Hey kabam! Bg isnt super fun for accts like mine

I just want you to know i am suffering facing accounts with 2x or 3x my ratings and ive used 5 victory shield's!! Surely theres a way to get these stacked accounts out of my face so i can have a fair and actually enjoyable matchup, i love bgs alot to so what a shame.

Comments

• Cuber2906Cuber2906 Posts: 130
    even i have a smaller account and yes even ive had bad losing streaks ( last week i had 12+ lose streak 3 times ) . but as my focus was only getting diamond 1 for the 7* , it has also been tough but also enjoyable for me as the morale boost i got frm winning one match after multiple losses was enuf to keep grinding. i am diamond 2 atm and trying for diamond one since last week. u will keep getting bigger opponents but now it will be easier as most of the bigger accounts are in gc/vibranium so if ur goal is diamond one then nows a gud time.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 791 ★★★

Also, you shouldn't forfeit no matter how overmatched the rosters are. I just lost due to my own fault against someone who was running a few 5* in their deck whilst I have all 7r3, r3 and 5ra. Stuff happens.

What’s wrong with forfeiting? there no consequences for doing so. I forfeit against opponents that I know I don’t have a chance of winning.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★

Also, you shouldn't forfeit no matter how overmatched the rosters are. I just lost due to my own fault against someone who was running a few 5* in their deck whilst I have all 7r3, r3 and 5ra. Stuff happens.

What’s wrong with forfeiting? there no consequences for doing so. I forfeit against opponents that I know I don’t have a chance of winning.
    It "seems" like if forfeit, the game tries to match back with same strength. That is how it "feels" for me.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,285 ★★★★★

Sometimes even if it looks like a guaranteed lose. Your opponent can go afk and you can win. Or his game can crash and you can win or they get massive input problems and you can win. Or they are unlucky and do a few mistakes and you can win. You never know untill you try. I myself have 3 r3 7*s and I had to face a whale with like 10? i believe. And I still won. If the accounts are stacked. Just give it your best.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 4,053 ★★★★★

I'm pretty sure I stated it in my post with an example (in Gamma 2 even). If you're complaining about not being able to win and progress, then you shouldn't be forfeiting but trying ever match. Stuff happens.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,328 ★★★★★
    Maybe... just maybe... You shouldn't be in Diamond. You'll seed more correctly next season. =)
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,653 ★★★★★
    I just going say it lagspiker got gc with a smaill account. Obviously he has a lot of knowledge. For the game it gotten to show how far skill also stil relevant for battle ground.

I'm pretty sure I stated it in my post with an example (in Gamma 2 even). If you're complaining about not being able to win and progress, then you shouldn't be forfeiting but trying ever match. Stuff happens.
    Just like to you it’s not fun getting matched up against opponents that is 2 to 3 time stronger then me and the defensive nodes makes them 5 times worse. So I weather forfeit and find a different opponent.
  • LexSaviLexSavi Posts: 214

The main problem is that you don’t get any points for the match at all in the solo event. At least a loss gets you some.
    LexSavi said:

The main problem is that you don’t get any points for the match at all in the solo event. At least a loss gets you some.
    375 points is no big lost.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 4,053 ★★★★★

Just like to you it’s not fun getting matched up against opponents that is 2 to 3 time stronger then me and the defensive nodes makes them 5 times worse. So I weather forfeit and find a different opponent.
    In plat I faced the #1 summoner rating who is also a content creator. He crushed me. But it was still fun.

In plat I faced the #1 summoner rating who is also a content creator. He crushed me. But it was still fun.
    I got to plat 3 by forfeiting.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,725 ★★★★★

@Foxhero007 Forfeiting loses you the point you could gain in the solo and alliance events. You get points when you lose, but not when you forfeit.
    Will3808 said:

@Foxhero007 Forfeiting loses you the point you could gain in the solo and alliance events. You get points when you lose, but not when you forfeit.
    so I lose 375 points for solo and 435 for alliance it’s not like my alliance care anyway. I rather lose points that get me nowhere then playing a losing battle
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,398 ★★★★

Will3808 said:

so I lose 375 points for solo and 435 for alliance it’s not like my alliance care anyway. I rather lose points that get me nowhere then playing a losing battle
    You’re losing out on Energy or Elder Marks, as well as wasting a Victory shield if you’ve activated it.

