Side quest - more annoying than sos…

Supersha7Supersha7 Member Posts: 223 ★★
edited August 17 in General Discussion
This weeks side quest has a really frustrating node.

The “heavy knock down after opponent does a special or else you get 33% dmg” node, given the persistent ai and input issues, is just stupidly annoying. It essentially punishes you for factors that you cannot control. May aswell just say you get a 6s timer after each opponent special, and after timer expires you take 33% dmg. At least that’s more honest!

Trying to knock down a defender within 6s with a heavy when there is a combination of these issues currently in game is just a pain:

1) unstoppable (can work around that)
2) uncooperative ai - either holds block, constantly evades when you try hit its block to bait a counter to parry, or refuses to do a heavy so you can heavy counter..
3) unable to parry (parry issues)

I’ve used more revives on this daft node than sos this week…

Comments

• LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,240 ★★★★
    Honestly hate the node, would be easier if they allowed knockdown with specials. Idk why they insist on heavies only.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,065 ★★★★★
    Another example that either Kabam has no idea that AI is **** or they just don't care

Who thought lets give 6 second timer where AI must be knocked down by HEAVY ONLY or die lol

These weeks AI have started to WALK instead of dashing in, goes like this, "Walk, do block-noblock 5 times, walk again."

Tf, if you try to interrupt the WALK you'll get either parry or light intercept into 5 combo into special attack into a dash in medium attack which WILL connect before your hero even gets up into 5 combo into KO.

Thank god AI don't have relic or that last 5 combo will get followed up by relic into 5 combo into special attack.
  • M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Member Posts: 216 ★★
    It was tougher than usual. Normally I never read SQ nodes and just go in and power through it. That didn't work this week, and I backed out twice because I didn't want to waste revives.

Turns out all I needed was to use Shuri.
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,112 ★★★★★
    Another rewards just don’t match the effort scenario. Just because it’s doable doesn’t mean it’s worth your time
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Member Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★
    The need for a heavy after the special wouldn't be as bad as it is if they didn't compound it with such awful champ choices. Mags is the easiest, but if you have no hope to heavy counter so you have to get a clean parry which means you have to hope he doesn't walk at you.
    Emma Frost will almost always go back into diamond form so you can't parry and you might not have the reach to heavy counter, if she even throws a heavy. So your "easy" option there would be to bring a less than ideal armor break champ to the party or hope your relic lines up right.
    And then there's Nightcrawler. Any multi-hit heavy champ is going to watch him evade the second hit, so you need to remember that. And it doesn't help that even though he was updated they still didn't fix the fact that he can let go of block without letting go of block so you're going to be stuck with him evading all day long.

None of these are impossible, but they're annoying as anything (especially when paired with the AI) and their difficulty isn't reflected in what you get for beating them.
  • Twist1298Twist1298 Member Posts: 180
    Supersha7 said:

This weeks side quest has a really frustrating node.

The “heavy knock down after opponent does a special or else you get 33% dmg” node, given the persistent ai and input issues, is just stupidly annoying. It essentially punishes you for factors that you cannot control. May aswell just say you get a 6s timer after each opponent special, and after timer expires you take 33% dmg. At least that’s more honest!

Trying to knock down a defender within 6s with a heavy when there is a combination of these issues currently in game is just a pain:

1) unstoppable (can work around that)
    2) uncooperative ai - either holds block, constantly evades when you try hit its block to bait a counter to parry, or refuses to do a heavy so you can heavy counter..
    3) unable to parry (parry issues)

I’ve used more revives on this daft node than sos this week…

Just made a post about this recently and Nightcrawler was the opponent it was beyond annoying.
  • Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Member Posts: 410 ★★
    combo to heavy champs made it easier, esp iDoom (except the one time I caught Emma on that node), but it still felt overturned for the rewards.
    it’s optional content, still, but Kabam has made quite a few players weigh that option and find it ain’t worth their efforts to complete. on this and several SQs this year.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,618 ★★★★★
    What I'm doing is, I did one run for the special objective this week and then saving my entry tokens for next week or 4th week. Depending on nodes. The rewards on the paths don't change week to week.