Horrible lag with latest update

ShakyJake743ShakyJake743 Member Posts: 61
I have never seen it this bad, almost unplayable.

Game totally freezes during fights.

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,247 Guardian
    v46.0.1
    ???

Didn’t notice that before, they skipped over 46.0, for a HotFix (?) right away before even releasing the initial 46.0
  • Calypso96Calypso96 Member Posts: 56
    Same it’s unplayable
  • SidnyStormSidnyStorm Member Posts: 4
    Same. Freezes in every fight no matter eq, arena, bg…
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,015 ★★★★★

Completely is rendering inputs irrelevant at certain points in a fight.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,300 ★★★★★
    Give a lil more info on the issue, like device being used, maybe they can target the issue faster.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Solvseus said:

I’ve tried on a gen10 iPad and iPhone 13. Those aren’t that old. Slowed to a crawl several times on me, and I’ve counted 4 crashes now since updating. Support was no help. Latest iOS update made no difference.

Not only the crashes. The game also randomly slows down or pauses mid fight or mid combo, throws the timings off or gets you parried.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian
    All that I can tell you about this is kabam is aware of the bug that is causing this lag for some devices and they should be logging it to trello sometime.

https://trello.com/b/yM4RGbuU/mcoc-community-bugs-and-issues-tracker

Hopefully it gets fixed soon because it is a serious issue.
  • DeremusDeremus Member Posts: 148 ★★
    I had a fight lag so long today I thought it had frozen. Never had lag this bad
  • KalidanKalidan Member Posts: 3
    The game is virtually unplayable if you’re doing anything remotely challenging. I can do arenas fine because it’s easy to recover. But that’s about it.
  • CdvaCdva Member Posts: 57
    Agree, control issues are the worst they’ve ever been
  • SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★
    SQ has been tough because I notice when I fight TL5 scorpion, you need to dex to get debuff to do damage and the game will lag when those 6 icons pops up momentarily. By the time I recover, I either get hit by a heavy, hit by his combo or have to dash back and waste more time which gets his evade timer. I can lose half the health from this lag. Used 4 revives over 4 runs and 3 is due to the lag. It happened on both iPads and my iPhone 11, regardless of WiFi or data.
    Also the game crash so many times during the day, I lose more health in AQ due to crashes then from the fights. Think it averages at least 4 times in AQ, a couple in AW, a few times in Arena and even in EQ recently. I will buy a new phone next month but I dread to do the crucible with this lag.
  • KalidanKalidan Member Posts: 3
    THANK YOU!!! It’s happened so much I forgot to mention the crashing which screws me in AQ, AW, Incursions, and to a lesser degree BG, though the penalties for BG are less severe.

I have opened about 6 tickets and filled out there crash reports. But at this point, why bother. It’s too much effort when I know nothing will be done.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 757 ★★★

It happens all the time, and I have a rly good phone for games. Won't even lag for some of the most object heavy levels in gd yet freezes for so many fights.
  • AlchemikasAlchemikas Member Posts: 4
    Despite all these issues, I am expecting from Kabam a BIG compensation reward including a lot of high level revives.
  • SnurrisSnurris Member Posts: 434 ★★★
    This is the worst lag I ever encountered…
  • PSICØMANIAC12PSICØMANIAC12 Member Posts: 4
    Same here, i play in IOS device, and since the last update freezes at war and bg’s and almost at every fight
  • ThecurlerThecurler Member Posts: 875 ★★★★
    edited August 11
    Game is shockingly bad since update.
    Major combat lag spikes, combo gets interrupted by defender.
    Attacker gets stuck at times, controls become unresponsive.
    Unintended heavies back with a vengeance.

Cost me a bucket load of health potions in AW. Not good.

iPhone 15 pro max.
  • SolvseusSolvseus Member Posts: 117
    Ton of crashes trying to play arenas, and it slowed to a crawl a few times. I thought it froze once, only to watch as my Storm X suddenly started getting a beat down out of nowhere. No one was even throwing a special.

Add the ugly events UI that I guess is here to stay despite the overwhelmingly negative response it got here, and this is getting pretty annoying.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Member Posts: 626 ★★★
    I thought it was just me or I was tweaking cuz I had just done the 7.4.6 Kang boss with the slow mo, and then I was like “maybe my brain is messed up now,” but yeah, definitely having some stuttering issues.