Saga Incursions “correction”

VeraxesVeraxes Member Posts: 10
So I don’t see a lot of people talking about this but I think this needs some further discussion. Yesterday for the launch of the new saga sector in incursions there was a pretty awful bug that affected a lot of people, myself included. Based on what I’ve been seeing and what kabam had directly stated about incursions, the reward payouts for the rooms were bugged. Anyone who played sector 6 got the saga sector rewards and anyone who played the saga sector itself got nothing. I made a post in the “bug reports” section of the discord and kabam pinwheel was very helpful in trying to sort things out for me and several others who weren’t getting rewards. After a bit of time the game teamed fixed the bug and rewards were properly given but ONLY for new runs, meaning if anyone was in the middle of one, they had to restart. I can’t speak for everyone but I did ALL 15 zones for the saga sector and by the time the fix was implemented, I was already in room 3 which was fine, I could do another run later for rooms 1 and 2. You see, as far as my game was concerned, the rewards were back but I got NOTHING once I was finished. I’m not the only one who had this issue. Now I wouldn’t be bringing this up or talking about it further IF kabam were to give out the rewards to everyone who did the content but got screwed because of THEIR mess up. But what happened? We got a worthless batch of potions as “compensation” and that’s apparently it? Are you kidding? Kabam, I’d really like to know how you think it’s fair that those of us like me who already did the content and got screwed are forced to do it AGAIN while there were players who did SECTOR 6, which is EASIER since you can use any champions you want and they got the saga rewards? This is really an awful response from you guys if I’m being honest. Especially since kabam pinwheel had stated to me and a couple others personally to submit a ticket to have our rewards restored to us and then nothing happened? I’d really like some clarification on this whole thing because if the potion “compensation” we got is all we’re getting, then that’s completely unacceptable on your part. Any kabam employees that can help me and everyone else that got screwed by this bug? I’m attaching some photos with my incursions score that shows I did the content and a screenshot of pinwheel telling us that we SHOULD be getting our rewards sent to us.

Comments

• VeraxesVeraxes Member Posts: 10
    Side note, if the potions and revives we got weren’t the only compensation we’re getting then I’ll stand corrected but I have already received an email in response to my support ticket and it was pretty vague on whether or not the “correction” we received was all we’re getting or not
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,222 ★★★★★
    Good god my eyes
  • SquammoSquammo Member Posts: 523 ★★★
    I am not planning on going in again until next week, when we get the SOS gauntlet, so that I don’t have to change my masteries twice, so I will wait to get a statement from dork regarding this. I should be entirely possible for them to find out who did room 15 and send out those rewards. I’m usually someone who likes taking screenshots of things like being in the last room and rewards I got, but of course this time I didn’t, otherwise I’d have sent them to support already, although it doesn’t seem it would do much of a difference right now.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,786 ★★★★★

Kane said:

This compensation ain't gonna cut it
    I spent my personal resources and units this is nowhere close.
    Can we tag a mod please

Respectfully, wouldn't you have noticed that you weren't getting the rewards? Why would you continue to spend personal resources if you weren't getting rewards?

Note: I didn't do Incursions until after the bug, so I don't know if maybe it LOOKED like you were getting the rewards, but I was under the impression that no rewards were showing up (as in the zone rewards screen was empty)
    Correct rewards dont show up so its more of the thing of probs tapping continue without looking and noticing also why did op use units than just keep retrying as cooldown was 5 mins theres no reason to try and use units
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,222 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

Kane said:

Can we tag a mod please

Respectfully, wouldn't you have noticed that you weren't getting the rewards? Why would you continue to spend personal resources if you weren't getting rewards?

Note: I didn't do Incursions until after the bug, so I don't know if maybe it LOOKED like you were getting the rewards, but I was under the impression that no rewards were showing up (as in the zone rewards screen was empty)
    Correct rewards dont show up so its more of the thing of probs tapping continue without looking and noticing also why did op use units than just keep retrying as cooldown was 5 mins theres no reason to try and use units
    The thing was that NO rewards were showing up. At all. It was blank. I realized it after doing zone 1 and then stopped to wait to see if it was a bug

Kane said:

Can we tag a mod please

Yeah they weren’t showing up at first but after pinwheel told us that the fix went through, they did start showing up on the screen. So I just kept playing. Wasn’t until after I was done that I checked and surely enough, no rewards

Kane said:

Can we tag a mod please

They showed up normally for me room after room. Yet I did not get anything once I ahead finished.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,577 ★★★★★
    I ain't reading all that. Anyone got a tldr?
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 431 ★★★
    Buttehrs said:

I ain't reading all that. Anyone got a tldr?

