Cavalier Curse!! Stuck on this for like 6 months now

MadpoddleMadpoddle Member Posts: 8
Help me get on thronebreaker , cavalier rewards are all trash and there Is a good diff in catalyst you get on tb , I'm stuck on this like for 6 months spent like 400 units . But the thing shown in the tutorial videos doesn't work like that and GM gets no effect on him from my attacks

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    That's too vague of a description, to get any meaningful help. Do you say the fight is bugged? Or what do you exactly struggle with
  • SteveMSteveM Member Posts: 192
    7* Professor X was my MVP for the reverse controls phase
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,247 Guardian
    Qualify for TB based on # of Champs ranked up to necessary Rank to automatically reach TB.

But if only Level 56, may not have been playing long enough to get enough resources to do that though.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,026 ★★★★★
    Try to go to bank and get those shiny credit cards 😋
  • Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 834 ★★★
    Bro u need juggs. 10 revives and 200 units and he cleaned up gm. Abs also soloed cosmic path
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
    Can you show us your roster?
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    edited July 15
    SteveM said:

How did you get 7 star prof x at cav?

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,899 ★★★★★

SteveM said:

banquet even previous year had a alliance milestone where you can get a 7* crystal just by participating
  • Will3808Will3808 Member Posts: 3,733 ★★★★★
    Can you show us your roster? Pretty much any champion with high damage is good for the grandmaster. Also, if you have a reverse controls immune champion, that’d be helpful too.
    Make sure you’re doing the prompts (and not doing ones you’ve already completely) you should be able to wound him and get him down.
  • TalhamazizTalhamaziz Member Posts: 112
    On my first attempt, wasted 700 units on revives because I am literally the worst when it comes to reverse control.
    Re entered after a week with my moondragon and got in under 4-5 revives I guess.

SteveM said:

Probably got lucky and opened one of the gifted guardian crystals
  • MadpoddleMadpoddle Member Posts: 8
    Will3808 said:

Can you show us your roster? Pretty much any champion with high damage is good for the grandmaster. Also, if you have a reverse controls immune champion, that’d be helpful too.

For now I have left the gm fight untouched for 4-5 months ,I now only focus on bgs and side quests to rank up my Champs and now I have idea that if I rank up 5 of 6* to r4 I will automatically be tb . I have ranked up 3 ,2 are remaining , so that I don't have to fight that cursed fight but it's very hard to get t6 catalyst while you are cav.
    Here's my roaster
  • MadpoddleMadpoddle Member Posts: 8
    Can I be a Thronebreaker without defeating the Grandmaster??
    Do you have a reverse controls immune?
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 870 ★★★
    Madpoddle said:

No.
    Take doom, CGR, hit-monkey, and Hercules. The spot is yours. I definitely suggest taking the paths that’s almost all cosmics. You can probably do it all with 6* doom. You can also put 5* doom as your last slot if you want a back up option. Probably use team revived, but hit-monkey should be an mvp. He’ll do crazy damage when the grandmaster is wounded.
    Although it is possible to get thronebreaker without defeating the grandmaster, it’s definitely good for you to continue pushing in the story mode. There are very good rewards later in the story quest, and your roster should be able to get very far though it. And if you want to get paragon, you have to do story
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 754 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Do you have a reverse controls immune?

If he has an Emma hiding somewhere Kitty can do it with Synergy.
  • JAYRAVAL7896JAYRAVAL7896 Member Posts: 89
    Madpoddle said:

Help me get on thronebreaker , cavalier rewards are all trash and there Is a good diff in catalyst you get on tb , I'm stuck on this like for 6 months spent like 400 units . But the thing shown in the tutorial videos doesn't work like that and GM gets no effect on him from my attacks

Only 36 days to get thronebreaker.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,247 Guardian
    Madpoddle said:

You answered your own question earlier.
    YES, so long as you get the required # of champs up to certain Rank.

I also bypassed needing that many of the T6 Cats by getting some of the 1st month of Saga Rankup Gems. (Better champ choices than what the current Gem's Saga champs were, at least for my team)

Those are what pushed me over, since I too don’t like doing ACT's (and really haven’t done them in years). Plus a bunch of other rewards that came rapidly the last couple months.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 761 ★★★
    edited July 21
    It may be the path you're taking as they all affect the fight such as one making his sp1 blockeable. You're also clearly not getting him into his wounded state. He is not bugged. It's legitimately a skill issue. Read the node.
  • Angryneeson52Angryneeson52 Member Posts: 449 ★★★
    Your roster is ridiculous to be stuck on grandmaster. Back when Kabam didn’t coddle the players we had to do these fights with rank 2 6* or r5 5*.

You just don’t have the skills required to win. You aren’t good enough.
    I suggest you bank lots of units from arena and such, and just practice for a while on him and look at YouTube videos until you understand.
  • SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★
    Watch MCOC Noob video and save up revives, health potions and 4 hr crystals. Save up 1-2k units as a buffer and even get the exploration deals from EQ with boosts and team revives. Rest up and relax your hand before the fight.
    Good luck, you can do it. I used dozens of revives a few years back for GM and now I am valiant. You can do it too.
  • RoggamRoggam Member Posts: 125
    Did it on my alt recently in 5 revives w/ a 5* aegon but the first time was like 2k units
  • Toomuchwork2doToomuchwork2do Member Posts: 21
    Madpoddle said:

I’ll be helpful- read the fight and pick a champ for each phase. The main things you need are:
    Ability to knockdown without parrying
    Someone you’re comfortable intercepting with
    Someone who deals damaging debuffs

Things you may want if you’re alive long enough:
    Immune reverse controls
    Revives lol.

There may be more but it’s been so long sorry.

The unique thing about the gm and future bosses is they start to rely less on counters and more on skill. So watch a vid so you understand the tactic then boost and crush him!

Also pick the easiest path.