**UPDATE**
We are currently working to fix a known issue regarding Alliance Prestige. With the introduction of Relics, Summoner Prestige is now the average PI of your Top 5 Champions and the average PI of your Top 5 Relics (regardless of which Champion they are attached to) combined.

Today we pushed a fix that will allow for proper reward calculations in Alliance Quests. However, the display for Alliance Prestige will not be accurate and does not include Relic Prestige. This is a display issue only.
**KNOWN ISSUE**
Some items are displaying erroneous star ratings. This seems to be happening most on items where typically there are no star ratings. We have found the cause for the issue and it will be resolved, targeting mid-late next week.

5-Star Featured Crystal Change Discussion Thread

1161719212248

Comments

  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Is it possible if the same 18 cannot be in the basic pool back to back to back so that it is every 1 in 3 times they return instead of just back to back?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 15,440 Guardian
    I agree with this. But as there are better champs in the basic crystal than these 6 I doubt many people will buy it. Hopefully when it turns out to be a huge failure they will make it better.

    The new featured crystal's success doesn't hinge on the contents of the first one, any more than the success of the original featured crystals hinged on the contents of any particular one. If you don't want the current featured, you don't buy it and save for the next one. This crystal offers exactly the same choice in a more complex form. If you like the odds of pulling something you want in the current set of 24, you buy that one. If you don't like those odds because the mix of champions isn't something you want, you save for the next one. Because players are different, different players will almost certainly like or dislike different iterations of this crystal.

    I think the main problematic issue with them now is that the crystal will only change every three months which is a long time relatively speaking. Its not an immense time to wait and save, but I think as they continue to make 5* shards easier to get that timeframe will become too long. I like the idea mentioned earlier in the thread by someone to phase the featureds in and out. To take that idea and run with it, I think Kabam should put thought into allowing the featured crystal to remain available for three months as currently announced, but introduce a new one every month so that they overlap. At any particular moment there will (eventually) be three crystals available to acquire. In each crystal there will be a different mix of basics and the featured champions will shift by two: the two newest will be in that crystal and the two oldest will drop out.

    In other words, say in February the first crystal launches and it contains six featured champions - ABCDEF - and the eighteen announced basics. In March a new crystal launches and it contains the four newest featured and the two released in February - CDEFGH - and a different set of basics. In April, the next crystal launches containing EFGHIJ featureds and a different set of basics. In May, the next crystal launches and the original crystal launched in February expires and can't be purchased any more.

    If you like a particular iteration, you have three months to buy it same as now. But if you don't like it, you only have to wait a month to see what the next iteration is, rather than three months. It forces Kabam to create more iterations of the "basic batch" and that increases the likelihood that a particular player will see a set that appeals to them.

    It is a very small change to how the announced crystal works, in fact it doesn't change how the crystal works at all. It just changes the schedule of when new ones are released and staggers things to make that schedule work. And it addresses the issue of some players not liking the first version of the crystal. Instead of having to stare at it for three months, they can at least look forward to a new option appearing every month.
  • The_GrandmasterThe_Grandmaster Posts: 205
    Not sure if this has been said but it seems obvious to me that they are making these crystals less desirable on purpose. They know that a lot of people are gonna stop buying the 15k crystal and they are fine with that because now they are gonna have to buy the 300 unit uncollected crystals if they want a shot at a new champ and that means more money for Kabam and well that is what this game is all about for them... Finding new ways to make money from previously free content. just my opinion anyway.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 15,440 Guardian
    Mixalis wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Mixalis wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Mixalis wrote: »
    Mixalis wrote: »

    I didn't say to put all 24 Troll, my argument was where are some of thr better champs!

    Please be a bit more respectful. I am a real-life human being.

    My point is you have to put more attention to the 6 new champions. So the rest are there to make sure the chances are balanced. So the other 18 champions, shouldn't be more exciting to get than the "featured" ones. In that way, they make sure you keep trying to get the champions.

    Now given that only 6 of 24 are new, I can understand the disagreement with the chances.
    I think people are overreacting to these news. How many players actually buy the featured crystal anyway?

    I'm in a 15 mill alliance, while you're in a 6mil alliance. Of course you don't mind winning antman as a featured. Try fighting a 50k Majik in war with antman or the other trash champions they have.

    So when you say:
    Kabam likes to mess with the hand that feeds them. I'll remind you, the hand is the players! What is your argument about the other great champs not being brought in? Are they not used in aq/aq??!! There is noooo way the players will go for this ****!