Incursions done. But no rewards.
  • MCoC_fanMCoC_fan Member Posts: 110
    Maybe not the best place to ask. But is the saga incursions going to reset? I mean will we able to get the rewards for sector 7 rooms 1 - 15 next week again? Or is this a one and done situation?
    MCoC_fan said:

Maybe not the best place to ask. But is the saga incursions going to reset? I mean will we able to get the rewards for sector 7 rooms 1 - 15 next week again? Or is this a one and done situation?

No reset.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,893 ★★★★★
    I have no idea what bug they were addressing. And I consider myself fairly aware of game things.

At this stage, they could tell me it’s added apology for 12.0 and I would just shrug and drop it into stash. It seems like there’s a stream of things requiring redress that never gets shorter.

Dr. Zola
  • IlociaMIlociaM Member Posts: 107
    Thanks to the free revives they sent my I finish my sector 7 run completely free thanks kabam love you 🥰🥰
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,254 Guardian
    DrZola said:

I have no idea what bug they were addressing. And I consider myself fairly aware of game things.

If you haven’t seen the various posts up here, it is because the rewards (aka, Magnetron, shards, etc) for the special Saga Sector 7 were instead being given out for doing Sector 6 instead.
    And nothing was given out while doing Saga Sector.

Corrected, and sent potions for people who may (or may not) have spent potions when doing Saga Sector when it was broke.

——
    As for the different messages put out by Kabam support, conveyors of info, or mods, etc.
    The phrase “should be able to” is not unequivocally the same as a guaranteed “will be provided” that some people read that to mean.

They may have decided to go this route of Potions instead.
  • Abc123Abc123 Member Posts: 4
    I just got an email from support saying they are not giving out missing rewards to those who completed their zone 15 runs right away.

I’ll need to re-run the incursions to get the rewards…
    Sorry everyone, just caught up on all the messages. I’ve already had contact with kabam pinwheel about the situation and he apologized for speaking too soon on the subject before getting any word from the game team. He was just trying to keep everyone in the loop, it was a confusing situation, I don’t blame him. Unfortunately all of us that got screwed by the bug by doing the saga sector have to play it again (already redid my run). Pinwheel did say that my and others feedback was definitely heard. I just hope this doesn’t happen too often going forward (I don’t really have any faith that it won’t happen again, it definitely will). If any other kabam team members read this please, please I know you guys have a lot on your plate and the community can be pretty harsh sometimes but the amount of anti player bugs has been super apparent and has really started to affect more and more people everyday, I even got parried from a HEAVY attack in BG’s. Sorry for the long messages/posts but I just have so many things to say. Thank you to everyone who commented and read my initial post

• Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Member Posts: 996 ★★★
    DrZola said:

At this stage, they could tell me it’s added apology for 12.0 and I would just shrug and drop it into stash. It seems like there’s a stream of things requiring redress that never gets shorter.

Dr. Zola

I have 12.0 trauma at least once a year lol and we should still be compensated bi yearly for this until the end of the games life imo.....that was literally the equivalent of them coming out in the next update and saying Herc, Hulkling, cgr, doom, and kingpin aren't going to work going forward .. ....sorry
  • Yami_sukehiro089Yami_sukehiro089 Member Posts: 1
    I agree that “incursions compensation” they sent out was weak as heck meanwhile folks who did sector 6 while this bug was active got to use whichever champions they wanted and also still got the rewards for sector 7 it’s completely unfair to be honest and that “compensation” was weak going forward I won’t be spending not even a dollar on this mobile game anymore it’s completely ridiculous
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,254 Guardian
    Looking back at the very top here, at exact wording (which is hard to do in that wall of text).

Sounds like when reported as bugged on Discord, and Pinwheel was replying back (submit a Support Request, etc”, as attached pic from Discord shows).

That was probably all BEFORE they fixed the bug and issued compensation.

Then they're turning that into saying Pinwheel said they should get the missing rewards, in addition to the other stuff, as if it was “after the fact” of what Kabam had done ?