Alliance war helper mobile app - Android

Aegon09Aegon09 Member Posts: 9
edited September 2023 in General Discussion
Hello guys,

Hope you are doing well. I have created an Android app that can help alliance officers to create a list of players and their champions to show who can place what champions.

This is version 1, so I have tried to add the most basic functionality only. What I am looking for is help from all of you. Perhaps try the app and see what suggestions you have to improve this app. You guys can submit your reviews on playstore as well. I will use all the feedbacks from you to improve this app further because it is important to know the player base needs before adding further functionality.

This is the appstore link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apprajapati.marvelite

Unfortunately, I have only Android version of the app, so only android users can use this app, and I am looking into ways to develop an iOS application as well.

So, please spread the word and give your valuable feedback. Hope this app helps alliances in some way.

P.S.
I couldn't use all app screenshots because playstore doesn't allow the use of the word MCOC.

Comments

• hi_im_sirhi_im_sir Member Posts: 271 ★★
    I've got a few suggestions you could do. One is being able to add a roster of champs for a player then when making the bg defence pick 5 certain champs. Another thing is having presets of each war map so we know what nodes there are etc
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,100 ★★★★★
    I'll try it out for you and give feedback. Thanks for putting in the effort
  • Aegon09Aegon09 Member Posts: 9
    hi_im_sir said:

I've got a few suggestions you could do. One is being able to add a roster of champs for a player then when making the bg defence pick 5 certain champs. Another thing is having presets of each war map so we know what nodes there are etc

Yeah I agree with those suggestions. I started this project for fun to solve a problem from the perspective of officers. The thing is that the ability to add champs for a player would require a server. Currently I made this app in a way that I don't require any server, but in future, yes I will be thinking of how viable it is for me to do that. Thank you.
    edited September 2023

Thank you :smile: It would mean a lot.

Look at you adorable developer, but the lovely community just didn't even care, it's pretty bad that the community doesn't appreciate such tools because they don't know that coding is hard job.

go on! i believe you'll succeed!! 💪🏻

Coding is fun! And I appreciate the sentiment. Thank you for the comment. Hopefully you'd try and give your feedback.
    I've already loaded my alliance and it seems pretty good. I'll have to wait and see if it replaces out Excel spreadsheet, but visual it looks way nicer.

The only thing that I would like to suggest that I think is do-able is to add nodes for which champion goes where along with the node description. It also may be there but I haven't deep dived into it yet.
    edited September 2023

I've already loaded my alliance and it seems pretty good. I'll have to wait and see if it replaces out Excel spreadsheet, but visual it looks way nicer.

The only thing that I would like to suggest that I think is do-able is to add nodes for which champion goes where along with the node description. It also may be there but I haven't deep dived into it yet.

I am extremely happy to hear that the visuals look nice. That is what I was going for because its easy for officers to just take a screenshot so players can just see and place without thinking or asking questions like who should I place and such. This is the first version so I tried for only the most basic functionality, so node info isn't there unfortunately but yes I have thought about that and will be considering it. I will have to think about how the user interface will work and fit into what I got because on mobile, I am working with limited screen space. But I really appreciate you trying the app. In more section of the app, I added what I will be adding next in the app.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★
    edited September 2023
    have you seen the website https://arni2.site/??
    now as you said you would not be able to do too much similar to that without a server,
    but it may give you some ideas.

i have not been able to look yet at your app,
    but what i know i love about the arni 2 website is the profile pics of each champ and the ability to add the star ratings and sig levels and how it highlights if you accidentally place a dupe.
    you can assign the defenders to a node so when you show the image to your alliance it shows where to place.
    (not as much of an issue now with persistant defences)

i love the convenience of an app so it would be really nice to see how you continue to develop it.
    edited September 2023
    Maat1985 said:

now as you said you would not be able to do too much similar to that without a server,

but what i know i love about the arni 2 website is the profile pics of each champ and the ability to add the star ratings and sig levels and how it highlights if you accidentally place a dupe.
    you can assign the defenders to a node so when you show the image to your alliance it shows where to place.

i love the convenience of an app so it would be really nice to see how you continue to develop it.

Yes, I have heard about that website but also heard complaints that it doesn't work. Personally haven't tried that though. Really happy to hear that you mentioned node placement information because I really think it would help officers to not think a lot and quickly place on the given node info inside the app. Thank you for that.

As for the other things, my app does show if you place duplicates, AW total diversity and the ability to add rank, sig and star level.

Also curious, you weren't able to look at the app? Is it because you don't use an Android phone? If there's other issue other than device, then feel free to let me know so I can look into it and provide a possible solution.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★
    Aegon09 said:

Maat1985 said:

Yes, I have heard about that website but also heard complaints that it doesn't work. Personally haven't tried that though. Really happy to hear that you mentioned node placement information because I really think it would help officers to not think a lot and quickly place on the given node info inside the app. Thank you for that.

As for the other things, my app does show if you place duplicates, AW total diversity and the ability to add rank, sig and star level.

Also curious, you weren't able to look at the app? Is it because you don't use an Android phone? If there's other issue other than device, then feel free to let me know so I can look into it and provide a possible solution.
    yeah i don't have android phone.
    i am looking to get a tablet but at the moment i am droidless. (except for my car stereo, but thats a bit awkward to do stuff like this on.)
  • HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Member Posts: 877 ★★★★
    It would be nice if Kabam had some what to pull people’s champs into a list and auto import into an app like this.
    edited September 2023
    hi_im_sir said:

Perhaps I had thought about this in a different way than the way you are actually telling me. I thought players can install the app and then select their champs and officers can find them in app and get their champs - Yes, that would require for me to have a server.

But currently, you (or an officer) can select 5 champs per player in the app and you can edit them if that changes.

I have a few players asking me for presets, or the way I like to think is save the setup based on their AW tier changes, so I will be doing that in the next version. It would be like the ability to save the defense and add another, so if tier changes, you can load the previous saved setup and send to players. Thank you.
    Maat1985 said:

Aegon09 said:

Maat1985 said:

yeah i don't have android phone.
    i am looking to get a tablet but at the moment i am droidless. (except for my car stereo, but thats a bit awkward to do stuff like this on.)
    You can certainly tell someone in your alliance who has Android phone and try this app. I have been wanting to learn iOS development as well, so one day for sure I will develop iOS app too because I know iOS user base is large. One day my friend haha. Thanks, it looks like this though:

Hello? Still using the app? Is there anything that'd make it more useful? or Is it even useful? Thank you.
    Aegon09 said:

Hello? Still using the app? Is there anything that'd make it more useful? or Is it even useful? Thank you.
    Sadly, my alliance and I decided that we really hate the new war design and have given up on it. We just place whom we want and see if we win (we're not high tier - silver 1 to gold3).

We really hate the placement phase, not being able to 'kick' people out of a battle group or move them between groups. So I haven't used your app much.
  • thisisimpossiblthisisimpossibl Member Posts: 69
    Now that the arni site is down, I was looking for a replacement and this app seems to do the job perfectly. Glad I found it!
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,904 ★★★★★
    Which tech stacks did you use? Can i look into your code do you have a github repo?