    You mean a very specific subset of players, not all players. A subset that includes you, and doesn't include him.

    You regurgitated what my argument was against his initial reply. What was the point?

    I did no such thing. My "point" or at least one of them is to point out that this is not the case you appear to be making, however much you think you are. When you literally state your argument explicitly as "my argument was where are some of thr better champs!" and call someone a troll while you're doing so, that doesn't remotely sound like any attempt to advocate for fairness in the crystal. That sounds like an attempt to say that if someone else thinks there's value in the crystal, that's only because they aren't a strong enough player for their opinion to matter.

    If you don't see the hypocrisy in that, then you don't see my point because my point is something you're immune to understanding.

    I am entitled to my opinion that those champions have no use for me other than arena fodder. That person keeps replying to me that he doesn't mind having those champs, He can't keep saying that because he's not on my level! You are trying hard to always be right.

    Putting any effort into being wrong makes my head hurt.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    So for 3 months we are stuck with this **** crystal?
  • Just talked to the team, and they are comfortable with sharing the list of Champions we plan to include in the first Featured Champion Crystal. It's important to note that this list could still potentially change a little before the release, but the selected Champions are based on empirical data showing their effectiveness as 5-Star Champions in both Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars.

    Beast
    Storm
    Cable
    Cyclops (New Xavier School)
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Taskmaster

    Agent Venom
    Hawkeye
    Modok
    Sentry
    Void

    Ant-Man
    Mordo
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Hela
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Nebula
    Punisher (2099)
    Civil Warrior
    Doctor Octopus

    Bold Text denotes Featured Champions.

    Well... now I know I won't be trying for this crystal... at least 20/24 of these are worthless 5* champs, and the rest are mediocre at best (Nebula is probably the best, and she's not even a featured champ). I would never in my right mind pay 5k extra shards for a chance at these champs. This idea needs to be redone, or there needs to be better champs in the crystal, otherwise, this has been a waste of our time.
  • Everyone is forgetting that the Featured new hero can be attained that same day they launch by GMFC....300 unit’s for 3* trash. Are the odds going up to pull the Featured 5* in the Grandmaster Featured crystals?
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 522 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike This crystal needs to refresh every month. Put in the 2 new champs from that month and remove the oldest 2. And every feature champ will still spend 3 months in the crystal. You could also do that with the 18 in the basic pool. Remove 6, add 6 new. Make it 1 from every class.
    Otherwise, you will get a crystal with 24 champs that nobody will buy for 3 months. Like this 1st batch you plan to release. Having a crystal that doesn't change for 3 months would also be an anomaly. (Your word :smile: ).
  • NemesioNemesio Posts: 134
    When are 5 star arenas coming?
  • HuonuoHuonuo Posts: 42
    Dub wrote: »
    Dub wrote: »
    I want to see where storm or ant man are effective on any levels. The lower you to the worse they get. Storm used to hit hard before bleeders were crazy good. Now she’s mediocre at best. As far as Jane goes. If you want a good stun champ put hulk. Or put iceman or aa as chances so people’s odds of getting a decent champ are higher than like 8 percent

    I can't agree with that. Storm is a killer.

    You can’t tell me you’d be ok with pulling one of the oldest champs in the game out of a 15k shard deal over the champ your going for. I’ve had her r4 before and there’s a reason she’s not any more. She’s behind on the curb of champs.

    You can pull Storm from a Featured 5-Star Hero Crystal right now. You can also pull Ant Man, or Agent Venom, or any of the others listed here. You can also pull a lot more Champions, from Colossus, to Star Lord, to Kamala Khan. This is a smaller pool, where you know what you can get, and makes it easier to dupe any of the Champions involved.

    That is true, you can pull basics from current feature crystal, but from community testing, the chances are a little bit more favorable to get the feature champ in the current system. And thanks for pointing it out that now we can spend 50K more hard earned shards to dupe Storm/Venompool more selectively. New system should be an improvement over the old one, which we should have more chances to get our hands on the brand new feature champs. Your step is not in this direction, it's actually just the opposite..! Bravo... on trying to justify for kabam. I know community can see through it and stop buying feature 5* crystals all tougher along with 3* feature grandmaster crystals so Kabam will be motivated for a new change
  • When are you gonna put the forgotten champs in 5* form?
    Capwwii
    Thor
    OGDD
    BW
    Black bolt
    Etc etc??
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 15,440 Guardian
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    I have serious question right here and need an answer.

    1) Will the new 5* Featured crystal has the same drop rate chance as in the basic 5* crystal but limited to only 24? Because that's what I think you guys are trying to do.

