Tune up suggestion: The Destroyer

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,119 ★★★★★
edited July 14 in Suggestions and Requests
So about Destroyer. I really like this character, being an enchanted, sentient armor by Odin. But I feel like he doesn't do enough to be on par with the other top mystics. Like compared to The Serpent, Destroyer never really made an impact in the game. I feel like he needs a faster ramp up and to be able to destroy more buffs

Note: The bolded parts are the ones I added or changed with his kit.

Tune Up: The Destroyer

Always Active
The Destroyer is a magical non-magnetic construct Immune to Slow, Armor Break, Poison, and Bleed. Additionally, the Salve and Willpower Masteries are disabled.
The Destroyer is a killing machine devoid of emotions, it is Immune to Infuriate and Intimidate effects.
All Attacks Destroy any Indestructible, Immortality, Unblockable and Unstoppable Buffs on the Opponent, replacing them with Rubble Buffs that last 15 seconds.
When the Destroyer attacks the opponent’s block, Destroy one of their Armor Up, Precision, Fury, Aptitude and Cruelty Buffs and replace it with a Rubble Buff (1 second cooldown)

When the Opponent gains a Buff while attacking the Destroyer’s Block, Destroy one of their newest Buffs and replace it with a Rubble Buff.

Magically Enchanted Armor
The Destroyer is Passively Unstoppable while Dashing towards the Opponent, plus 0.5 seconds after. If struck while Dashing and Unstoppable, this effect goes on cooldown for 15 seconds or until the Opponent gains 3 Buffs.
While the Opponent has an active Buff, gain a Protection Passive, reducing damage taken by 5% for each Buff, to a max of 5 Buffs.
Destruction Charges - Max: 100
Gain 2 Destruction Charges when Immunity to Armor Break triggers, when the Opponent gains a Buff, when a Buff is Destroyed, or fails to gain a Buff due to Buff Immunity. Gaining Charges from Buff Immunity can only trigger once every 1.5 seconds.
Gain 5 Destruction Charges when landing a medium ending combo
Intercepting the Opponent and when Punishing a Heavy or Special Attack grants 3 more charges (8 in total).
Lose 1 Charge when inflicted with a non-Damaging Debuff other than Stun.
Every 25 Charges, gain a Fury Passive granting +1601.6 Attack Rating for 20 seconds. These Passives refresh on a Special Attack 3 or when the Opponent is knocked down. Max stacks: 4.
When reaching 100 Charges, consume them and gain a Power Gain Passive, granting 4 Bars of Power over 10 seconds. While this Power Gain is active, the Destroyer cannot gain new Charges.

Special Attack 1 - Crushing Strike
Each attack grants 10 Destruction Charges on a Hit, Block, or Whiff. If the Opponent Dodges the attack with the Dexterity Mastery or a Dexterity replacement, no Charges are gained. As a Defender, gain 15 Charges instead.
The final hit is Passively Unblockable and inflicts a non-stacking Hinder Debuff of 75% potency for 20 seconds. If the Opponent is against the wall, all hits are Unblockable.

Special Attack 2 - Visor Blast
The first hit pauses any Degeneration effects for 10 seconds.
The Destroyer is Passively Unblockable during the final 3 hits.
The final hit deals a burst of X Direct Damage, but its potency is increased by 200% against an Opponent suffering from Degeneration.

Special Attack 3 - Mega Visor Blast
Inflicts a Degeneration Passive, dealing X Direct Damage over 15 seconds.
Gain an non-stacking Energize Passive of 33% Potency for 10 seconds, paused during the Destroyer’s Special Attacks. While this Passive is active, Special Attack 3 cannot be activated and Specials 1 and 2 grant no Power to the Opponent.
Gain an Unblockable Buff for 6 seconds.

Signature ability: Ultimate Asgardian Weapon
The Destroyer’s personal Power Gain pauses while at 3 Bars of Power. While any Power Gain effect is active, Special Attack 3 damage is increased by 50%.
The Protection Passive potency from Magically Enchanted Armor is increased by a flat 5% per Buff.
When struck, inflict an instant Rupture dealing 40% of the damage prevented by personal Protection as Physical Damage, to a max of 1601.6 Damage. This Rupture also Destroys an Indestructible, Unstoppable, Unblockable or Immortality Buff on the Opponent.

