Is Howard the Duck underrated?

Comments

• Kingering_KingKingering_King Member Posts: 857 ★★★
    Nah he’s actually really good, taking up my 6*
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,296 ★★★★★
    edited July 21

Another video showcasing a champ's abilities without context. How many times do we see nodes in BGs that mess with parry stun, buffs and debuffs. 3 things that play into howard's kit. You mess with any of those and he becomes stressful to play and better of using other tech champs. Plus he's locked behind an exclusive crystal. You want him awakened to reliably take domino, otherwise he's no different than other tech champs. He's not underrated, just the game is designed in a way that favors other champs.

I did wish he was nullify immune though. That would make him more valuable. He is good for others beside Domino like Killmonger and Red Skull
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Member Posts: 737 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Another video showcasing a champ's abilities without context. How many times do we see nodes in BGs that mess with parry stun, buffs and debuffs. 3 things that play into howard's kit. You mess with any of those and he becomes stressful to play and better of using other tech champs. Plus he's locked behind an exclusive crystal. You want him awakened to reliably take domino, otherwise he's no different than other tech champs. He's not underrated, just the game is designed in a way that favors other champs.

I did wish he was nullify immune though. That would make him more valuable. He is good for others beside Domino like Killmonger and Red Skull
    The problem is in BGs you have a limited deck, so you need champs that cover more ground. Most decks have champs that can take killmonger and skrull and do more at the same time. And yes, there are other game modes, but like I said the game is unintentionally designed to revolve around BGs and AW at the moment. But yeah, nullify immune would increase his stock considerably
  • Stone3xStone3x Member Posts: 60

Well howard the goat is quite underated still, my go to for path 3 in war, handles it so well and is great for the likes off red skulls etc, stacks up super high damage when the furies start building and a great heal blocker only way he loses alot off value is if fighting a stun immune node, but even in BGs ive won a fair few fights by placing him on defence and even on attack he will end most fights in 30-50 seconds at pre much full hp
    Stone3x said:

Well howard the goat is quite underated still, my go to for path 3 in war, handles it so well and is great for the likes off red skulls etc, stacks up super high damage when the furies start building and a great heal blocker only way he loses alot off value is if fighting a stun immune node, but even in BGs ive won a fair few fights by placing him on defence and even on attack he will end most fights in 30-50 seconds at pre much full hp

Also his SP2 isn't fully dexable so it can catch some people
    EdisonLaw said:

Stone3x said:

Yeah feel like alota peeps try dex it and get hit hard, even blocking it you can take some decent damage
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Stone3x said:

Just bait sp1? Lol
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,396 Guardian
    I really like Howard. He is my favorite Domino counter I got and has some really nice utility.

EdisonLaw said:

Stone3x said:

Just bait sp1? Lol
    yeah sure but power gain can push him there
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,096 ★★★★
    I use my R2 all the time. He is great. Would like the dup, although he is great without it.
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Stone3x said:

Just bait sp1? Lol
    Power gain isn't apart of his kit, he's a terrible defender on most metas.

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Stone3x said:

Just bait sp1? Lol
    yeah it's not part of his kit. Most techs don't have power gain (except for a few like Vision)

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Stone3x said:

Just bait sp1? Lol
    I mean majority off fights I place howard on defence they don't manage to get him to 0% or even if they do they lose a decent chuck off health so I'd say he a decent defender depending on what the opponent has left
    Stone3x said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Stone3x said:

Just bait sp1? Lol
    I mean majority off fights I place howard on defence they don't manage to get him to 0% or even if they do they lose a decent chuck off health so I'd say he a decent defender depending on what the opponent has left
    Where do you usually place in BGs Gold-Diamond? I find it very hard to believe people in Vibranium and above have trouble when 90% of the cosmic meta attackers can absolutely nuke him regardless of rank.
  • FunkFunk Member Posts: 87
    Howard is dire
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 491 ★★★

Stone3x said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Stone3x said:

Just bait sp1? Lol
    Where do you usually place in BGs Gold-Diamond? I find it very hard to believe people in Vibranium and above have trouble when 90% of the cosmic meta attackers can absolutely nuke him regardless of rank.
    Hit celestial last season. There are people there that die to some of the easiest defenders.
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 486 ★★★
    007Bishop said:

Stone3x said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Stone3x said:

Just bait sp1? Lol
    Hit celestial last season. There are people there that die to some of the easiest defenders.
    @007Bishop how many r3s?
    007Bishop said:

Stone3x said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Stone3x said:

Just bait sp1? Lol
    Probably had to do more with the meta than the defenders, Celestial players don't usually die to easy defenders, especially not as consistently as the other person claims. Last GC meta was the worst meta we've ever had since the game mode was released, it's very likely this was the reason people were dying.
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Member Posts: 542 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIgw5CFJJ5w&ab_channel=-NAGASE-</blockquote

When i ready the title, i knew It was After Nagase's video🤣

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,416 ★★★★★
    If this is only about BGs then Howard is not a top choice, but otherwise he’s one of my faves. I would r5 and ascend mine but hoping to pull him as a 7s.
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    He is good. Not the best, but more useful than one would guess.

I'd say he is underappreciated, because he usually goes under the radar. But he isn't no really hidden gem
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,355 ★★★★
    edited July 21
    Where's the poll?

Perfectly balanced as all things should be
  • 007Bishop007Bishop Member Posts: 491 ★★★

007Bishop said:

Stone3x said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Stone3x said:

Just bait sp1? Lol
    @007Bishop how many r3s?
    5. Why does that matter?
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 438 ★★★
    I could see a matchup where he's unlockable and gets to an sp2 as being an issue, but he is pretty loose with his sp1's. I enjoy using him in incursions. Did my tier 5 with Venom, VTD, and HTD had fun. Cool team that I wouldn't use in other places.
    edited August 25
    Looks like he's back
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2590850cX0

Seatin and BG would be so happy