Worst Nodes in the Game

Windows10Windows10 Member Posts: 54
Hey guys,

I have been playing this game for quite a while now, but I was wondering if you could share any opinions or experiences with bad (difficult, tedious, etc.) nodes. I haven't gotten into any act 8 content yet, but I definitely had some trouble with some nodes in act 6 back in the day. As always, thanks!

Comments

• Windows10Windows10 Member Posts: 54
    shield311 said:

Every evade node ever
    Destructive feedback
    Spite
    Redlining/all those stupid power drain nodes + Langour
    Glancing nodes
    Pressure Gauge
    Mix Master

we had a similar thread a few months ago 😂
    Oh shoot, well I didn't see that thread lol. I wasn't really vibing with any power related nodes, primarily when the defender gains power per second, but that's my opinion.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,792 ★★★★★
    No retreat
    Vivified
    Spite
    Newton's law (mainly because AI in this node always refuse to intercept)
    Riot, I absolutely hate this **** when you can't use doom
    Root if you stay away for 4 seconds
    Tunnel vision/mix master/sixth sense (ok with other evade/autoblock/miss nodes but these one's are overkill).
    6.2.5 mordo quest global node.
  • MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Member Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    shield311 said:

Every evade node ever
    Destructive feedback
    Spite
    Glancing nodes
    Pressure Gauge
    Mix Master

What's wrong with redlining? It's cheesed by any spam sp1 or stun on sp1 champ

shield311 said:

Every evade node ever
    Destructive feedback
    Spite
    Glancing nodes
    Pressure Gauge
    Mix Master

What's wrong with redlining? It's cheesed by any spam sp1 or stun on sp1 champ
    Usually combined with languor. One mistake and you're done.

But redlining is a cheese with power drain immune champs.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,708 ★★★★★

Not the worst node, but I hate brawl. I only encounter it in incursions where attack values are very high, so I don’t wanna just trade hits while we’re both unstoppable, which means I have 5 seconds to play the fight normally before I have to back off for another 5. It’s so annoying, especially if using champs with less flexible rotations.

This is 100% the worse node as its a 8 second countdown and even when its active u only get 3 seconds without unless u run slow

Not the worst node, but I hate brawl. I only encounter it in incursions where attack values are very high, so I don’t wanna just trade hits while we’re both unstoppable, which means I have 5 seconds to play the fight normally before I have to back off for another 5. It’s so annoying, especially if using champs with less flexible rotations.

Valkyrie can cheese brawl
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,130 ★★★★★
    Bendy said:

This is 100% the worse node as its a 8 second countdown and even when its active u only get 3 seconds without unless u run slow
    Yea with slow I’m sure it’s fine but I only see this in incursions when I’m not using a slow champ
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,130 ★★★★★

I never run Valk in incursions tho 🤷
  • CassyCassy Member Posts: 1,078 ★★★
    Mix master
    And bane used to be my Nightmare node. Timing isn't my Thing sometimes.
    All Reverse control stuff.
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 386 ★★
    Some node worst for u but fun for others
    Example - Coward node (was only in incursion)
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,705 ★★★★★

Can she do it with biohazard or freezer burn ?
  • 11993451199345 Member Posts: 519 ★★★
    Safeguard
  • HoadyOZHoadyOZ Member Posts: 248
    Follow up challenge question: if you had to go blind into a high level quest where the nodes weren’t revealed until you selected your fighter, which 5 champs would you take?
    Champs that give you multiple immunity options like Abs Man and Scorpion, probably Omega Sentinel for immunities, heal block and tracking. Scorpion gives you taunt to assist with power control. I’d want a slow-inflicting champ, which Scorp can achieve with Toad synergy. Finally I’d add a bleed champ, since so many nodes need bleed applied for damage. I’m going with Venom for added fury in Scorp synergy. What all purpose team would you recommend?
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★
    edited July 8
    No Retreat, One eye Open, Caustic Temper, Destructive Feedback, Slashed tires, Strength in numbers, Defective defense, etc.
  • Oliver345781Oliver345781 Member Posts: 182
    All glancing nodes, they drive me nuts
    Riot
    Pressure gauge
    Tantrum

Those r the ones that come into mind right away.

(Also **** glancing nodes)
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 909 ★★★
    archaos
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Member Posts: 939 ★★★★
    Bendy said:

I hate that node as well. I hope they remove it from incursion. You need slow or Val. It’s too counter specific or niche when you take into account that at times the defender may have class advantage with the slow champ you have, and other nodes you have to manage.
  • Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Member Posts: 365 ★★★
    Pressure gauge.
    Hate it with a passion.
  • DarkPhoenix369DarkPhoenix369 Member Posts: 64
    Shadow Boxing from the 9.1 beta. I have no idea if it's been a node before but the path it was in was just abysmal
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,242 ★★★★
    Come on....indestructible is the worst and annoying node.

I truly hate
  • Mirac1eMirac1e Member Posts: 48
    Jack2634 said:

archaos

Hello brother what node is this, i havent seen this before and neither have i been able to find out info on this
    Mirac1e said:

Jack2634 said:

archaos

Hello brother what node is this, i havent seen this before and neither have i been able to find out info on this
    Just a modified version of act 4 chaos node.

A random buff or debuff is inflicted on the start of the fight on both champions. But unlike chaos, here we know which buffs/debuffs are possibly inflicted. We had this node on bgs two season back and everyone hated the rng. For example, imagine having a perfect fight against bishop but out of nowhere he gets inflicted with shock.
  • EtherionGodEtherionGod Member Posts: 270 ★★
    Pressure Gauge
    Mix Master
    Spite
    Do not go gentle, always hated that node.
  • ShiroMikazukiShiroMikazuki Member Posts: 512 ★★★
    shield311 said:

Every evade node ever
    Destructive feedback
    Spite
    Glancing nodes
    Pressure Gauge
    Mix Master

I’d put touch of dead on that list too, i find that the scariest node to go up against, even if the node allows the defender to have unblockable specials, happened to me in incursions one time, insta L
  • TheholyplungerTheholyplunger Member Posts: 78
    Tranquility. I know it's an easy node. But I frickin hate it. It ruins my day every time I see it
  • ShiroMikazukiShiroMikazuki Member Posts: 512 ★★★

Tranquility. I know it's an easy node. But I frickin hate it. It ruins my day every time I see it

I personally hate seeing biohazard more, its not hard but its every monthly EQ
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 752 ★★★

No retreat
    Vivified
    Spite
    Newton's law (mainly because AI in this node always refuse to intercept)
    Riot, I absolutely hate this **** when you can't use doom
    Root if you stay away for 4 seconds
    Tunnel vision/mix master/sixth sense (ok with other evade/autoblock/miss nodes but these one's are overkill).
    6.2.5 mordo quest global node.

I ran into a vivified Terrax in incursions once. Started with rock field and it just never went away.