Negasonic Teenage Warhead - Am I missing something?

2»

Comments

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,000 ★★★★★

Negasonic isn't getting a buff y'all need to understand. She's pretty ok. She has so much utility, Can literally kill every damn skill champ at 95% health.

Her damage is definitely underwhelming for bgs, But if kabam is going to tune her damage up, they most likely have to remove some of her utilities from the kit. Or she will end up like Nimrod, Every other skill champ most likey start to get incenerate immunity. Skill lanes (that second wind lane in aw) start to have random incenerate immunity nodes (Look at path 6 mutant path in aw how it punishes shock mainly to counter nimrod cheese).

You either have a awesome skill counter who's medioce in bgs, Or a good bg skill class counter who is nerfed indirectly in any other mode.

I really want her to get a buff. I just think in kabam pov, they aren't going to buff champs unless they suck plainly like sable.

Sable is definitely getting a buff, she doesn’t have the utility and/or versatility that justifies her low damage output
  • ShashankGuptaShashankGupta Member Posts: 394 ★★
    How do you guys get 16 incinterate during sp2 i only get 12-14 max i really having a hard time getting the max incinterate
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,819 ★★★★★

How do you guys get 16 incinterate during sp2 i only get 12-14 max i really having a hard time getting the max incinterate

Use both of your hands.
  • WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Member Posts: 1,012 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

I can see the CGR curse still affecting many players.

Damage isn’t everything. She has all non contacts, and is the only champion so far to inflict only passive debuffs. She can take 98% of the skill class, like Killmonger, Korg, Attuma, Mole Man, Nick, Bullseye, etc.

Do I want a damage buff for her? Sure it would be nice, but having that much versatility makes her relevant. Plus she is a good defender

How does she take nick in any capacity
  • Karatemike415Karatemike415 Member, Administrator, Moderator, Content Creators Posts: 724 Content Creator

EdisonLaw said:

Damage isn’t everything. She has all non contacts, and is the only champion so far to inflict only passive debuffs. She can take 98% of the skill class, like Killmonger, Korg, Attuma, Mole Man, Nick, Bullseye, etc.

Do I want a damage buff for her? Sure it would be nice, but having that much versatility makes her relevant. Plus she is a good defender

Anyone can take Nick

EdisonLaw said:

Anyone can take Nick
    When people say someone is a nick counter they're talking about his second life which she has no way of dealing with and essentially has to restart her ramp up half way through the fight
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,003 ★★★★★
    l

Try to tap faster 😃
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,819 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Anyone can take Nick
    When people say someone is a nick counter they're talking about his second life which she has no way of dealing with and essentially has to restart her ramp up half way through the fight
    They are called nick hard counter, which are like 5 champs in the game.
    Bishop domino sunspot none of these champs counter nick second life still they are widely used as nick counters.
    Ntw works against nick, can kill him with 95%+ health and if you accidentally take few hits frpm him, he still can't inflict his bleeds (He loves to do light ending combos on defense if you get hit lol).

EdisonLaw said:

Anyone can take Nick
    So why even use nick as an example of how she can shut down the whole skill class? I know she's good against the skill class, but if anyone can do nick without losing a lot of health it's a pointless example of her value. If she could shut down his second life I'd say it's worth brining up

EdisonLaw said:

Anyone can take Nick
    They are called nick hard counter, which are like 5 champs in the game.
    Bishop domino sunspot none of these champs counter nick second life still they are widely used as nick counters.
    Ntw works against nick, can kill him with 95%+ health and if you accidentally take few hits frpm him, he still can't inflict his bleeds (He loves to do light ending combos on defense if you get hit lol).
    So why even call them nick counters if it just amounts to anyone being able to do the fight? Is deadpool x force a nick counter? Sabretooth? I'm not trying to say she's useless but when you say she counters nick I assume you're talking about the 1 thing that makes him a hard defender
    altavista said:

EdisonLaw said:

Nick Fury doesn't really need a specific counter, and Negasonic still works against Nick Fury. It's not like Nimrod vs Bishop where the fight becomes a lot harder compared to using a different Tech champion; Negasonic vs Nick Fury is a standard Mutant v Nick Fury fight.