    Yes, every Champion in the 5-Star Featured Crystal will have exactly the same chance to drop from the Crystal.

    There is a clear cons on the new 5* Featured crystal: the chance to get our favourite 5* champ from the 6 new champs will be reduced significantly.

    The better way to do, if the plan to do new 5* Featured crystal is unavoidable, is to make the same chance to get the featured champ in the current 5* Featured crystal only apply to the 6 new champs. It's not fair to have the same drop rate to all 24 champs when the curated 18 champs aren't even in our concern.
    Logically speaking, why would we waste our time to collect 5* shards only to spend the extra 5k shard on new 5* Featured crystal and not getting one of those 6 new champs?
    I bet everyone will agree with me.

    I don't think that bet is a good idea. I'm not entirely sure what you're saying, but both options seem wrong. The estimated chance to get the featured in the current featured 5* crystal is about 20% or one in five. You don't want them to make the chance to get one of the featured champs in the new crystal one in five, because the announced version has a six in twenty four or one in four chance to get a featured champion. It is higher.

    Alternatively, if you mean the odds of pulling *each* featured in the announced crystal should be the same as the odds of pulling featured in the current crystal, that's impossible. There are six of them, and if each had a one in five chance of being pulled that's 120%. That's mathematically meaningless.
  • FrnkieloFrnkielo Posts: 234 ★★
    Kabam is a business..business goal is to make money..so this nerf is designed to grab money..it solves two problem..kabam gets around stating the 20-25 percent chance to get featured which will hurt there 300 unit sales because ppl will try for 15k..they announce the percent at 4.2 which will discourage everyone..4.2 percent to get any of the 24 champs ...this will increase their 300 units featured crystal sales...they aren’t offering new champs in the new featured 5 star for few months after their release..this means when next god tier champ comes out everyone will spend all their money because in few months when that champ is added to 5 star featured crystal your chances are only 4.2 percent so everybody has to buy 300 unit crystals to get them...it’s a business being a business...hurts the player base and is unethical but there’s no regulation
  • TheGodfatherTheGodfather Posts: 30
    Dub wrote: »
    Dub wrote: »
    I want to see where storm or ant man are effective on any levels. The lower you to the worse they get. Storm used to hit hard before bleeders were crazy good. Now she’s mediocre at best. As far as Jane goes. If you want a good stun champ put hulk. Or put iceman or aa as chances so people’s odds of getting a decent champ are higher than like 8 percent

    I can't agree with that. Storm is a killer.

    You can’t tell me you’d be ok with pulling one of the oldest champs in the game out of a 15k shard deal over the champ your going for. I’ve had her r4 before and there’s a reason she’s not any more. She’s behind on the curb of champs.

    You can pull Storm from a Featured 5-Star Hero Crystal right now. You can also pull Ant Man, or Agent Venom, or any of the others listed here. You can also pull a lot more Champions, from Colossus, to Star Lord, to Kamala Khan. This is a smaller pool, where you know what you can get, and makes it easier to dupe any of the Champions involved.

    Forgot to mention that we have to potentially wait 3 months now, unless we are willing to fork over 300 units per FGMC for a rare chance at the desired 5-star champ.

    Disappointed this is going further and further towards a pay to win system.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    edited January 2018
    TKal wrote: »
    Just talked to the team, and they are comfortable with sharing the list of Champions we plan to include in the first Featured Champion Crystal. It's important to note that this list could still potentially change a little before the release, but the selected Champions are based on empirical data showing their effectiveness as 5-Star Champions in both Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars.

    Beast
    Storm
    Cable
    Cyclops (New Xavier School)
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Taskmaster

    Agent Venom
    Hawkeye
    Modok
    Sentry
    Void

    Ant-Man
    Mordo
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Hela
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Nebula
    Punisher (2099)
    Civil Warrior
    Doctor Octopus

    Bold Text denotes Featured Champions.

    You really picked the best mystics, I like it ! Would love to see what your data shows about effectiveniss in AW et AQ about those amazing god tier mystic champs

    Again, we never said that they were the best performing. It is also important to keep in mind that what may be desirable at your level of play may differ from other players as well. A lot of players could use a Champ that hits as hard as Storm with her Special Attacks, or the ability to shrug off debuffs like Agent Venom, or Stun like Jane Foster.


