you see, there are lots of why not and what if? In the end it's just a movie and there can't be why and why nots in 2:30 hours of avg run time.

• Options
    Very good points, thx for the insight
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,581 ★★★★★

If we’re being honest though it was just a a cheesy line to try and add some drama lol.

🖕
    This is probably the best explanation.

Another is: Strange is an egotist who thinks he knows best in any given situation, so he basically just made that **** up so that people would be more-or-less forced to do what he wanted; since no-one there could prove he was just bull****ing.
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 548 ★★
    My theory on the whole endgame, is that iron man is coming back, through the TVA just live Wolverine is coming back in Deadpool 3.
  • Options
    M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Posts: 168 ★★
    I like the Dormammu putting Strange in a coma idea and everything that takes place after that movie is just a Strange dream.

Kind of like how Picard is still stuck in the Nexus, and everything after Generations is his Nexus fantasy.

And how several coma seasons of Archer were completely unnecessary for the overall story.

Nothing like wasting everyone's time!
  • Options

My theory on the whole endgame, is that iron man is coming back, through the TVA just live Wolverine is coming back in Deadpool 3.

That would ruin his sacrifice imo, then tbh I never liked it in the first place
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,986 ★★★★★
    Agents of SHIELD took place in an alternate timeline after they went into the future and then came back to stop Graviton. The subsequent seasons were not in the same timeline any more.
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 548 ★★

That would ruin his sacrifice imo, then tbh I never liked it in the first place
    Same
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,665 ★★★
    If they didn't nerfed Hulk and Vision to give more space to Cap, IM and all others the movie may have ended in 30 minutes.

Also,the powerfull Captain Marvel only appears (at the real fight) in very last Endgame moments.

So , both movies were sucessfull with some minutes for everyone.

About Agents of Shield series, the discussion at that time was Coulson died in Avengers 2012 and to Marvel it was sacred.
    He returned on Cap Marvel but as a Younger Coulson.

But he was needed for Agents of Shield story and success.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 3,089 ★★★★
    Actually are Agents of Shield, Inhumans and the other shows considered canon or not?
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 624 ★★★

Agents of SHIELD took place in an alternate timeline after they went into the future and then came back to stop Graviton. The subsequent seasons were not in the same timeline any more.

This makes the most sense to me, if their timelines split before the snap, then Dr Strange would never look at those timelines, he only would look at all the possibilities starting from where he was right then.
  • Options
    JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,434 ★★★★

So, in Avengers Endgame, Doctor Strange said that there was only 1 reality in which they would win. That got me thinking. A lot.

As some of you may know, the TV series Avengers Agents of Shield was originally set in the main MCU timeline. But because of communication issues and some other stuff, in the show, thanos lost first time round ,(presumably infinity war). That presents a big continuity error so know they just put it as two different timelines within the MCU. But doesn't that mean that Dr Strange was wrong Then?

Either Dr Strange was wrong about only 1 possible win, he was right and for some reason Agents of Shield and Main MCU timeline is the same somehow, or at a certain point, something happened where somehow all future events didn't happen. Lemme explain

For example, when Dr Strange went against Dormammu, Dormmammu did some mind control thing where he made Dr Strange think he won when really he is in a comatose state or smth like that. Of course if Marvel did anything like this, me and every other fan would kill them.

Also in Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness we saw that Dr Strange beat Thanos there.

And in What If Vision with infinity stones annihilated him.

What are your thoughts on this?

That’s Marvel has really bad writers

• Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,489 ★★★★★
    edited July 2

If we’re being honest though it was just a a cheesy line to try and add some drama lol.

Strange is an egotist who thinks he knows best in any given situation, so he basically just made that **** up so that people would be more-or-less forced to do what he wanted; since no-one there could prove he was just bull****ing.
    Off topic
    Eyyoo. We have couple DrStrnage in forums too.
  • Options
    Strawhat11Strawhat11 Posts: 27
    Honestly I like your theory. But this post just reminded me how their is no good Doctor strange in the game unless you count symbiote supreme i always thought it was a missed opportunity to add the Dr strange from multiverse of madness but maybe there was a reason to it.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,986 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Actually are Agents of Shield, Inhumans and the other shows considered canon or not?

Inhumans, definitely not. AOS, don't think so. Don''t think the Hulu shows Runaways and Cloak and Dagger are. The Netflix ones seem to be at least in broad strokes. Daredevil exists, he's fought Kingpin, but details may vary. Need to wait for the Born Again series to see how much that explains. IIRC, though, they've all been added to the MCU timeline on Disney+ after previously being on 'Marvel Legacy' along with the FoX-Men movies.
  • Options
    L
    EdisonLaw said:

Lots of the stuff like agents of shield , inhumans runaways are technically within the MCU just probably not the main timeline if you think about it in TVA terms.We have seen some hints like the Roxxon corporation which has appeared in everything in the photo im posting