I see no need for Negasonic to have a Dani Moonstar ability to prevent Nick Fury's second life entirely, as giving her that ability would essentially eliminate any niche that Dani has. Buffing a champion just to shave seconds off of a BGs fight while also making another champion irrelevant is generally not good game design.

I see people bring up that Negasonic doesn't counter Kingpin as well, but that makes no sense as Negasonic's passives already slows down Kingpin's ability to ramp. Just because a champion doesn't outright prevent 100% of a defender's abilities is no argument about that champion's working against a whole class.

But this is my point. If you're saying she can shut down the worst defenders of the skill class even though she can't counter the one thing that makes nick such a difficult defender then what's the point of using it as an example
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,713 ★★★★★
    edited July 23

altavista said:

EdisonLaw said:

Nick Fury doesn't really need a specific counter, and Negasonic still works against Nick Fury. It's not like Nimrod vs Bishop where the fight becomes a lot harder compared to using a different Tech champion; Negasonic vs Nick Fury is a standard Mutant v Nick Fury fight.

I see no need for Negasonic to have a Dani Moonstar ability to prevent Nick Fury's second life entirely, as giving her that ability would essentially eliminate any niche that Dani has. Buffing a champion just to shave seconds off of a BGs fight while also making another champion irrelevant is generally not good game design.

I see people bring up that Negasonic doesn't counter Kingpin as well, but that makes no sense as Negasonic's passives already slows down Kingpin's ability to ramp. Just because a champion doesn't outright prevent 100% of a defender's abilities is no argument about that champion's working against a whole class.

But this is my point. If you're saying she can shut down the worst defenders of the skill class even though she can't counter the one thing that makes nick such a difficult defender then what's the point of using it as an example
    Nick isnt even a hard defender km korg attuma zemo are tougher than nick to fight, so yes she does counter the skill champs of the worse defenders because she uses non contact passive effects than normal debuffs or physical hits
    Bendy said:

altavista said:

EdisonLaw said:

Nick isnt even a hard defender km korg attuma zemo are tougher than nick to fight, so yes she does counter the skill champs of the worse defenders because she uses non contact passive effects than normal debuffs or physical hits
    Bullseye is also harder than Nick in my opinion without a good counter
    EdisonLaw said:

Bendy said:

altavista said:

EdisonLaw said:

Forgot about him ngl but yeah bullseye also nick gets countered by everyone even himself bullseye vs bullseye cant even happen as the blocked hits i believe
    Bendy said:

altavista said:

EdisonLaw said:

Nick in battlegrounds is awful if you don't have a counter to his second life
    Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Bendy said:

altavista said:

EdisonLaw said:

Forgot about him ngl but yeah bullseye also nick gets countered by everyone even himself bullseye vs bullseye cant even happen as the blocked hits i believe
    How does Nick counter himself?

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Bendy said:

altavista said:

EdisonLaw said:

Since he bleeds u can easily push sp2 he basically counters himself if u know how to fight him hes like the easiest defender these days

Bendy said:

altavista said:

EdisonLaw said:

Not really he gets killed fast might be just u then as everyone on here is saying nick isnt tough that he doesnt need a neuroshock as he is easy to fight
  • ChikelChikel Member Posts: 2,103 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

It's not helpful to dismiss criticism of champions as "CGR curse" and frankly undermines whatever argument you're trying to make. How do you expect people to take your opinion seriously when you start like that? Champions aren't either CGR or Groot.

The point is that her damage is too low, incinerate falls off fast and the only "immunity" she has is bleed immunity against only skill champs. I'm an endgame player so the only game mode I play regularly is BGs and in that, damage matters a lot. Her damage is simply too low for it and her defensive capabilities will only catch a an unfamiliar player off guard. Those defenders you listed have way better counters with decent damage than her.

