Crystal Cleansing Event: Are the rewards enough to make you stop hoarding your crystals?

Comments

• WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 951 ★★★
    Nope!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,487 ★★★★★
    Well, I have a couple thoughts. First of all, the Rewards have been said to be mid, but I suppose they add up.
    The other thing that came to mind is, there's no reason to keep some of them at all, so I might as well.
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,401 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

NONYABIZZ said:

Glassback said:

NONYABIZZ said:

I just know all the players spamming disagrees are not higher than TB
    Also I'm a chief crystal hoarder, I practically do not open crystals (unless I have to) and I never have to because I always have resources in overflow (I'm practically rich in game lmao),I still have crystals from when versus mode in arena was a thing, even act 1 crystals.I open 7* star crystals but began saving mine as well as titan for banquet season where I intend to do a big opening. This event is not encouraging me to open even my Gold crystals AT ALL. What am I gonna do with 5* shards, I literally have a million and I haven't opened a 5* since early 2023. Unless there is a huge milestone that I haven't seen and this crystal opening spree has anything to do with the 7* cheeilth or any upcoming event, I most likely will not be taking time out of my day to participate in this

Trouble is, accounts like yours are literally the problem with server use from all of the crystals hoarded. There’s no benefit to keeping them but hoarding them just slows the game down.

Pure selfish imo. And posting a semi brag about it is a whole move in itself 🙄
    And you got this information from where exactly??? Did kabam tell you this personally?
    The person you’re responding to is half-right. Kabam has previously stated that their servers get cluttered by each unique type of crystal held in player vaults. What this means is that it’s not an issue if you have 10,000 gold crystals because everybody has those, but if you are one of a small number of people holding a specific variety of outdated crystal (like the arena quickmatch crystals, or Brian Grant’s Famous Egg™️), that causes an out of band strain on the servers.

Kabam has said this in the past when they do forced openings of old crystals like these. They do them so they can clear the data off their servers.
    Good to know that I can focus on the one-off crystals and continue ignoring the other massive crystal amounts. I can't be bothered to open some of the crystals that I have hundred/thousands of because it simply takes too long to open 10 at a time (this is even worse for the champion crystals, where you have to wait for all 10x duped champions to slowly process through duplication). Even if I wanted to blow through my premium hero crystals for the iso, it takes too dang long. And I have no use for Solo crystals, so opening them is just a waste of time.
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,761 ★★★★★
    Only crystals ill open are the arena boost crystals im tired of seeing them and ill sell the boosts for the tiny gold
  • Super_Cretu90Super_Cretu90 Member Posts: 143
    I will only open a few crystals, such as T4CC and other insignificant ones. I will keep hoarding the Daily Valiant, Paragon, gold, Valiant, 5, 6 and 7 star ones, plus others.
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,334 ★★★★★
    Bro can’t stop talking about his hoarded crystals for 2 seconds 😭
  • YodaKajYodaKaj Member Posts: 105
    Hoard... Hoard... HODOR
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,678 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

This is a test of the Realm Event tech to make sure it’s working. That’s why it’s a simple activity with mid-game focused rewards. They’ve already announced there will be other Realm Event challenges in the near future, including a Battlegrounds event.

If you aren’t interested in it, just play the game the same way you normally would and enjoy some extra free stuff along the way. It ain’t that deep.

Yeah I found out later that it is a test event. No biggie.

I won't open much of my lil hoard. Just what I would open normally and maybe a few thousand gold crystals just to feel like I contributed.

A FEW thousand goldies?? Exactly how many do you have? 😅

What I want the most is the T1 Primodal dust. I know most Valian summoners don't upgrade 6 stars but I still do so this is a nice bonus for doing nothing extra. If the incentive was better I'm sure we could do some crazy numbers but it's still free and I will take it.

Awesome 👊🏽
  • Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Member Posts: 387 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

NONYABIZZ said:

Glassback said:

NONYABIZZ said:

I just know all the players spamming disagrees are not higher than TB
    Also I'm a chief crystal hoarder, I practically do not open crystals (unless I have to) and I never have to because I always have resources in overflow (I'm practically rich in game lmao),I still have crystals from when versus mode in arena was a thing, even act 1 crystals.I open 7* star crystals but began saving mine as well as titan for banquet season where I intend to do a big opening. This event is not encouraging me to open even my Gold crystals AT ALL. What am I gonna do with 5* shards, I literally have a million and I haven't opened a 5* since early 2023. Unless there is a huge milestone that I haven't seen and this crystal opening spree has anything to do with the 7* cheeilth or any upcoming event, I most likely will not be taking time out of my day to participate in this

Trouble is, accounts like yours are literally the problem with server use from all of the crystals hoarded. There’s no benefit to keeping them but hoarding them just slows the game down.

Pure selfish imo. And posting a semi brag about it is a whole move in itself 🙄
    And you got this information from where exactly??? Did kabam tell you this personally?
    The person you’re responding to is half-right. Kabam has previously stated that their servers get cluttered by each unique type of crystal held in player vaults. What this means is that it’s not an issue if you have 10,000 gold crystals because everybody has those, but if you are one of a small number of people holding a specific variety of outdated crystal (like the arena quickmatch crystals, or Brian Grant’s Famous Egg™️), that causes an out of band strain on the servers.

Kabam has said this in the past when they do forced openings of old crystals like these. They do them so they can clear the data off their servers.
    And they said somewhere in the last couple of days that a forced opening of oddball crystals is coming soon…
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,549 ★★★★★
    mgj0630 said:

I agree the rewards are weak, but it did give me an excuse to do this...

