Tips on Farming Gold??

Paul_RuddPaul_Rudd Member Posts: 105
Looking for advice on getting more gold, I seem to always be running out of gold and I wanna rank up champs. How can I get a decent amount of gold?

Comments

• Fighter092Fighter092 Member Posts: 145
    Incursions and arenas
  • AadhyVanAadhyVan Member Posts: 80
    edited August 16
    Best ways to get Gold:

1) Arena Milestones
    - Featured ( 38K - First 3 Milestones)
    - Basic (30K - First 3 Milestones)
    - 4* Arena (51K - First 5 Milestones)
    2) Incursions Milestone
    - 100K (10 Milestones)
    3) Events Milestones (22 hr and 7 hr)
    - 50K (Milestones 1 and 3)
    - 22K (Milestones 1 to 3)
    4) Monthly EQ (Thronebreaker Difficulty)
    - 3.6M for Full Exploration
    - 2M from The Gauntlet

- Arena Crystals (from using Battlechips)
    - Gold Crystals (from the 22 hr and 7 hr crystals)

Personally, I sell all my basic ISO for Gold, never use them for ranking up champs.

If you are Valiant, check https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/366400/the-weirdest-way-to-buy-gold-for-valiants#latest
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,954 ★★★★
    You can get Gold Crystals with Glory and BG tokens as well
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,701 ★★★★★
    The reuinion event is offering a lot of arena chips atm
  • SPYDominatorsSPYDominators Member Posts: 7
    I was in the same situation last night.. I played incursions, did couple of 8.3 paths and sold around 200 t4 class crystals and boom.. I have reached 7M gold :)
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 916 ★★★
    You get 1.5 mil aweek from the iso and gold mysterium offer. It costs 5000 in total. Absolute steal imo
  • Josh2507Josh2507 Member Posts: 706 ★★★★
    I buy 6 - 8 gold crystals in the glory store each week, that's usually enough
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,367 ★★★
    Another good one, is to only use gold on champs you need.
  • bhuv9191bhuv9191 Member Posts: 282 ★★

You get 1.5 mil aweek from the iso and gold mysterium offer. It costs 5000 in total. Absolute steal imo

how?? Can u share som snap pls?

how?? Can u share som snap pls?

from BG tokens, i never heard of?
    It's in the mysterium store. You get mysterium from monthly events.

uh ya got it!

That's recent addon tabs.

But will it be permanent?
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Member Posts: 888 ★★★★

I get 3m!
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Member Posts: 888 ★★★★

BG store does NOT have gold crystals of any description.
  • Toproller89Toproller89 Member Posts: 810 ★★★
    Waiting for @DNA3000 to give a thesis on this one.

Arena, incursions and variant difficulty back issues if you haven’t explored that yet are good ways.

Also t5 basic cats from glory store are worth 50k a piece and are decent value for the first few.
    bhuv9191 said:

uh ya got it!

That's recent addon tabs.

But will it be permanent?
    Should be. At least for a long while.
    Shamir51 said:

I get 3m!
    Valiant?
    Shamir51 said:

BG store does NOT have gold crystals of any description.
    If only
  • Paul_RuddPaul_Rudd Member Posts: 105

Are you talking abt the 60000 gold and the iso selector they offer in the store? Still haven’t beaten act 6 yet so maybe my offers are worse?
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,068 ★★★★★
    Duping champs and selling expiring Iso, it is by far the easiest way to “farm gold”
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,753 ★★★★★
    edited August 16
    Ease up on rank ups until you get a gold acquiring strategy, and build your gold stash.

And are you free to play? Or are you a spender?
    BigBlueOx said:

Duping champs and selling expiring Iso, it is by far the easiest way to “farm gold”

^^^^
    Someone tell, getting gold via BG tokens??

Is that possible??

Ease up on rank ups until you get a gold acquiring strategy, and build your gold stash.

I’m a mix of both, I spend and grind
  • Will3808Will3808 Member Posts: 3,743 ★★★★★
    My go to sources are monthly eq (the exploration paths all have a lot) and incursions.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    It also helps not leveling or ranking up unless level up 22hr event is up.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,387 Guardian
    Paul_Rudd said:

Looking for advice on getting more gold, I seem to always be running out of gold and I wanna rank up champs. How can I get a decent amount of gold?