    Yet again you’re missing the point, by February the 13th, Magik, Mephisto, MorningStar, Dormmammu, Ghost Rider, Dr Voodoo and Guillotine would have been added to the basic, find it really strange that none of those above average 5* champs is in the pool of the mystics, like you really put worst mystics all together. Even if they aren’t bad, they are the worst champs that you can have in the basic pool, that’s all.
  • ClaytonClayton Posts: 43
    ***Cash grab cash grab cash grab***

    Love how they clearly say you can go get the Newly released champs from FGMCs, but how do u get those units and what’s the easiest fastest way to get units, money money money.... so sad and pathetic by kabam...
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    Not sure if this has been said but it seems obvious to me that they are making these crystals less desirable on purpose. They know that a lot of people are gonna stop buying the 15k crystal and they are fine with that because now they are gonna have to buy the 300 unit uncollected crystals if they want a shot at a new champ and that means more money for Kabam and well that is what this game is all about for them... Finding new ways to make money from previously free content. just my opinion anyway.

    You know, you may be right with this. Buying crystals with units has to be a better business for them. An those crystals have been around for a couple of months now, so they are pretty sure how much money they can make with it. Which is valid.

    Perhaps instead of making this featured crystal so complicated, they should have just applied the same rules as to the 4-star featured crystals. I don't know.

    You have to see the silver lining though, a pool of 24 champs should grant more 6-star shards.
  • I can see it now


    Gambit
    (New God tier mutant [deadpool])
    Colossus
    Magneto (red)
    (New above average skill champ)
    Falcon
    Moonknight
    Daredevil (netflix)
    Joe Fixit
    Rhino
    She Hulk
    Abomination
    (New below average mystic)
    (New sub par mystic)
    Guilotine
    Iron Fist
    (New below average cosmic)
    Venom
    Groot
    Drax
    Howard the Duck
    Hulkbuster
    Iron Patriot
    (New sub par tech)

    Oh and all these 18 switch each month back to the previous 18. :) I can see this
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    LiquidButt wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike

    Maybe i missed it but how often does this crystal get "refreshed" ? like how often do the 18 champs get changed?

    There will be a New Crystal every 3 Months. This Crystal will feature the 6 newest Champions, and another pool of 18 Champions as the Base Pool.

    If you keep cycling the 18 champs, eventually you're going to create a completely STACKED 15K crystal if the next couple are as underwhelming as this one.

    Champions will repeat, but will not appear twice in a row.

    so basically there is enough trash champs that they can alternate these every time and just so happen to never put any good ones in. basically..

    how about a character doesn't go back in until the entire pool has been in once!?!?! thats fair!

    Bro, they'll just delay putting any good ones in till the game shuts down. 18 **** champs per 3 month crystal. They can delay this for 2 years :)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 15,440 Guardian
    @GroundedWisdom you are in favor of the new crystal? I'm shocked... Still waiting for you do disagree with something, with anything that Kabam does. Maybe if you pretended to disagree with something just to add a little credibility...

    I don't need to solemnly disagree with anything just to prove some kind of allegiance to the Players. I've explained this before. I'm not part of the "US Vs. THEM" mentality.

    Solemnly disagreeing with something wouldn't prove that anyway, nor is that something worth attempting to prove.

    Credibility, on the other hand, is not something anyone is entitled to. You don't have to take any action to earn it, but neither will anyone offer it for free, nor can anyone do so even if they wanted to.
  • TheGodfatherTheGodfather Posts: 30
    So next month (February) Gladiator Hulk and Killmonger come out.

    If I want them as a 5*, the only way to get them next month is from 300 unit crystals?! Otherwise I have to wait until May?!?! That’s crazy!

    Out of curiosity, why is having to wait crazy? There is no other Crystal in the game that lets you use shards for a Champion at its release, and unless you choose to purchase the Featured Hero Crystal, you have to wait until they are released in the Basic Hero Crystal to have a chance at the 3-Star or 4-Star Champion.

    The 5-Star Featured Hero crystal was an anomaly in the game that made sense with the state of the game when they were introduced, but that was a very long time ago, when you may never have a chance at that Champion again.

    Please Miike, kindly share with us what the state of the game is now, because we must be confused.

    I thought this was equal parts free to play and pay to win.

    Now, The people with the fattest wallets will be the ones with the most advantage at getting the newest 5-star champs. Meanwhile free-to-play users must wait 3 months for a chance to catch up to them. And a **** chance to boot.