You're welcome community.

Good lord

Azdef said:

Not sure of the discord but they did mention on the stream that this is a trial event for a bigger event later...

So we should keep saving our crystals then for the bigger event?
    No the realm event is a community event of different tasks. The next realm event is in october, based on number of bg matches we play. Similarly every other realm event have different objectives and tasks to do. So it is unlikely for us to have another crystal cleaning realm event.

But if you open enough crystals, i.e., enough to reach top rank, you get unique profile pics and emotes
    Just what I always wanted

For me, no. Just no. I have ZERO ambition for this.

I thought it would be an event worth putting the effort into, but it's not. IMO, opening 1 billion crystals is an absurd community milestone...

In fairness, the Road to the Crypt milestones for Necropolis probably seemed fairly absurd when they were announced.

The initial milestones peaked at 5 million; but ultimately the community managed over 11 million deaths in the Necropolis 🤷‍♂️
    There was nothing absurd about these

• Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Member Posts: 311 ★★★
    No. I Currently have 31k crystals to open. I will open 1k. Dont see any reason to open more, since I have no need to the materials in them.

Well, I have a couple thoughts. First of all, the Rewards have been said to be mid, but I suppose they add up.
    The other thing that came to mind is, there's no reason to keep some of them at all, so I might as well.

Good point
  • andre98andre98 Member Posts: 28
    i read from people that its a trial. but in that case, why take part in it. why not wait to open all those crystals untill the good event comes by?
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,279 ★★★★★
    andre98 said:

i read from people that its a trial. but in that case, why take part in it. why not wait to open all those crystals untill the good event comes by?

Cause its a trial of the system, not the event 🤦
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,041 ★★★★
    I would have preferred another road to thr crypt so I could die multiple times lol
  • AvnishAvnish Member Posts: 442 ★★★
    I have around 2k 2% T4CC crystal and 2k quest crystal. This is the time to open them and clean my stash...then I sell T4CC to get T5CC..if required I will open my all arena boost crystal for contributing to community... rewards are fine and I am happy get them for free..
  • FunnyDudeFunnyDude Member Posts: 541 ★★★★
    edited September 5
    IMO, I don't think giving out 10K 7-star shards instead of 1K will destroy economy of the game, but will give a lot of motivation for end-game players to spend 15 minutes to open all trash crystals.
  • RapRap Member Posts: 3,209 ★★★★
    edited September 17
    Trial run or not! It ain't cutting it and it ain't rocket science to be able to see that expecting us to waste potentially useful items in exchange for garbage isn't gonna get the community excited.
    What would have been exciting was even half the units it takes to buy a profile pic rather than a bunch of useless profile pics.
    As for the dust? Seriously? For 4 and 5 stars? Get a grip!
    This is a pathetic excuse for a community event after 10 years.
    I got one will continue to horde as I have no doubts we will get no where near the final rewards.
    And the final rewards isn't even that great!
  • crogscrogs Member Posts: 769 ★★★
    edited September 17
    I'm just tired of profile pic rewards. Way too common, way too often. Like the blood, sweat & tears tokens. All the rewards for them outside of the crystal shards are profile pics. So the only worthwhile redemption is for most likely 3* champions. Such a joke.
  • SquidopusSquidopus Member Posts: 250 ★★★
    Rap said:

What would have been exciting was even half the units it takes to buy a profile pic rather than a bunch of useless profile pics.

There are units in this event. 300 total, which is… roughly half the units to buy one of the most expensive profile pics in the store. A little more than half actually.

Idk it really feels like people are just taking this as much more of a personal slight than is warranted. This is a test event that was explicitly stated in the livestream to be aimed at middle-tier players. They could’ve had literally all the tier rewards be 1 gold and would’ve gotten the same testing done since testing if the realm tech works doesn’t require us to max it out. You don’t have to “waste” your valuable resources because every high tier player probably has millions of solo shards they’re sitting on with rewards too pitiful to ever matter unless Kabam does a miracle and buffs them a LOT (like that’s gonna happen). Opening them is annoying but also still like 5-10 minutes max to clear well over 1000. Just do your part or ignore it, some of you all seem offended that this exists in any capacity when it’s pretty much free rewards (regardless of how small you think the rewards are).
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★

Azdef said:

Not sure of the discord but they did mention on the stream that this is a trial event for a bigger event later...

No the realm event is a community event of different tasks. The next realm event is in october, based on number of bg matches we play. Similarly every other realm event have different objectives and tasks to do. So it is unlikely for us to have another crystal cleaning realm event.

But if you open enough crystals, i.e., enough to reach top rank, you get unique profile pics and emotes
    how do you know this?
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★
    Maat1985 said:

Azdef said:

how do you know this?
    They said in the previous livestream
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Member Posts: 2,362 ★★★★

Maat1985 said:

Azdef said:

how do you know this?
    i know they said it was a test.
    and i know they said there would be more.
    but never heard anything about exact confirmation as to what will be happening and when it will be.
    just there will be others in the future
  • Twist1298Twist1298 Member Posts: 174
    By the time the event ends I should be around 4.5K crystals open and I am just opening things I get often and use most.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,869 ★★★★★
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Azdef said:

how do you know this?
    i know they said it was a test.
    and i know they said there would be more.
    but never heard anything about exact confirmation as to what will be happening and when it will be.
    just there will be others in the future
    No they said something like there will be a bg realm event next season, instead of solo and alliance milestone event.