All the good sources of gold have pretty much been mentioned by the other posters, so I’ll mention the one gold option that hasn’t been mentioned yet. Whenever possible, always use class appropriate ISO to rank up.

When you use class specific ISO on a champ of the same class, you get a 50% bonus. In other words, if you use a 5k ISO brick and it matches the class of your champ, you actually get 7.5k level up points. In effect, it’s essentially getting a 33% discount in terms of gold, because you are using fewer ISO bricks and thus spending less gold to use them to level up.

But how can you consistently use the right class ISO? One way is to use the 4* class crystals. There’s a constant rotation of 4* (and 5*) crystals that contain only two classes of champs in them. That means when you open them you have a 50% chance to get the class you want if you use them to aim at a class. So if you buy those and hold them, you can use those to try to get the right class ISO when you need it. Another thing you can do is save lower rarity nexus crystals, because once again you have a very good chance of getting the class you want.

So hold crystals you don’t really need that give you a higher chance of getting the class ISO you need, and then only use the right class ISO when you rank up, and that’s like automagically getting 33% more gold than what you’re getting now through any means.
    Paul_Rudd said:

Ok cool. So am I but just not a heavy grinder because it takes too much of my time. Kabam has been and still is stingy with the gold. They intend to keep us hungry for it, and will ration it out in small portions, even though it's getting more and more expensive to rank champs. Here's my "gold mining" strategy. It's situational, but maybe something in it can help you.

Daily unit store: I spend around $10-$20 a week on the daily unit store specials. They have champion crystals. If the champ is a dupe, then that will give iso which can be sold for gold.

Glory store: use glory on UC gold crystals instead of rank up materials. These give a minimum of 19,500 gold per crystal.

Trader's Outpost: currently has gold bundles that can be purchased with Mysterium. Get those instead of rank up materials. Kabam sometimes put gold bundles in these events. Anytime there are gold bundles, get those instead of rank up mats. There were gold bundles, or tons of iso available in the previous Deadpool Poolie event. I was able to get millions in gold from this.

Clearing content: Exploration gives more gold.

And like others have already said: grind Arenas. (I personally rarely or don't do this since I hate the arena grind)

If you haven't already, slow down with the rank ups. Ask yourself does this champ NEED to be ranked right now? If so, why? Can it wait? I've done this with A LOT of champs lol. Many 6*'s are sitting at r1-r4, and many 7*'s are sitting at r1.

Hope this helps!

Paul_Rudd said:

Ok cool. So am I but just not a heavy grinder because it takes too much of my time. Kabam has been and still is stingy with the gold. They intend to keep us hungry for it, and will ration it out in small portions, even though it's getting more and more expensive to rank champs. Here's my "gold mining" strategy. It's situational, but maybe something in it can help you.

Daily unit store: I spend around $10-$20 a week on the daily unit store specials. They have champion crystals. If the champ is a dupe, then that will give iso which can be sold for gold.

Glory store: use glory on UC gold crystals instead of rank up materials. These give a minimum of 19,500 gold per crystal.

Trader's Outpost: currently has gold bundles that can be purchased with Mysterium. Get those instead of rank up materials. Kabam sometimes put gold bundles in these events. Anytime there are gold bundles, get those instead of rank up mats. There were gold bundles, or tons of iso available in the previous Deadpool Poolie event. I was able to get millions in gold from this.

And like others have already said: grind Arenas. (I personally rarely or don't do this since I hate the arena grind)

If you haven't already, slow down with the rank ups. Ask yourself does this champ NEED to be ranked right now? If so, why? Can it wait? I've done this with A LOT of champs lol. Many 6*'s are sitting at r1-r4, and many 7*'s are sitting at r1.

Hope this helps!
    Appreciate all the insight, been wanting to rank up and max out 3 of these 5 stars I have all duped now (Scorpion, Onslaught, and Kate Bishop)

Paul_Rudd said:

Paul_Rudd said:

Hope this helps!
    Appreciate all the insight, been wanting to rank up and max out 3 of these 5 stars I have all duped now (Scorpion, Onslaught, and Kate Bishop)

I understand. The conflict though is real. You'll need some rank ups to help with clearing content, but you'll also need to stock up on gold because you need that to help with the rank ups lol.