Fishy giveaway?

Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 461 ★★★
Soooo, there were hundreds of people saying that the giveaway code wasn't working (myself included, said the message was blocked by moderation settings), and somehow there were still winners in the giveaway?

Someone wanna explain why so many people were blocked but it somehow still worked? For instance, I'm not banned from the chat, but that message refused to send...

Comments

• captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,245 ★★★★★
    Yes when I entered the code it said the code was banned my mods or something like that
  • Zephyre33Zephyre33 Member Posts: 181
    same thing happened said i could not send the message as it conflicted with the moderator settings but was the code ticket or tickets ?
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 461 ★★★
    Like, I get that things happen, but people already think the giveaways are scams, and then you have literally hundreds of people (if not more) saying "Hey, this isn't working", but the giveaway is still complete.

Why were some people prohibited from entry without a reason?
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,134 ★★★★★
    CanIGetAnIceman
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    What code did you type?
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 461 ★★★
    Lokx said:

What code did you type?

!ticket, like they said. But a message popped up saying something like "message cannot be sent due to channel Moderators settings" (not exact words)
  • SpaceflavourSpaceflavour Member Posts: 12
    The worst part is there was zero acknowledgement from the people on screen or the mods (from what I saw). If our entries still counted then at least tell us that but if not, it means the draw wasn’t fair. Not that I expected to win anyway 🤣.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,319 Guardian
    (moved here)
    @Danxor
    Danxor said:

A large number of people in twitch chat when typing in !ticket got the following error

"Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings."

And thus were unable to join the giveaway. This is entirely unfair that your moderation settings were flagging people trying to join the giveaway.

• Original_ShockzOriginal_Shockz Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2
    It was so weird
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,380 ★★★★★
    Code worked for me no problem
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,381 ★★★★★
    I was able to enter. Definitely not saying there wasn't something wrong though
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★
    Yep same error. Rigged giveaway. No way it was legit
  • ShuGokisShuGokis Member Posts: 665 ★★★
    Feels off won't lie. Like surely someone would have seen so many people saying it wasn't working and redo the giveaway but with a code that actually works?

Sucks that so many were kept out of the giveaway because of this.
  • UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,304 ★★★★
    Not only that, but he kept saying "ticket" with "no s", and then during the giveaway kept saying "tickets" so I didn't even know what to believe or which one was right, since I saw SO many people doing either one.

The whole thing was a mess. He briefly said something about a graphic or why they didn't end up putting one up but how hard is that to get right? Honestly.
  • ShuGokisShuGokis Member Posts: 665 ★★★
    edited August 2

Not only that, but he kept saying "ticket" with "no s", and then during the giveaway kept saying "tickets" so I didn't even know what to believe or which one was right, since I saw SO many people doing either one.

The whole thing was a mess. He briefly said something about a graphic or why they didn't end up putting one up but how hard is that to get right? Honestly.

Even the pinned comment at the top of chat said !ticket spent the first like minute or so making sure everyone knew it was !TICKET not TICKETS really sucks. I wouldn't have won anyway but would have been nice for everyone to take part.
  • 713_o_f1673r713_o_f1673r Member Posts: 271 ★★
    I didn't get the error message everyone seems to be getting, but I believe this is rigged anyway.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,417 Guardian

• RoggamRoggam Member Posts: 127
    There were probably 5 that got in
  • SpaceflavourSpaceflavour Member Posts: 12
    I don’t think it was rigged, I just think it was poorly executed having had so much content to cover and work on during the stream. Just some brief acknowledgement of the chat when so many people were saying there was an error would’ve sufficed to clarify why some people could enter with no problem and others apparently couldn’t.
    So do another drawing with those who entered the right info and did not get in @KabamDORK 5 more beta rays will not kill kabam and yes they can see who entered in the chat even when it goes offline.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,417 Guardian
    ShuGokis said:

Pikolu said:

If they saw why did they not stop it? just honestly sucks. so many people missed out on that.
    Idk, I wasn't there and is probably one of those, too late sort of things. If they saw the issue with no immediate way of rectifying it, then the real options are, 1. Continue anyways with the drawing, and 2. Don't do any giveaway. While you can make arguments for both sides, they chose to continue and now we can just hope it is fixed before next time. There's been a lot of change that has happened recently, so we should give them some grace since they are just figuring some of this stuff out.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Member Posts: 822 ★★★★
    The stream felt disorganized. I don’t think there’s any big conspiracy but it did feel like they were unprepared. I like Dave and it was his first stream so I don’t want to be unkind but that stream wasn’t a win and I’m sure they know that.
  • Zephyre33Zephyre33 Member Posts: 181
    also when jax was around he used to mentioned how many people actually entered the code dave didn't mentioned any of it and i dont think streamlabs was in place as well like saying this person got a spot
    Lokx said:

So do another drawing with those who entered the right info and did not get in @KabamDORK 5 more beta rays will not kill kabam and yes they can see who entered in the chat even when it goes offline.

While i understand the frustration, the 5 beta ray bills are a gift to the community based on their generosity, it’s also a free gift. While the mistake is unfortunate i don’t see them viewing this mistake as compensation worthy mistake, nor does it really need to be.
    Not asking for compensation. Saying that they should check the livestream replay. Find the people who entered the correct info who were not in the pool of people who they supposedly pulled from and do 5 more beta rays from that pool of people. It’s not saying compensation, it’s saying a secondary drawing of 5 people so those who got sc##### by not gaining an entry they should have get a chance at winning. People showed up to the stream and it was planned to give them away. 5 more won’t kill kabam.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,573 ★★★★★
    I saw a lot of inappropriate chat when Riri (not sure if how is the spelling) was doing her Shathra presentation, hope its not people that were being tools the ones complaining about not being able to enter the giveaway 🤷
  • AzdefAzdef Member Posts: 224
    It didn't go through for me either...