Act 9.1.3 Scourge - Power Path

tpeters85tpeters85 Member Posts: 58
For anybody else who has attempted the Scourge - Power path on 9.1.3, does it feel like the defender's power meter is filling up way too fast based on the node description? They are only supposed to gain 0.5% of a bar of bar of power per second for each Scourge Charge on them, but once the defender I'm facing gets up to 4 Scourge Charges, their power meter starts filling RAPIDLY even though it should only be filling 2% of a bar per second. Maybe I'm not reading the node description properly, but wanted to see if anyone else was having this problem.

Comments

• ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    I gave up.
  • JROD1OJROD1O Member Posts: 12
    So it’s not supposed to be like that? I just spammed sp1 and made sure to dex often. Got tired of it and just used herc for the sp3 cheat and it worked too.
  • tpeters85tpeters85 Member Posts: 58
    JROD1O said:

So it’s not supposed to be like that? I just spammed sp1 and made sure to dex often. Got tired of it and just used herc for the sp3 cheat and it worked too.

Unless I’m totally misinterpreting the node, it feels like the description is inaccurate or there’s a bug that is increasing the power gain more than intended. Once you get to 3 Scourge or higher, the power gain gets crazy.
  • tpeters85tpeters85 Member Posts: 58
    I just let the defender get to 4 Scourge and it took them 5 seconds to fill an entire bar of power (I counted). Whether it’s intended or not, the defender is getting 5% of a bar of power per second per Scourge and the node says they are only supposed to get 0.5% per second per Scourge.
  • KCOFKCOF Member Posts: 5
    *Meant 2.5k 7 star shards, my bad.

Also as an update for people looking to do the path: Managed to get Stark Spidey, White Mags and Ultron done with my 7 star R1 spider ham with the Odin pre-fights and just spammed SP1, luckily power stings, taunts and power gain mix well together and i managed to scrape by with no revives needed (But at the cost of 4 energy refills worth of attempts.. I will forever hate that path), would probably recommend Scorpion for the path since he practically does the same thing as Spider Ham, but ofc don't use him for white mags.

Brought Nimrod for Toad because he deserves to get spit on after holding his SP3s like Starky did.

Vox was alright, made the mistake of using him against Night Thrasher and it became an 8 minute slog but managed to redeem it by using him to finish off the last 50% health of Future Ant Man (Degens go brrr), I still hope they check the power gain on that path for the sake of other players and see if it's working as intended because I almost went insane after watching Starky rail me with an SP3 for the 17th time.

God bless anyone who doesn't have a Serpent for this path btw, hated this one
  • AleorAleor Member Posts: 3,084 ★★★★★
    For every fight you can use Chavez with Odin pre fights (what I ended up doing actually). Also I guess mr4 prefight may work fine, if you spam sp1 fast enough, I only used him with venom on sparky (worried fine) and r1 vox vs toad (only managed to get him down to 80% and finished with AC from there)
  • KCOFKCOF Member Posts: 5
    edited September 12
    tpeters85 said:

I just let the defender get to 4 Scourge and it took them 5 seconds to fill an entire bar of power (I counted). Whether it’s intended or not, the defender is getting 5% of a bar of power per second per Scourge and the node says they are only supposed to get 0.5% per second per Scourge.

Hmm, so it's more like the opponent is gaining 1% a bar of power instead of 0.5% then? That would explain how getting as little as 5 charges can give such power gain
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Member Posts: 731 ★★★
    Ironically, serpent was the answer for me. #Serpent doesn’t need a nerf. And Vox chipped in here and there
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,759 ★★★★★
    tpeters85 said:

Yeah this wasnt like it on beta i dont think, like i get each one is 0.5 a second but it felt like 2% a bar a second or even 3 than 0.5% like i was mind blown to find out i got hit with a sp3 3 times before restarting path and trying again hoping better ai
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    Vile, vile node. It's beyond stupid even with my 7* r3 serpent and his power gain.

One accidental parry instead of a dex and it's literally over, they'll stack like 3-4 charges and over a bar of power while stunned, and then get to their sp3 while u try to bait it out (because dexes pause charges from building but they don't stop the powergain from the existing charges anyway so what's even the point???).
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    edited September 12

Vile, vile node. It's beyond stupid even with my 7* r3 serpent and his power gain.

One accidental parry instead of a dex and it's literally over, they'll stack like 3-4 charges and over a bar of power while stunned, and then get to their sp3 while u try to bait it out (because dexes pause charges from building but they don't stop the powergain from the existing charges anyway so what's even the point???).

It's definitely doable with other champs too, like I did the toad fight with vox pretty well. But it totally depends on the bipolar ahh AI actually throwing specials.
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 387 ★★★
    I got through it without too much trouble, just spam sp1s nonstop. But I agree with OP that the .5% of a bar of power per second per charge seems incorrect. I wouldn’t be surprised if a decimal is out of place in their spec. The champs gained power much faster than I would’ve guessed from the description.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,097 ★★★★★
    I also had problems with my specials not getting rid of scourge charges. Did anyone else have that problem? It would happen if they had 8 or more charges.
  • AsyalolAsyalol Member Posts: 38
    Honestly, for my part, I have no worries, I came back with 7* R3 which helps a lot, but I have them easier with Scorpion and SP1 and Provocation, so the defender launches all the time, C ' is SP before SP3. If it can help others
  • kus234kus234 Member Posts: 270 ★★
    Can someone explain how Serpent works on the path? Rotation etc..
  • Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Member Posts: 442 ★★★
    kus234 said:

Because the AI tends to turtle up lately, especially with power gain, Serpent has unblockable on his SPs, so even if they just hold block, you can still knock them down with an SP1 to make them lose Scourge charges. No real rotation or anything other than that.
  • MordMord Member Posts: 135 ★★
    What worked best for me was Venom with the scorp synergy and spam sp1 non stop. But yeah that power gain is no joke.
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,230 ★★★★
    kus234 said:

Just focus on sp1s, he gets power gain so he can fire it pretty frequently and because of his sp1 you get a true focus buff which helps against evading champs like spidey and ultron in the path. I used him and vox. Vox did well damage wise and serpent was more safer.

Also when you knock them down and they have zero charges, try doge on of their hits, it pauses their scourge charge timer for 4 seconds which isn’t a lot but helps you build to sp1 more safer without having the always worry about a massive power gain.
  • PrentexPrentex Member Posts: 388 ★★
    haven't really started doing 9.1, but for this scourge timer wouldn't chavez work great for this? Or is there anything hindering her power gain reverse?
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    Prentex said:

haven't really started doing 9.1, but for this scourge timer wouldn't chavez work great for this? Or is there anything hindering her power gain reverse?

that's who i ended up using. didn't want to be bothered to look at icons and figure out what' s happening lol ..she's the ideal answer .. not the only one but the one that worked best for me.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★
    Prentex said:

You also have buffed up but with odin synergies chavez can work.

I cheesed the path with serpent though.... Any champ with frequent sp1 (which also does high damage without messing the champ's rotation) can work.
  • FunkFunk Member Posts: 85

Checking with the team to see if this is working as intended

Fair to say we all hope it’s not. Thanks for raising,