I hate 22hr events even more now

DMH525DMH525 Member Posts: 4
They always felt restrictive and grindy but whatever I needed the resources and got used to them. After having the daily super event for a month, they feel even more like homework now rather than fun. The rewards for the super event were great but the real value was the freedom to just play the game how I wanted to and still make progress. In the three days since it went away I’m finding myself less interested in the game already. Now we are back to the “time to eat your vegetables” format of kabam telling us what we have to do each day.

Comments

• MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Member Posts: 595 ★★★
    How is it more grindy? Only one I don't do is Arena wins. Other 3 you will do anyways if you play the game daily.
    Pikolu said:

How is it more grindy? Only one I don't do is Arena wins. Other 3 you will do anyways if you play the game daily.

Not everyone wants to wait to level up champions (or even always has the resources to do it), redo EQ quests if they've already explored, or even do arena at all. With super event, you could autofight RTTL if you didn't want to actually play the game. You could do BGs, or literally anything you wanted and still get credit for the event.
    Not everyone does EQ in the first few days, not everyone levels up champs everyday, in fact, waiting to level up champs will actually make your resources better. So you want to do less work for same rewards? If you play the game every day then none of this should be a problem. What has happened is now there has been something easier and mentality has changed. Why not just make it log in and you get the rewards?
  • DorkyDorky Member Posts: 346

Pikolu said:

Not everyone wants to wait to level up champions (or even always has the resources to do it), redo EQ quests if they've already explored, or even do arena at all. With super event, you could autofight RTTL if you didn't want to actually play the game. You could do BGs, or literally anything you wanted and still get credit for the event.
    Not everyone does EQ in the first few days, not everyone levels up champs everyday, in fact, waiting to level up champs will actually make your resources better. So you want to do less work for same rewards? If you play the game every day then none of this should be a problem. What has happened is now there has been something easier and mentality has changed. Why not just make it log in and you get the rewards?
    I can agree tbh. I don't mind waiting.
    BeastDad said:

The real question is, why do something good, and then after some time revert to something that is out of date and not good?

I guess they want to see the engagement with the event, how many people logged in did few fights logged out, how many played longer etc. It's the same as that free ISO or gold on rank up tab.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,308 ★★★★
    BeastDad said:

The real question is, why do something good, and then after some time revert to something that is out of date and not good?

They're not *really* doing that though. The intention was always to roll it out for a month, collect data and engagement and player thoughts, and likely bring it back as a permanent replacement.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★

Pikolu said:

It’s far better with daily super event because it allowed you to have more control to do what you wanted in the game. Level or rank up champion? Sure not a problem as you can do it at any time, but got not resources to do so? Sure not a problem as it can be done at any time. Suddenly feel the burst of need to burn out some normal energy? Sure, head to ANY events and please yourself to watch that normal energy burning away.

The old format is far more restricting because you could end up holding out more resources and losing it more in the level up event because it’s too random when it start. Event quest is suddenly not looking so good with the remaining timer because, however dumb it may/is and can be, the player was waiting for the event quest solo objective format.

I don’t think I need to explain further that Daily super event is far more superior in all of the problem that is solved with the new format.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,625 ★★★★★
    I went a little rank up happy during the super event, made my resource management a bit messy. If they were to do month on and off of super event I would be kinda happy.
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★

I went a little rank up happy during the super event, made my resource management a bit messy. If they were to do month on and off of super event I would be kinda happy.

I went rankup happy, too, and it was great. Because I could rank up all the champs I wanted when I wanted and then do other areas of the game to get rewards while my stash replenished.

Now it’s back to having to strategize what I can do to rank up champs while not sacrificing the main rank ups I really want to do.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,625 ★★★★★
    Matty_Ice said:

I went rankup happy, too, and it was great. Because I could rank up all the champs I wanted when I wanted and then do other areas of the game to get rewards while my stash replenished.

Now it’s back to having to strategize what I can do to rank up champs while not sacrificing the main rank ups I really want to do.
    I have 0 mystic mats and full/overflow on other classes, my stacks are a mess
  • OldManHopOldManHop Member Posts: 294 ★★★
    edited July 24
    Once I get used to a certain level of reward for a certain amount of effort, having it revert back to the normal daily reward structure kind of saps all my motivation - at least temporarily. I feel like I've gone through this after every holiday.

