What champions have aged the best?

IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★
edited July 15 in General Discussion
Since the game came out almost 10 years ago, what older champs do you think have aged the best since their release? Characters who’ve received large buffs/tuneups like the ones that started around 2020/2021 do not count!

Comments

• baskinrobbinsknowsbaskinrobbinsknows Member Posts: 271 ★★★
    edited July 15
    Tough question to answer because you have many different factors.

Champs who got a buff at some point but been here for a while: Hulk, Jugg's, Iron Man, Storm, Magneto,
    Champs who received little to no buffs: Hyperion, Medusa, Archangel
    Champs who haven't been the most available: Wolverine, Scarlet Witch
    Champs who aren't available at 6 star; Quake and Magik.

These guys would be my pick.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
    I’d second Hype. I think a lot of the raw damage champs have aged magnificently too. Sunspot was 2019 I believe and I think he’s better than ever

I’d also say Starky. He’s incredible for a lot of meta threats and even though he fell off, I think battlegrounds brought him back
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,111 ★★★★★
    Hyperion
  • TheXunknownTheXunknown Member Posts: 54
    Domino
  • phil56201phil56201 Member Posts: 986 ★★★
    Aegon
    AA
    Domino
    Hyperion
    Omega Red
    Ronan
    Void

And maybe to a lesser degree for one reason or another:
    Ghost
    Magik
    Mephisto
    Quake
    Stark Spidey
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,273 ★★★★★
    Domino, Hyperion, Archangel, Killmonger
    Sunstar19 said:

Nick Fury is my pick, his bleeds are just amazing and satisfying to take out opponents

Also a top tier defender in BGs
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Member Posts: 1,001 ★★★
    Sunspot, AA, Doom, Stark, Hype, Void, NF, Venom, Aegon, Ronan, Domino, Sassy, Odin all started great and still somewhat or very meta relevant...for how many champs we have there are so many great options
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    Will3808 said:

Venom and stark spidey are two that come to mind. Quake and magik are both still too good to be 6 stars.

Magik got a buff and I would argue that it makes no sense that she isn't available at higher rarities.
  • KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Member Posts: 947 ★★★
    Doom, Nick, and Torch are still at the top of their classes and are fairly old
    Wicket329 said:

Shocked to see Sym Supreme not mentioned in this thread. He is my go to counter against so many difficult matchups like Maestro and Serpent. I even use him in non-cosmic matchups in AW like Killmonger on the polka dot power mini boss node.

Every new tough cosmic defender that gets dropped is just Sym food, he’s aged so well.

Yeah can’t understand why people are disappointed that he’s in the titan
    edited July 16

Still at the very top? We have Abs Man, Scorpion and Kate/Bullseye
  • KnightOfTheRealmKnightOfTheRealm Member Posts: 947 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Still at the top? We have Abs Man, Scorpion and Kate/Bullseye
    Doom and Nick are, torch is up there but yeah scorp outshines him
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,344 ★★★★
    Juggernaut,Wasp and Archangel ,still very usefull

Juggernaut,Wasp and Archangel ,still very usefull

Juggs got buffed in 2022. Agree with others
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,393 Guardian
    Sersi and Chavez have aged really well because even after Chavez's tuneup, a lot of people still ignored her until her 7* release. A lot of people still think Sersi is just a defender when she is a really good dual-threat champion. Much better on offense imo than defense, but still annoying if the opponent doesn't have a counter to her.
  • UltragamerUltragamer Member Posts: 565 ★★★
    Cgr by far has aged the best he just keeps gaining use not being hard countered while so many champs aren’t energy or mystic for torch. Or doom who’s to slow in bgs and aa who can’t handle the bleed or poison immune. All cgr does tho is gain use serpent, bullseye, onslaught all fall to cgr
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 461 ★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Still at the top? We have Abs Man, Scorpion and Kate/Bullseye
    Doom and Nick are, torch is up there but yeah scorp outshines him
    Doom will never be as great as y'all are trying to make him out to be especially now 😂😂
    Pikolu said:

Sersi and Chavez have aged really well because even after Chavez's tuneup, a lot of people still ignored her until her 7* release. A lot of people still think Sersi is just a defender when she is a really good dual-threat champion. Much better on offense imo than defense, but still annoying if the opponent doesn't have a counter to her.

Also a very good Bullseye counter if she’s duped, she can tank Bullseye’s sp1 and regen all that damage
  • TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Member Posts: 460 ★★★
    Gamora. One of my favourite bg attacking options. Her buff made her so much better and easy to play.
  • SchnoodleSchnoodle Member Posts: 218 ★★
    Archangel and it’s not even close
    Schnoodle said:

Archangel and it’s not even close

Hyperion says hello
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Will3808 said:

Venom and stark spidey are two that come to mind. Quake and magik are both still too good to be 6 stars.

Gamora. One of my favourite bg attacking options. Her buff made her so much better and easy to play.

I don't think she's an example of a character that's aged well considering she had 2 separate buffs and was only even slightly useful after the first
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,067 ★★★

Cgr by far has aged the best he just keeps gaining use not being hard countered while so many champs aren’t energy or mystic for torch. Or doom who’s to slow in bgs and aa who can’t handle the bleed or poison immune. All cgr does tho is gain use serpent, bullseye, onslaught all fall to cgr

Idk it's still pretty easy to make him useless.
  • PistolcuApaPistolcuApa Member Posts: 155
    For me it's definitely hyperion, has the luck to dupe the 7s and rank 3, he does insane damage, especially when running suicides. And it was what, 2016 if not mistaken. Remeber when he was soo op back then because few counters and he was spamming sp3 lol.