Those points might not seem like a lot but they add up. Its like why some players didn’t think 750 7* shards a day for Valiant players was any good compared to the rare chance of pulling 5000 7* shards from a daily crystal.
  • LokxLokx Posts: 1,194 ★★★★
    I can understand the issue to a extent if i’m being honest. While the game mode is supposed to be competitive, so as it is makes sense in terms of intention and the reward value.

I think it would be nice to have a different queue set up. Similar to most competitive games, you have a casual queue mode. Which i don’t think will solve a lot of the issue as people will be reward hungry and the concept of casual queue is more for non reward based fun. But it’s just a fun thought i’d like to try. You could obviously just find a friend to play against but the essence of a queue is that you can fight someone you don’t have to seek out personally.
    altavista said:

Will3808 said:

You’re losing out on Energy or Elder Marks, as well as wasting a Victory shield if you’ve activated it.

Those points might not seem like a lot but they add up. Its like why some players didn’t think 750 7* shards a day for Valiant players was any good compared to the rare chance of pulling 5000 7* shards from a daily crystal.
    I’ll still be wasting energy, elder marks and victory shields if I fight an opponent that I know I don’t stand a chance against.

Yes the point add up but not fast enough to make a difference and you get way more for winning anyway.
  • OrtounOrtoun Posts: 741 ★★★

You get no points towards the solo and alliance events if you quit, so you are potentially lossing out on milestone and rank rewards.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 12,187 Guardian
    Ortoun said:

You get no points towards the solo and alliance events if you quit, so you are potentially lossing out on milestone and rank rewards.
    Has already been mentioned.

But Fox’s was not even the original poster here, so had to read a ways to get to their comment, could read a bit more to see that explanation has already been offered to them.

And FoxHero has indicated (also in other BG threads) that they don’t care about Solo/Ally points, so just let them do as they want.

Knowing the Solo/Ally points, they still want to race thru many matches rapid fire, in hopes of getting 2 in a row against similar or lower opponents (or 3 out of 4 matches, if they are in a 5 medal level). So be it.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,398 ★★★★

Ortoun said:

Has already been mentioned.

But Fox’s was not even the original poster here, so had to read a ways to get to their comment, could read a bit more to see that explanation has already been offered to them.

And FoxHero has indicated (also in other BG threads) that they don’t care about Solo/Ally points, so just let them do as they want.

Knowing the Solo/Ally points, they still want to race thru many matches rapid fire, in hopes of getting 2 in a row against similar or lower opponents (or 3 out of 4 matches, if they are in a 5 medal level). So be it.
    Oh and forfeiting also doesn’t count towards the “Complete 3 matches” objectives.

But yes, if a player doesn’t care about Solo points, and plays enough matched where they’ll complete their objectives, then yes forfeiting does save some time. I’ve had matches where I’m just trying to complete the completion objective since I got KO’d in 15 seconds, and waiting takes forever.
  • obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 909 ★★★

Are you in an alliance? By forfeiting you're gaining no points for either your BG solo event or your alliance's BG event. To earn any points you need to complete matches. Forfeiting isn't completing. So yeah there kind of are consequences.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,597 ★★★★★
    This isn't the first time, whenever they decide to add more ranks the seeding gets messed up. They literally announced it last month yet couldn't test it before releasing it. 🤦‍♂️
    obsidiman said:

Are you in an alliance? By forfeiting you're gaining no points for either your BG solo event or your alliance's BG event. To earn any points you need to complete matches. Forfeiting isn't completing. So yeah there kind of are consequences.
    Yes I’m in an alliance. 2 of my alliance mate are doing to same as me only playing BG of the magnetron crystal and the other members don’t care about BG at all and once this event is done I’ll be going back to using 1star and losing 3 in a row.
  • ChrisPowellChrisPowell Posts: 138
    When I get match against smaller accounts and I don't have any metals yet I'll forfeit to boost them up. This isn't entirely altruistic either. I figure the more weak accounts the higher I go the easier my life will be. You should at least wait until the first match to see what they'll do, of play one lose and leave if you wanna save time