Initial Thoughts on Beta Ray Bill?

NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 418 ★★★
edited August 8 in General Discussion

I for one am very excited. FINALLY A 2024 champ with GREAT DAMAGE.
Hopefully kabam can continue this with the remaining champs of the year
What do y'all think of him?

Comments

• Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    edited August 8
    Great damage for short and long fights. Sig seems very nice to have and the damage reduction is such a big safety net. Good utility and resistances

Only downside is the shock reliance. He can get around that for longer fights through the sp3 and the mega furies but idk how he’d do for shorter ones. It’s great that res doesn’t mean much though since the burst still applies. Anywhere where they aren’t fully immune to shock for shorter fights, he’ll destroy it
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★
    I don’t have him yet but he’s looking great so far. Gives me hope for the rest of this year’s champs
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,130 ★★★★★
    edited August 8
    They didn’t fumble the bag this time lol
  • Bayle The DreadBayle The Dread Member Posts: 447 ★★★★
    So glad he’s not morbius 2.0. Actually usable against meta defenders in BGs.
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 418 ★★★
    But low-key I am excited to enchantress. Not ideal to start hating until we get our hands on her first.
    Let's see how good she is offensively first I do think she's better than alot of 2024 champs offensively as well just seems too complex
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,328 ★★★★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

But low-key I am excited to enchantress. Not ideal to start hating until we get our hands on her first.
    Let's see how good she is offensively first I do think she's better than alot of 2024 champs offensively as well just seems too complex

Yeah she seems good. Like she won’t be a fast attacker for bg most likely but she’s a 5/5 defender so instant deck addition there. She also has the utility of every mystic champ combined into one if you can get the spells down so for war and other content (esp if we see chunky cosmics) I already know who I’ll choose. She’s practically unkillable with all the spells up and a damage machine it seems
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

In all seriousness she has ridiculous utility, I just don't think the damage looks good in short fights cause she needs to be able to ramp to shine. She seems like a very strong defender though so probably will be a must have regardless.
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 418 ★★★

NONYABIZZ said:

In all seriousness she has ridiculous utility, I just don't think the damage looks good in short fights cause she needs to be able to ramp to shine. She seems like a very strong defender though so probably will be a must have regardless.
    Let's wait and see. I guess I'm a little bit nicer cos I'm happy with how BRB is performing. Remember, I did tell you I was going to be joining you in your enchantress rants if she were to underperform.
    But seeing BRB have Great damage has given me hope that maybe the remainder champs will follow.
    Let's wait and see when enchantress releases how she will perform
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

NONYABIZZ said:

Let's wait and see. I guess I'm a little bit nicer cos I'm happy with how BRB is performing. Remember, I did tell you I was going to be joining you in your enchantress rants if she were to underperform.
    But seeing BRB have Great damage has given me hope that maybe the remainder champs will follow.
    I don't think there's any hope left for Enchantress though cause even Dave and Mike said it, primarily for defense and long form content, which definitely makes sense if you look at the same rank Galan fight on the deep dive.
    With that being said, I do hope we get better damage dealers the rest of the year, BRB seems like a nice start.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,708 ★★★★★

NONYABIZZ said:

NONYABIZZ said:

I don't think there's any hope left for Enchantress though cause even Dave and Mike said it, primarily for defense and long form content, which definitely makes sense if you look at the same rank Galan fight on the deep dive.
    With that being said, I do hope we get better damage dealers the rest of the year, BRB seems like a nice start.
    If we base on what kabam has said i think we are still with defenders until next year
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,683 ★★★★★
    My first impression wasn’t great it the play style to getting the paused one the furv where he shines but the AI atm is unreal bad. So for me I could take down Sl in lol in 2m in one match then the next 5m it unrealistic not fun.
  • SolvseusSolvseus Member Posts: 113
    He looks weird. Why the big red fauxhawk? I’m not up on the latest comics, looks like there are toys of him looking like this now, but the classic look was fine. It’s like the new menus, overly complicated for no reason.

Enchantress looks ok, I guess I’ll see how she plays.

I mean I guess he’s aight ;)

Science Scorpion confirmed?
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 790 ★★★
    My question is, would he be a necro option? I am thinking of either Ranking him or Shuri to do the Namor path in Necro. Decisions, decisions..
    Emilia90 said:

Adding that makes him overcomplicated? He still looks good and he’s animated well, it doesn’t detract much from him tbh

It doesn’t, but his old look in the comics was fine. This just seems unnecessary. Compare it to someone like Drax, who used to look goofy in the comics, but then they simplified him. Sometimes simpler is better.

EdisonLaw said:

I mean I guess he’s aight ;)

Science Scorpion confirmed?
    We already have a science scorpion. That is scorpion, lol.
    Meant to say cosmic scorpion
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,530 ★★★★★
    Solvseus said:

Emilia90 said:

Adding that makes him overcomplicated? He still looks good and he’s animated well, it doesn’t detract much from him tbh

It doesn’t, but his old look in the comics was fine. This just seems unnecessary. Compare it to someone like Drax, who used to look goofy in the comics, but then they simplified him. Sometimes simpler is better.
    Maybe. But every comic character gets new looks all the time. Don't like one? It'll change sooner or later lol.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,667 ★★★★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

Emilia90 said:

EdisonLaw said:

I don’t have him yet but he’s looking great so far. Gives me hope for the rest of this year’s champs

Don’t let Clobberin see this but Enchantress looks kinda fire too. Next month is summoners choice so I hope she’s especially good and not a gladiator repeat (pre-buff)
    @ItsClobberinTime 😈
    Lmfaooo petty
    Hang on, Bethany Ray William?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrzP_G_ynOI
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,388 ★★★★★

The Captain Marvel synergy is good.
    Buttehrs said:

Maybe. But every comic character gets new looks all the time. Don't like one? It'll change sooner or later lol.

Comics:

Kabam:
  • Rob0001Rob0001 Member Posts: 27
    Anyone else have an error message pop up during wins with him?