Battleground Frustration

TalhamazizTalhamaziz Member Posts: 112

A little context,

Finished last season in Diamond 1, started this season Plat V. Somehow managed to get to diamond V in a couple of days. Recently got Paragon with 1.4 mil rating.

Now, it has been around 9-10 matches I am getting top tier matches which is frustrating because I would want to win in order to move up.

What should I do?

Stop playing?
Keep on losing?
Take a gap or wait?

Comments

• Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Member Posts: 179 ★★
    Improve your roster and wait out a few weeks, that's wat am doing
  • MattDRKMattDRK Member Posts: 194
    The matchmaking on this game is based on which ranking you are in battlegrounds, i went from bronze to diamond playing only like 15% of the matches, because everyone i faced was pretty underleveld compared to me.
    They need to change that because is pretty bad to new players. Maybe do something like the Arena thing to new players, which is separed from everyone elses arena.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,025 ★★★★★
    Well, account rating 5 and 4 million are force exiting out from diamond V IV, like after win screen it's clearly showing that those players exited just to take loss and not rank up.

Kabam should look into it. I got my wins so whatever but it'll only mean that those players are farming points and will stomp 2 players before losing twice deliberately, then stomp 2 players then lose twice and repeat till they get 2500 Titan shards 🤡

Have to blame Kabam as well, why points solo and BG points awarded are same in victory track and GC when the difficulty is day and night difference?

First two weeks of GC should reward bonus points when win/loss 🎉 to force whales to farm up there.

Is data not automatically catching these players who exit out the second ban screen comes up? Like wtf.
  • ToniXD_16ToniXD_16 Member Posts: 137
    Before you realise thats how its supposed to go the esiear time you will have with BGs and the whole game
  • Will3808Will3808 Member Posts: 3,733 ★★★★★
    My personal battlegrounds philosophy is wait a week to start playing so that the people around the level you ended at have passed you. This makes pushing way easier especially if you ended the season around accounts that are generally better than you. Since you’ve made it to diamond V, where all the people who ended in the gladiator circuit started, you should wait until most of those people work there way up some to play more.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★

A little context,

Finished last season in Diamond 1, started this season Plat V. Somehow managed to get to diamond V in a couple of days. Recently got Paragon with 1.4 mil rating.

Now, it has been around 9-10 matches I am getting top tier matches which is frustrating because I would want to win in order to move up.

What should I do?

Stop playing?
    Keep on losing?
    Take a gap or wait?

Grow your roster and keep playing. Your account rating doesn't matter either.

The only matchmaking rule that exists is that you're matched with everyone in the tier you're in. You were able to climb the ladder last season, you can do it again.

As others have said, give it a week.
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 396 ★★

A little context,

What should I do?

Stop playing?
    Keep on losing?
    Take a gap or wait?

I am Valiant , facing account with avg 10 7* R3 what should I do ???
  • Frumpy_geezerFrumpy_geezer Member Posts: 26
    PT_99 said:

Well, account rating 5 and 4 million are force exiting out from diamond V IV, like after win screen it's clearly showing that those players exited just to take loss and not rank up.

Kabam should look into it. I got my wins so whatever but it'll only mean that those players are farming points and will stomp 2 players before losing twice deliberately, then stomp 2 players then lose twice and repeat till they get 2500 Titan shards 🤡

What if there was no loss penalty for quitting/forfeiting? I think there is something in place where they track people who just put their device down to lose intentionally, so no one would do that. Then it would allow people who have to fight accounts they have no way of winning against to not do it, and force those who are farming up the track as they can't intentionally stay in one place. The only downside would be to large accounts who no one plays against but I think that would only hinder them until they move up which they should be doing anyway. Last season I came across that a lot. Accounts that were similar to me that had a decent shot just quitting.

• UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,302 ★★★★

A little context,

What should I do?

Stop playing?
    Keep on losing?
    Take a gap or wait?

The only matchmaking rule that exists is that you're matched with everyone in the tier you're in.
    That's not true. Cause I was Diamond V and matched with a Platinum I this morning.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,696 ★★★★★
    Asher1_1 said:

A little context,

What should I do?

Stop playing?
    Keep on losing?
    Take a gap or wait?

There is f2p player out there with 5 r3 should be able to beat one with 10.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

A little context,

What should I do?

Stop playing?
    Keep on losing?
    Take a gap or wait?