She needs a damage buff at the very least plus longer incinerates.
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

EdisonLaw said:

Bendy said:

altavista said:

EdisonLaw said:

Since he bleeds u can easily push sp2 he basically counters himself if u know how to fight him hes like the easiest defender these days
    That doesn't mean he counters himself come on now lmao
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

altavista said:

EdisonLaw said:

Not really he gets killed fast might be just u then as everyone on here is saying nick isnt tough that he doesnt need a neuroshock as he is easy to fight
    He's not hard to fight in the sense that's he requires skill, he's difficult in the fact that in bgs if you don't take him out quick enough which depending on the meta isn't always possible he could just insta heal back up to bg all before the time runs out. I bring counters to him, But Negasonic is absolutely not gonna work against him in bgs just because she's a mutant
  • BigTuna_2054BigTuna_2054 Member Posts: 81 ★★
    Bottom line is Negasonic is super slow in BG’s cause her damage is weak. She needs an increase in her incinerate potency or something to make her a legit BG threat. My awakened R2 Negasonic takes way too long to finish fights. She was hyped up as a nuke and she’s far from it. She’s good but far from great. I truly hope she’s gets a minor buff to help damage.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

Bendy said:

altavista said:

EdisonLaw said:

Nick is still a top defender lmao. Those extra seconds that you waste while he’s in his second life matter a lot and he can be wild with random sp1’s
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Member Posts: 2,010 ★★★★★
    edited July 24
    He was wild in the armour meta - if he threw an SP1 he rocked up the Armours
    Chikel said:

EdisonLaw said:

It's not helpful to dismiss criticism of champions as "CGR curse" and frankly undermines whatever argument you're trying to make. How do you expect people to take your opinion seriously when you start like that? Champions aren't either CGR or Groot.

The point is that her damage is too low, incinerate falls off fast and the only "immunity" she has is bleed immunity against only skill champs. I'm an endgame player so the only game mode I play regularly is BGs and in that, damage matters a lot. Her damage is simply too low for it and her defensive capabilities will only catch a an unfamiliar player off guard. Those defenders you listed have way better counters with decent damage than her.

I’m just saying that since CGR hits that hard, people are expecting other champs are going to hit that hard when in reality that’s not the case.

She does need a damage buff but her damage isn’t Groot level or Iron Patriot level
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,331 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Chikel said:

EdisonLaw said:

I’m just saying that since CGR hits that hard, people are expecting other champs are going to hit that hard when in reality that’s not the case.

She does need a damage buff but her damage isn’t Groot level or Iron Patriot level
    You know that there is no valid argument not to buff Negasonic when people are just randomly throwing CGR into the discussion.

Nobody is saying they want her to have CGR like damage. We just want her to be a solid BGs option. That can just be a slight tweak in the numbers.

She only works for like 4 BGs defenders that are relevant right now, and she has a very small healthpool so she dies fast on Defense. So whoever tries to say that buffing her would break her cant be anymore wrong.
  • SeyuohSeyuoh Member Posts: 131
    Polygon said:

I'll just copy what I wrote on the other thread

Shes good if you dont care about BGs.

If BGs is your main priority then wait on ranking her until we hear from Kabam on her rebalance period, as how it stands now the damage is just too mediocre to be viable in BGs where time is often the deciding factor.

The dupe helps a lot but her playstyle completely falls apart when the AI is passive /has long specials as her incinerates will just fall off and the only way to refresh them is to get back to the sp1

Time is not a deciding factor hardly ever anymore honestly, it’s more so who plays the fight better- and loses less health. Which is why a lot of people don’t only run “nuke” champs anymore.
    Seyuoh said:

Polygon said:

I'll just copy what I wrote on the other thread

Shes good if you dont care about BGs.

If BGs is your main priority then wait on ranking her until we hear from Kabam on her rebalance period, as how it stands now the damage is just too mediocre to be viable in BGs where time is often the deciding factor.

The dupe helps a lot but her playstyle completely falls apart when the AI is passive /has long specials as her incinerates will just fall off and the only way to refresh them is to get back to the sp1

Time is not a deciding factor hardly ever anymore honestly, it’s more so who plays the fight better- and loses less health. Which is why a lot of people don’t only run “nuke” champs anymore.
    Time is absolutely a factor. In bgs where both players have the optimal counters for every defender available it's insane to act like negasonic vs Nick is going to win over someone like toad or dani
  • JayhawkalphaJayhawkalpha Member Posts: 2
    My opinion:
    I think that she needs a slight tune up to her damage to make her more viable. Yes, she has good utility, but it is very specific. If you aren’t able to take advantage of her utility, she doesn’t feel very special, and she even feels underwhelming. I’m not saying she’s terrible, but the numbers are not where they need to be. I don’t think she needs a huge buff, but a tune up to her damage would make her a more well-rounded character that shines in the matchups she was meant for while still feeling decent outside of them.