    This only further exposes how important the FGMC is to Kabam's bottom line, getting the top tier alliances to shell out more cash.

    it all seems filthy.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 15,440 Guardian
    Cristalman wrote: »
    Dub wrote: »
    Dub wrote: »
    I want to see where storm or ant man are effective on any levels. The lower you to the worse they get. Storm used to hit hard before bleeders were crazy good. Now she’s mediocre at best. As far as Jane goes. If you want a good stun champ put hulk. Or put iceman or aa as chances so people’s odds of getting a decent champ are higher than like 8 percent

    I can't agree with that. Storm is a killer.

    You can’t tell me you’d be ok with pulling one of the oldest champs in the game out of a 15k shard deal over the champ your going for. I’ve had her r4 before and there’s a reason she’s not any more. She’s behind on the curb of champs.

    You can pull Storm from a Featured 5-Star Hero Crystal right now. You can also pull Ant Man, or Agent Venom, or any of the others listed here. You can also pull a lot more Champions, from Colossus, to Star Lord, to Kamala Khan. This is a smaller pool, where you know what you can get, and makes it easier to dupe any of the Champions involved.

    Forgot to mention that we have to potentially wait 3 months now, unless we are willing to fork over 300 units per FGMC for a rare chance at the desired 5-star champ.

    Disappointed this is going further and further towards a pay to win system.

    It's already a pay to win game

    If Brian Grant is a loser, I'm making it my long term goal to lose at this game.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,026 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    khehmist wrote: »
    khehmist wrote: »
    Too bad Apple didn't start requiring transparency in communications, maybe the announcement would have looked more something more like...

    Due to Apple's new transparency mandate we're changing the feature crystal drop rate (for the champ you were hoping to get) to the worst of our old manipulated drop rates, for everyone, no matter how much you spend.

    Let it be known to all app stores that we will respond to any attempt to influence our business to the benefit of their customers in a way that will continue to make our revenue a priority far above all others.

    Forget about apple already, you cannot buy 5 star crystals with money. You can buy units and use them for crystals, but I can see the legal loophole.

    Nope. Apple mandated transparency, then Kabam changed the system and confirmed feature crystal drop rates for the first time in history. No chance that's a coincidence.

    Kabam has said nothing in this thread they haven't said before many times.

    They have never given a drop rate. Here for the first time ever we have been provided a drop rate. Unprecedented and not a coincidence.

    This is absolutely and unambiguously objectively false. They've always said that the odds of pulling any particular champion from the basic crystal were identical, that the odds of pulling any particular champion from the basic pool from the featured crystal is identical, and that in general the odds of pulling any particular champion of the same type from a crystal is identical. They are saying the exact same thing here: the odds of pulling any particular champion from the new featured crystal is identical. Because the number of champions in the new crystal is fixed at 24, that means the odds are approximately 4.2%. They can't quote a number like that in most other crystals because the number of champions is different at different times, but that number is zero additional information for anyone capable of doing basic elementary school math.

    How can the odds or drop rate for any hero in the basic crystal remain the same when, over time, new heroes are added to the crystal ?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,026 ★★★★★
    Just talked to the team, and they are comfortable with sharing the list of Champions we plan to include in the first Featured Champion Crystal. It's important to note that this list could still potentially change a little before the release, but the selected Champions are based on empirical data showing their effectiveness as 5-Star Champions in both Alliance Quests and Alliance Wars.

    Beast
    Storm
    Cable
    Cyclops (New Xavier School)
    Thor (Ragnarok)
    Taskmaster

    Agent Venom
    Hawkeye
    Modok
    Sentry
    Void

    Ant-Man
    Mordo
    Thor (Jane Foster)
    Loki
    Juggernaut
    Hela
    Phoenix
    Ronan
    Venompool
    Nebula
    Punisher (2099)
    Civil Warrior
    Doctor Octopus

    Bold Text denotes Featured Champions.

    [/quote]

    I didn't say most used, but they are among the most effective. Cyclops actually scores very high on this list. There is a smaller group of players that use him, but they use him VERY effectively.
    [/quote]

    Lol.... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

    I can't even...
  • StefentyStefenty Posts: 3
    With introduction of the 6* crystal it is about time you reduced the amount of shards to let’s say 5000 shards and 7500 for the special.
  • PepdogPepdog Posts: 30
    edited January 2018
    @Kabam Miike Is the drop rate percentage the same for each champion in the new crystal? Or is it a rare chance at the 6 featured champions and a strong chance at the basic champions?
  • Punisher99Punisher99 Posts: 9
    Change is always tough but I must say I really like this change! My 4 - 5* feature pulls are: Venom, Ronan and two Spider-Gwen's :( I never liked the size of the hero pool in that crystal. I love the idea of a smaller pool! Thank you Kabam
Sign In or Register to comment.