Skill class underpowered?

Amir447Amir447 Member Posts: 324 ★★★
I can't be the only one who believes the skill class is extremely underpowered these days and could use some top tier entries. Science continues to get stronger despite being the best in the game also same with cosmic.

Who could be added to the skill class?

Comments

• LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,235 ★★★★
    not sure on who to add but a buff for dare devil and moon knight would be sick.

Even better, a king dare devil would go hard. His design is sick and i would love to see it in game.

• Amir447Amir447 Member Posts: 324 ★★★
    Amir447 said:

I can't be the only one who believes the skill class is extremely underpowered these days and could use some top tier entries. Science continues to get stronger despite being the best in the game also same with cosmic.

How have 5 ppl disagrees w this, I am curious to hear your thoughts? Surely skill is in dire need of some new champs right? Science and cosmic are getting the best ones recently
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 252 ★★★
    Good skills: Killmonger, Zemo, Attuma, Korg, Crossbones, Valkyrie, Shang-chi, Mole man, Mantis, Chee’ilth, Falcon, Elsa, etc.
    Top of the line skills that are basically unparalleled in what they do: Aegon (specifically for Everest content and incursions), Kate, Kingpin, Bullseye.

I definitely left out some very good skill champs as well. The skill class isn’t exactly suffering, the most I think you could say is that it’s got a bunch of old unbuffed champs dragging down the average like WS, Moon Knight, and BPCW (it still loses out in this category to mutants anyways). I think it’s in a pretty comfortable position, way ahead of tech and arguably alongside mutants and mystics. It’s just not the juggernaut class that cosmic and science are.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,893 ★★★★★
    Squidopus said:

Good skills: Killmonger, Zemo, Attuma, Korg, Crossbones, Valkyrie, Shang-chi, Mole man, Mantis, Chee’ilth, Falcon, Elsa, etc.
    Top of the line skills that are basically unparalleled in what they do: Aegon (specifically for Everest content and incursions), Kate, Kingpin, Bullseye.

I definitely left out some very good skill champs as well. The skill class isn’t exactly suffering, the most I think you could say is that it’s got a bunch of old unbuffed champs dragging down the average like WS, Moon Knight, and BPCW (it still loses out in this category to mutants anyways). I think it’s in a pretty comfortable position, way ahead of tech and arguably alongside mutants and mystics. It’s just not the juggernaut class that cosmic and science are.

Juggernaut class is mystic tho 😶
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,690 ★★★★★
    Squidopus said:

I wouldn't say bullseye is top of the line at anything now. Lots of people can easily solo and blitz him and he is very underwhelming in attack.
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,097 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Skill isn't underpowered, it's just that they aren't well represented as 7*s currently when compared to the other classes

This right here is the culprit.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,024 ★★★★★
    edited September 8
    Sable just got released 🙄
    She's something, I just can't explain it. 🤣

Squidopus said:

I wouldn't say bullseye is top of the line at anything now. Lots of people can easily solo and blitz him and he is very underwhelming in attack.
    I disagree. He’s not Serpent tier because no one is, but if you don’t draft a bleed immune you’re still probably losing against a well-played opponent from chip damage. He also similarly to Serpent has a bunch of potential meta nodes that can significantly increase his threat level. The current power snack one is simple but nice for giving him more power and more killer instinct while reducing the effectiveness of CGR and Warlock as an answer. If archaos comes back again Bullseye will be king, and the GC meta with regen off blocked hits and unblockable will probably be a nightmare. Matter of the fact is that defenders are still something all players need and you really can’t argue Bullseye isn’t a top 5 defender, hence he’s largely unparalleled in what he does.

Squidopus said:

He is literally the second toughest defender after serpent, and he got insane utilities idk what you're talkin bout.

He is one of the few champs who counter evade, autoblock and miss altogether. Always crits, and has decent damage. He is not a grwat attacker, But is useful when you need a evade/autoblock/miss counter.
  • WrathhWrathh Member Posts: 8
    Amir447 said:

Paladin, spymaster and silver samurai would be dope, though paladin might be tech. Viper would also be cool as well

Wrathh said:

Amir447 said:

Paladin, spymaster and silver samurai would be dope, though paladin might be tech. Viper would also be cool as well

Wouldn't silver samurai be mutant?
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
    Skill is not the weakest, currently tech is. There are a lot of good skill champs
  • WrathhWrathh Member Posts: 8

Wrathh said:

Amir447 said:

Wouldn't silver samurai be mutant?
    I don’t think so since while he IS a mutant, he largely bases his combat on Kenjutsu and uses his tachyonic energy to coat his blade

Squidopus said:

Bullseye can counter miss, evade and autoblock, very few champs can do that, has good damage when played properly with the killer instinct, garaunteed crits, plus he is the second best defender in the game (third is Maestro)
    Squidopus said:

Nick Fury: hold my beer
    EdisonLaw said:

Squidopus said:

Nick Fury: hold my beer
    I did say I definitely missed some, Fury just isn’t on my radar a whole lot since I don’t like using him on attack and I have Toad so I don’t mind him much in defense. Absolutely another great skill champ.
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 431 ★★★
    edited September 8
    Buttehrs said:

Squidopus said:

Not one mention on nick fury is absolutely criminal
    And who is scared of Nick fury on defense in 2024????
    Who is even using Nick on attack in matchups where it matters?
    Let's not start this.
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 396 ★★
    Skill class is Goated defenders korg ,Attuma , bullseye , killmonger, NF
    NONYABIZZ said:

Buttehrs said:

Squidopus said:

Let's not start this.
    Nick is still the only champion with two full lives, so he is still a viable stall option
  • NONYABIZZNONYABIZZ Member Posts: 431 ★★★
    edited September 8
    I literally just dropped a WHOLE LONG ASS SPEECH on why bullseye is a cancer on defense and because I made a few typos and had to edit twice, the comment got removed and is pending approval by kabam knowing damn well that post is never going to be shown on here 😐.
    NONYABIZZ said:

Buttehrs said:

Squidopus said:

Let's not start this.
    Me, I ban him if I can as he stalls too much
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,684 ★★★★★
    NONYABIZZ said:

I literally just dropped a WHOLE LONG ASS SPEECH on why bullseye is a cancer on defense and because I made a few typos and had to edit twice, the comment got removed and is pending approval by kabam knowing damn well that post is never going to be shown on here 😐.

It is forever lost in the shadowrealm 😂😂😂
    Amir447 said:

Extremely underpowered? Not at all. Skill class is full of great champs. But some of the players favorites---Kate B, Kingpin, Zemo, Nick Fury just aren't available as 7*'s.
    NONYABIZZ said:

I think you can cancel the edit and your original comment will reappear, even after it's waiting for approval.

But here's a little advice...this can happen anytime, even with just ONE edit. Next time before you edit, copy what you said, and/or paste it somewhere else in your phone. That way, if your comment does get blocked, you can just copy and paste it back. That's what I do. 🙂
  • GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Member Posts: 383 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

Sable just got released 🙄
    She's something, I just can't explain it. 🤣

as the number one sable defender, i can explain it. she is peak.