Comments

• ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    I'm not familiar with his kit but I do know the most common complaints are insane damage, garbage ramp so that should definitely be looked at. I doubt it'll happen though, if he gets buffed then 90% of the new champs should get buffed too but so far, they're just letting them be mid lol
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,119 ★★★★★

I'm not familiar with his kit but I do know the most common complaints are insane damage, garbage ramp so that should definitely be looked at. I doubt it'll happen though, if he gets buffed then 90% of the new champs should get buffed too but so far, they're just letting them be mid lol

Yeah that's what I've heard so far, but who knows, champs that were mid last year did get buffed. Anyways, I fixed the ramp by making him gain charges on MLLM combos as well as intercepts
  • DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 329 ★★★
    Looks like the OP pull him from Titan crystal and not happy about it lol

Looks like the OP pull him from Titan crystal and not happy about it lol

No I only have a 3 star but I have seen plenty of gameplay
  • PremiumnovaPremiumnova Member Posts: 5
    I kinda feel that his damage is perfect for battle ground type health pools but usually by the time you ramp up, it’s too late since it takes a while. He ramps up really fast when the opponent gains a lot of buffs. I don’t think they will buff him because if you observe, a lot of the champs are being tuned down in terms of their offense. Most likely due to them releasing as a 7*. If you over do it, it might lead to a 7* herc type situation which can be catastrophic for the game . The only time they’re buffing them is when they’re basically utter garbage. Destroyer is pretty stable rn.

I kinda feel that his damage is perfect for battle ground type health pools but usually by the time you ramp up, it’s too late since it takes a while. He ramps up really fast when the opponent gains a lot of buffs. I don’t think they will buff him because if you observe, a lot of the champs are being tuned down in terms of their offense. Most likely due to them releasing as a 7*. If you over do it, it might lead to a 7* herc type situation which can be catastrophic for the game . The only time they’re buffing them is when they’re basically utter garbage. Destroyer is pretty stable rn.

Yeah but this is not a big change to his kit
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    I don’t think he needs a better way of building charges, that seems plenty fast to me in ideal matches, especially if the changes to his he handles buffs OP proposes are made. We saw this in the VT meta where he was amazing. More dynamic ways to deal with buffs will actually solve the ramp issue and make him very usable
    edited July 14
    BigBlueOx said:

I don’t think he needs a better way of building charges, that seems plenty fast to me in ideal matches, especially if the changes to his he handles buffs OP proposes are made. We saw this in the VT meta where he was amazing. More dynamic ways to deal with buffs will actually solve the ramp issue and make him very usable

Like something I suggested was that every time he destroys a buff, he gains charges. And the more buffs he can destroy, the faster he can ramp. He is a destroyer after all
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    His ramp up needs to change, it takes way too long to get going

Also I noticed that even the rotation for short fights is either too long in some matchups, or it isn't enough to KO. Meanwhile the long fight rotation also takes some time as well

I believe Kabam make him as an annoy defender more, which he is now, so there is no reason to tune him up
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★

I believe Kabam make him as an annoy defender more, which he is now, so there is no reason to tune him up
    He’s not primarily a defender. He’s good in some metas on defense but any science cooks him

Also Kabam does buff champs if the community feels they aren't good enough, like Sandman and Shocker, Gladiator, etc

I think he was intended to be a dual threat

He's not an annoying defender, his kit is meh. The BGs metas have been supercharging him on defense but the kit itself is meh.

He's not an annoying defender, his kit is meh. The BGs metas have been supercharging him on defense but the kit itself is meh.
    I still don’t know how to stop his crazy power gain
    edited July 15

Try to bait out and dex the sp2. The sp1 grants him the charges which leads to the power gain when at 100 charges. Or, use a champ with many non-damaging debuffs to remove charges. Or, use a power control champion, like champs with petrify, wither, power drain, power lock, etc.
    edited July 15

Either bait sp2 or kill him before power gain triggers. Normally you can do this with most champs the issue is the last metas supercharged him really hard either because you gained a ton of prowess buffs and he basically became immortal + thorns, or gave him a ton of power gain which allowed him to throw multiple sp1s before you could kill him. Outside of these though he's really not that good of a defender and you can usually kill him before the power gain goes off even if you bait sp1s only.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,042 ★★★

He's absolutely not mid, just situational