If the super event never came back, I'd readjust without much issue... but for the moment, I'm really struggling to care.

Realistically, as a Paragon, I really need to stop being lazy and just go get Valiant. I have the roster and, I think/hope, enough resources to at least do an initial completion of Necro and Act 8, but after getting so much for so little effort over the last several events, it just sounds... tedious. I'm not sure if I'm spoiled or just burned out.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,472 ★★★★
    Not a single disagree shows you are 100 percent right
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,308 ★★★★
    Can we also all agree that Alliance Event rewards are also laughably pathetic and out of date? I went from a barely-trying so so alliance to a top tier alliance and the 'rewards' obtained *at any level* just basically mean absolutely nothing.

Like - for Summoner Advancement, the TOP Rank reward for literally the number 1 alliance is 15,000 6 star shards and 10,000 5 star shards? Embarrassing. Summoner engagement gives out a lot more stuff but the majority of it is pretty useless as well.

Here's hoping that the presumable update to Daily rewards means that the Alliance event rewards get juiced up significantly.
  • mbracembrace Member Posts: 886 ★★★
    Offering a major quality of life improvement and then taking it away is a bad look for Kabam.
  • ChobblyChobbly Member Posts: 938 ★★★★
    mbrace said:

Offering a major quality of life improvement and then taking it away is a bad look for Kabam.

They haven't taken it away though. They said from the start it was for a limited time and then they'd review it. Hopefully it returns soon.

Yea kind of happy lol. Just let me keep the weekly shard calendar and add embers and relic shards and I will be a little more kind of happy
  • Super_Cretu90Super_Cretu90 Member Posts: 174
    DMH525 said:

They always felt restrictive and grindy but whatever I needed the resources and got used to them. After having the daily super event for a month, they feel even more like homework now rather than fun. The rewards for the super event were great but the real value was the freedom to just play the game how I wanted to and still make progress. In the three days since it went away I’m finding myself less interested in the game already. Now we are back to the “time to eat your vegetables” format of kabam telling us what we have to do each day.

I 100% agree.
    DMH525 said:

Cool. So you're saying is the game wasn't interesting before this whole fiasco? So why even play it? I never felt restricted as you say, I've always had fun
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,985 ★★★★★
    Levelled junk champs today. Yuk.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 1,006 ★★★★★
    Couldn’t agree more with this thread. I’ve stopped playing my alt account, have lost motivation to play my main account.

I really hate how the current rewards set up pushes us into a box. Appreciate the event was only ever billed as being a month long, but feels like the game has gone backwards.

The only game modes I’m currently interested in are Battlegrounds, AQ and AW (no choice with the latter as that’s the price you pay for being in an Alliance). But nones of these events actually count towards the rewards that matter. So yep, for me the games gone backwards. Hope Kabam ‘review the data’ quickly and change us back to the Super Daily format, even if rewards aren’t as spicey.
    Wozzle007 said:

Couldn’t agree more with this thread. I’ve stopped playing my alt account, have lost motivation to play my main account.

I really hate how the current rewards set up pushes us into a box. Appreciate the event was only ever billed as being a month long, but feels like the game has gone backwards.

The only game modes I’m currently interested in are Battlegrounds, AQ and AW (no choice with the latter as that’s the price you pay for being in an Alliance). But nones of these events actually count towards the rewards that matter. So yep, for me the games gone backwards. Hope Kabam ‘review the data’ quickly and change us back to the Super Daily format, even if rewards aren’t as spicey.

To base your motivation to a super event is bizarre. Just saying. Your motivation should be something you are pushing for.
  • BloodyRoseBloodyRose Member Posts: 161
    I'm not against the 22- and 7-hour events in theory. If you are into strategizing, it's kinda fun figuring how to hit knock out 22-hour Event Quest Completion while also completing a couple 7-hour Combat events at the same time without wasting small and full energy refills.

But, overall, they really are grindy and I don't look forward to doing them. You spend so much time for relatively little reward. I like the solo crystal, gold sig stone, and boosts. I don't really care about relic, ember and alloy shards. As throne breaker the T4B catalysts are not really meaningful. T5B is great, but the most I'm getting is 1500 T5B fragments in the 22-hour.

The rewards/return on time and resources invested is not great compared to Super Daily.

If they were to bump up catalyst rewards and also add the x-star crystals aligned to player's level I would be cool with it.