The only matchmaking rule that exists is that you're matched with everyone in the tier you're in.
    That's not true. Cause I was Diamond V and matched with a Platinum I this morning.
    It does that sometimes. The game will occasionally match a player with a player in an adjacent tier. It probably does that when it either cannot find a match in the tier or odd man matches, which is to say if nine people simultaneously look for matches in the same tier the game can only match eight of them together, and the match algorithm might have an option in it to match the odd man out with another odd man out in an adjacent tier rather than queue and wait.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★

A little context,

What should I do?

Stop playing?
    Keep on losing?
    Take a gap or wait?

Those are rare instances. It's similar to AW in that if it can't find an opponent, it goes wider.

PT_99 said:

What if there was no loss penalty for quitting/forfeiting? I think there is something in place where they track people who just put their device down to lose intentionally, so no one would do that. Then it would allow people who have to fight accounts they have no way of winning against to not do it, and force those who are farming up the track as they can't intentionally stay in one place. The only downside would be to large accounts who no one plays against but I think that would only hinder them until they move up which they should be doing anyway. Last season I came across that a lot. Accounts that were similar to me that had a decent shot just quitting.
    If I want to lose, there is no way to prevent me from losing. I can just watch Youtube videos while not looking at the screen, or I can just deliberately miss a few parries. There's no way to tell the difference without extremely sophisticated gameplay analysis whether I'm sandbagging or not.

The real detection mechanism is the same one they use in Vegas. Pit bosses have no way to know what's going on in your head: they cannot detect card counting directly. But they *can* detect the other half of card counting, which is constantly changing your bets based on the count. All pit bosses are taught how to count cards, so that if they suspect someone of card counting, they just start counting themselves and if a player starts betting when the count is good and lowering their bet when the count is bad, they know they are card counting.

A player trying to deliberately manipulate matches for solo points has to do two separate things to be remotely effective. They have to win one and then lose two (more or less) to continue to stay in a low tier and get favorable matches. And they have to use energy when they lose and marks when they win. If they use energy for every match, then it will take 600 matches to reach 300,000 points burning 9000 energy. I doubt anyone does that, and this is so extreme this would also be easy to detect and difficult for a player to defend.

Kabam is specifically looking for players who try to point farm with this strategy, and there's no way to lose in a way they can't detect, because they aren't specifically looking for players who lose "deliberately." It is enough to lose, and bet in a manner consistent with the player *knowing* with a high degree of certainty when they are going to win and when they are going to lose. If you know when you're going to win and you know when you're going to lose, or even if you're just right often enough, that's proof enough that you're losing deliberately.

If you see players that seem reasonable strength quitting out, that's probably less that they are solo point farming, and more likely they are just objective farming. They might have decided to get a few quick matches in to reach the play-three objective. As far as I'm aware, while this is probably frowned upon, there's no explicit rule forbidding it.

Or, and this is also a possibility, you should not presume that everything that players do in Battlegrounds makes sense. I still run into people who have one and two star champs in their deck. They might think this helps them, but it does not. Players do all kinds of things thinking they are doing something useful when they are not, because most of the players playing the game get their knowledge from their friend Bob, who makes up most of the stuff they claim they know.

A little context,

What should I do?

Stop playing?
    Keep on losing?
    Take a gap or wait?

Think about it this way. You were better than the average player in P5, so you promoted quickly. You were better than the average player in P4, so you promoted quickly again. You continued to promote, and as you did you were leaving those players behind. You would expect that the players behind you are worse in general, and the players ahead of you are better in general. Eventually you're going to run into players about as strong as you, but even there you're going to promote because you are earning two medals for every win and only losing one medal for every loss. Even with a 50/50 record you're still going to promote, right?

But at some point, you're eventually going to run into players much stronger than you. You promoted five tiers in a couple of days. Nothing else was going to stop you. So now you have. The only players you can beat are now behind you. You can't match against them, because they haven't caught up to you yet.

You tell me what would the best course of action be in that situation.
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 396 ★★
    Gamer said:

Asher1_1 said:

A little context,

What should I do?

Stop playing?
    Keep on losing?
    Take a gap or wait?

There is f2p player out there with 5 r3 should be able to beat one with 10.
    Lol there are players with good luck also they have every good champ that's good in BGs.🤷
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian
    Asher1_1 said:

A little context,

What should I do?

Stop playing?
    Keep on losing?
    Take a gap or wait?

You ever played Hollow Knight? Before you fight the actual final boss, one of the characters gives really good advice on what to do in that situation 😉
  • MethodMan69MethodMan69 Member Posts: 238

A little context,

What should I do?

Stop playing?
    Keep on losing?
    Take a gap or wait?

Just wait