6* R5 or 7* R2? Which one to choose and continue

VikDabasVikDabas Member Posts: 86
edited September 11 in General Discussion
There are many champs that are available as 7 stars. I am figuring out that 6* R5 Ascended is more better than 7* R2. My champs rely on awakening for their best potential. Getting a 7* and getting it duped may take sometime. So I maxed out my Onslaught, Photon, Void and some other champs. Is it good to continue with the same approach or focus on 7* R2?

I am F2P player. Just want community's thought 🤔. Thank you.

6* R5 or 7* R2? Which one to choose and continue 42 votes

Continue 6* Maxed
11%
Foxhero007NONYABIZZKLZVivesectorUzuma 5 votes
Rank up 7* to R2
83%
bhuv9191Captain_007_Ragnarok13CropDusterBrokenUnobtainiumClawsTJ107Trafalgarwar96captain_rogersItsClobberinTimeWolf911Ben_15455SauciestburritoMarouenwillrun4adonutfuzzynifflerTribalChiefQwerasdZhaPT_99 35 votes
Any other suggestions
4%
JackTheSnackAshacekar 2 votes

Comments

• GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Member Posts: 385 ★★★
    Rank up 7* to R2
    last year i would have said 6 star rank 5 ascended, but 7 stars are pretty easy to get now so for champs that don’t NEED sig 200 id say 7 stars since they’re the future of the game, especially with them taking pulling rank 6 stars out of act 9. really seems like kabam is ready for people to move on from 6 stars
  • Grand_Master_17Grand_Master_17 Member Posts: 19
    Rank up 7* to R2
    This actually is a question which cant have a specific answers, but if i would have to choose one it is going to be a 7*
    you may choose a 6* r5/r6 for a champ if
    1. he needs very high sig
    2. not available as a 7* rn
    3. you dont have enough progression in the game

now as we have seen that whenever we start getting the higher rarity champs, we stop using the lesser ones, like it happened to 4*/5* etc... but the 7* been more than a year in the game, are available for higher progression (paragon/valiant) which leads to the reduced use of 6*s

now i know that the materials we need to rank up 7*s isnt that easy to acquire especially for f2p players plus for the future 7* is the way to unless they dont introduce 8*s 💀
  • VivesectorVivesector Member Posts: 16
    Continue 6* Maxed
    I have had this dilemma in the past. My go to is, if the champ I'm trying to rank up requires high sig. I go with the 6*, if they don't I go with the 7*. You also have to weigh in the frequency with which you can do these rank ups. Good luck!
  • AshacekarAshacekar Member Posts: 1,989 ★★★★
    Any other suggestions
    META and/or non 7* available champs can be 6* maxed asc. If you get them as 7* it's well and good. These days both 6* and 7* are getting rankup gems often so think wisely where to use actual rankup materials and where to use gems. Overall 7* will have the preference.
  • VikDabasVikDabas Member Posts: 86
    Thank you @GalactikDonut @Grand_Master_17 @Vivesector @Ashacekar for your thoughts..

Seems will proceed to focus on 7 stars. Will upgrade 6* only if high sign is required. Once again thanks for your feedback.
  • JackTheSnackJackTheSnack Member Posts: 217
    Any other suggestions
    Depends on if they’re available as a 7 star or if you’ve got them awakened, what sig level, etc. It’s very champion based. I would lean on the side of 7* R2 because that’s where the game is headed but if we’re talking about a champ like Herc who won’t have a 7 star anytime soon R5 ascend that guy
  • AzureAzure Member Posts: 128
    Rank up 7* to R2
    7* becomes more and more important every day. With the 9.1 release, 6* starts to lose its value.
  • Yuvraj_267Yuvraj_267 Member Posts: 388
    Rank up 7* to R2
    Unless the awakening ability is a necessity for your champion.
  • Awesomep12Awesomep12 Member Posts: 889 ★★★
    Rank up 7* to R2
    VikDabas said:

There are many champs that are available as 7 stars. I am figuring out that 6* R5 Ascended is more better than 7* R2. My champs rely on awakening for their best potential. Getting a 7* and getting it duped may take sometime. So I maxed out my Onslaught, Photon, Void and some other champs. Is it good to continue with the same approach or focus on 7* R2?

I am F2P player. Just want community's thought 🤔. Thank you.

Investment 💯
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,947 Guardian

This actually is a question which cant have a specific answers, but if i would have to choose one it is going to be a 7*
    you may choose a 6* r5/r6 for a champ if
    1. he needs very high sig
    2. not available as a 7* rn
    3. you dont have enough progression in the game

now as we have seen that whenever we start getting the higher rarity champs, we stop using the lesser ones, like it happened to 4*/5* etc... but the 7* been more than a year in the game, are available for higher progression (paragon/valiant) which leads to the reduced use of 6*s

now i know that the materials we need to rank up 7*s isnt that easy to acquire especially for f2p players plus for the future 7* is the way to unless they dont introduce 8*s 💀

to add to this, 6r5A may be needed for sagas.