Concerning The Serpent Situation

01000100 Member Posts: 58
edited September 8 in General Discussion
I wish Kabam would address the Serpent situation; it's very simple and straightforward to acknowledge.

People are a little happier after discovering Anti-Venom and Count Nefaria counter Serpent effectively.

Why can't Kabam just say "We didn't rebalance Serpent because counters are already planned and on-the-way, hence no reason to change him."?

By-the-way, genuine sentiment; not-trolling.
Post edited by Kabam Crashed on

Comments

• BabyGrootBabyGroot Member Posts: 143 ★★
    Anti venom works for him? I didn't know that n have always thought he looks super cool. Time to rank and learn his kit.
  • MethodMan69MethodMan69 Member Posts: 238
    edited September 8
    0100 said:

I wish Kabam would address the Serpent situation; it's very simple and straightforward to acknowledge.

People are a little happier after discovering Anti-Venom and Count Nefaria counter Serpent effectively.

Why can't Kabam just say "We didn't rebalance Serpent because counters are already planned and on-the-way, hence no reason to change him."?

Because is a waste of time , everyone knows counters are coming, people just want to cry the nerf into existence, no matter what kabam say's they will always be mad
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,091 ★★★★★
    Because even if they address it, it’s unlikely they’ll say he’ll get changed

0100 said:

Because is a waste of time , everyone knows counters are coming, people just want to cry the nerf into existence, no matter what kabam say's they will always be mad
    So we deserve to suffer through this broken defender for the time being just because there will be counters trivializing him in the future? I'm embarrassed by the fact that this "They will release counters" argument still exists. What are you gonna come up with next, "Just ban him" maybe?

0100 said:

So we deserve to suffer through this broken defender for the time being just because there will be counters trivializing him in the future? I'm embarrassed by the fact that this "They will release counters" argument still exists. What are you gonna come up with next, "Just ban him" maybe?
    Just get gud and stop crying maybe that's a good one , maybe learn how to fight him how bout that one ? , do you really think he'll be the last busted defender, or your plan is to cry for every good defender to get nerfed for the rest of ur life
    edited September 8
    And by the way there is several counters for him , champs that already can easily do the fight and make it look easy . But just like I said is a waste of time trying to explain this
  • MadGodOryxMadGodOryx Member Posts: 76

And by the way there is several counters for him , champs that already can easily do the fight and make it look easy . But just like I said is a waste of time trying to explain this

Then go. We will manage to survive without your butter knife sharp wit somehow.

Then go. We will manage to survive without your butter knife sharp wit somehow.
    All this because of a good champion 😂😂
    Y'all so sorry
    edited September 8
    I hope kabam keep them coming more and more busted defenders , and I hope they're better than serpent , we are not the same all y'all see in one the best champs in the game is suffering, i see improvement I see how I can get better , but I do agree that is way easier to cry for a nerf , but I still go with getting better and learning new skills

0100 said:

0100 said:

Just get gud and stop crying maybe that's a good one , maybe learn how to fight him how bout that one ? , do you really think he'll be the last busted defender, or your plan is to cry for every good defender to get nerfed for the rest of ur life
    These three went to the BGs Tournament in Vancouver:

They need to get git gud too even though they already are the top players in the world? Lmao stop being an NPC
    They just want views , and they are smart for doing it , i don't believe none of these guy actually want him to get nerfed, why don't you post Andrew the ruff video too , just the guy that got C1 almost every time saying why serpent doesn't need a nerf

I hope kabam keep them coming more and more busted defenders , and I hope they're better than serpent , we are not the same all y'all see in one the best champs in the game is suffering, i see improvement I see how I can get better , but I do agree that is way easier to cry for a nerf , but I still go with getting better and learning new skills

Dude wants to try and be unique sooooooo bad lmao
    Not at all there several players that don't want him to get nerfed , they just not wasting time getting cry babys mad in the fórum like me
    edited September 8
    Squidopus said:

Yeah because it’s a skill issue when we don’t pull one of 10 slightly reasonable counters, probably die because Serpent decided to hold still for 3 seconds after triggering death immunity and got sp3, and still lose the match even if we don’t die because a near max health kill with the optimal counters takes well over a minute no matter how well you play. I think an Arcade defensive buff is reasonable, I’m cool with hard defenders. Serpent isn’t hard so much as he just requires extremely specific answers, sometimes decides you die anyways, and wins you bg matches even if you play out of your mind unless your opponent very much doesn’t.
    So rng is not fair to everyone every single time hell yeah now I want serpent to get nerfed because you just opened my eyes thx bro
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★

0100 said:

0100 said:

They need to get git gud too even though they already are the top players in the world? Lmao stop being an NPC
    They just want views , and they are smart for doing it , i don't believe none of these guy actually want him to get nerfed, why don't you post Andrew the ruff video too , just the guy that got C1 almost every time saying why serpent doesn't need a nerf
    Well by your logic I don’t trust Andy at all because he just wants views, I don’t believe that he actually wants serpent to stay the same.
  • Asher1_1Asher1_1 Member Posts: 396 ★★
    0100 said:

If Kabam wanted to develop a hard defender & story wise serpent fits perfectly. They get what they expected that'a it. 🤷
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

0100 said:

0100 said:

Well by your logic I don’t trust Andy at all because he just wants views, I don’t believe that he actually wants serpent to stay the same.
    + has a r3 awakened LMFAO

0100 said:

0100 said:

Andy was the only one that made a video to not nerf serpent meanwhile you can find like 10 videos complaining about serpent, the algorithm for views was for people that wanted him to get nerfed , y'all can barely talk to me without edging imagine watch a video explaining why he shouldn't get nerfed

0100 said:

0100 said:

+ has a r3 awakened LMFAO
    Ah yes, a perfectly objective source of information

0100 said:

0100 said:

So your argument in response to this is basically "I'm right cause I know what they're thinking more than they do themselves" 😂 are you really this dense or just arguing for the sake of arguing?

Beroman gets C1 consistently as well and he laughed at Kabam's decision too cause it is dumb. If you're here because of Andrew just say that and stop wasting everyone's time, had you mentioned you were one of Andrew's cronies from the start I wouldn't have replied in the first place cause the guy himself is a sarcastic troll and the fact he told everyone (including top BGs players) to "git gud" proves it.
    Andrews cronies I just mentioned the only person that didn't asked for a nerf , now I became he biggest fan you know what am thinking more than I do now good job
    And you should defo git gud

0100 said:

0100 said:

Andy was the only one that made a video to not nerf serpent meanwhile you can find like 10 videos complaining about serpent, the algorithm for views was for people that wanted him to get nerfed , y'all can barely talk to me without edging imagine watch a video explaining why he shouldn't get nerfed
    Andrew's video explains why he shouldn't get nerfed (according to Andrew who's completely delusional because he has a r3 of course), and if you watch any of the other videos which you claim were only made for views (again, more delusions), every single point Andrew made is addressed on them.
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 252 ★★★

0100 said:

0100 said:

There’s lots of views to be made in rage baiting. Do I think Andy is doing that? Idk I don’t watch him, but that’s hardly an argument that he’s speaking from the heart and others aren’t. I’m also not sure how you got that my complaint was purely RNG, I also made it quite clear the other half of the issue is that playing optimally with the best counters and good RNG still doesn’t secure you wins unless the opponent makes a grave error on their end. Bullseye is RNG reliant in the draft and whether he throws specials quickly but I think he’s mostly okay because the counters exist and can win reliably with good play. This is not true of Serpent because the best play with the best luck is often not enough.

0100 said:

0100 said:

So your argument in response to this is basically "I'm right cause I know what they're thinking more than they do themselves" 😂 are you really this dense or just arguing for the sake of arguing?

Beroman gets C1 consistently as well and he laughed at Kabam's decision too cause it is dumb. If you're here because of Andrew just say that and stop wasting everyone's time, had you mentioned you were one of Andrew's cronies from the start I wouldn't have replied in the first place cause the guy himself is a sarcastic troll and the fact he told everyone (including top BGs players) to "git gud" proves it.
    Andrews cronies I just mentioned the only person that didn't asked for a nerf , now I became he biggest fan you know what am thinking more than I do now good job
    And you should defo git gud
    Don't need to, I can already handle Serpent with a good draft:

Doesn't change the fact I still think he's very unhealthy for the game for the reasons mentioned in those videos you claim were made for views. Stay inside that echo chamber I guess.

0100 said:

0100 said:

So if you admit that the majority of people wanted him to be nerfed, and YouTubers are people, then why is it hard to believe that the majority of YouTubers genuinely want him to be nerfed?
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,893 ★★★★★
    Counters will be coming, there will be soft ones, like buffed luke, enchantress and count nefaria, and there will be great counters, like shathra. It is well know in the next 12 months atleast 5-6 champs will have kits designed to counter some of the serpent's Abilities.

Still he is a very bad defender. This is not 2018 where they can release unfair defenders like domino and iceman and get away with it. Bgs doesn't exist back then and AW had freedom to choose the absolute best counters and absolute best player who can take out problematic defenders without giving a kill.

I really hope there wouldn't be another serpent situation (or even bullseye situation) in future.

0100 said:

0100 said:

So if you admit that the majority of people wanted him to be nerfed, and YouTubers are people, then why is it hard to believe that the majority of YouTubers genuinely want him to be nerfed?
    Hell yeah just like I said I totally agree with those players is way easier to complain and ask for a nerf, but at the same there's several players that want the satisfaction of learning how to beat those champions , people that don't want the game to be boring and finish fights in 30 seconds just because they're using a busted attacker against a Garbo defender
This discussion has been closed.